Making a Murderer (Netflix) - New info

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There was only evidence of 2 bullets in the skull fragments recovered, I believe
You still think 2 head shots is easy to clean up, but then as bisi so aptly put it:

Cleans every speck of DNA from murder scene and rape house

Just tosses bones out back because fuck it
I tend to presume innocence until there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Which is how our legal system is supposed to work. And the quoted fact alone is enough to give reasonable (more than reasonable really) doubt.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Something I either missed or the documentary didn't cover but what was the motive the prosecution presented for killing this lady he has worked with? I mean was it just he's a psycho killer? lol
Basically yes. At one point the DA talks about how they're all sex crazed maniacs sexing their cousins and molesting their children. If that's not proof, then I don't know what is!

I mean, yeah, some of that may be true, but the dude was about to be very rich and despite being dumb as a box had a girlfriend, his own trailer, heir to a business he could actually manage contributing to, and of course all the junk he could gather for bonfires. He was living pretty large, but apparently was just so horny and depraved he couldn't help but tie a chick up and fuck her and risk losing it all because the first 18 years in prison wrongfully convicted wasn't enough. If anything, you'd think he'd have tied up and serial raped his girlfriend. Or murdered a family member of someone in the Sheriff's office. Not some stranger everyone knew was coming over that day.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Basically yes. At one point the DA talks about how they're all sex crazed maniacs sexing their cousins and molesting their children. If that's not proof, then I don't know what is!

I mean, yeah, some of that may be true, but the dude was about to be very rich and despite being dumb as a box had a girlfriend, his own trailer, heir to a business he could actually manage contributing to, and of course all the junk he could gather for bonfires. He was living pretty large, but apparently was just so horny and depraved he couldn't help but tie a chick up and fuck her and risk losing it all because the first 18 years in prison wrongfully convicted wasn't enough. If anything, you'd think he'd have tied up and serial raped his girlfriend. Or murdered a family member of someone in the Sheriff's office. Not some stranger everyone knew was coming over that day.
It's hard to distinguish between what may be true or false about the accusations of his ludeness. But being a pervert doesn't equate to being a violent psychopath.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You're also leaving out the fact that he's got random blood in the car, but no fingerprints. And when they booked him he had a cut on his finger -- which could have explained the blood...if they also found fingerprints. But as such, it means he would've had to have been wearing gloves. But then there's no blood.

Jive Turkey

Karen
popsicledeath;1358229 said:
So, instead of driving the car to a secluded area directly after the murder before anyone was looking for it because it wouldn't be cause for suspicion, Avery instead drove it to a portion of his own property and then kept the key in his bedroom. Because that was smarter than crushing the car, loading it into a truck, and hauling it away. Holy shit, man, that Avery guy whose family owns the scrapyard is hauling away crushed cars! He probably killed someone!
No. It was obvious from the audio recordings that Officer Colborn saw the car ditched somewhere. He asks what the licence plate is, then asks the dispatcher "91 RAV4?" before he should've known what kind of car it was. I'm not sure what I'm not being clear with. I'm saying Avery ditched the car, the cops found it elsewhere (which seems obvious from the audio), then had it brought to the salvage yard.
If you think they'd let a salvage yard haul away crushed carsafterit was reported missing, you're insane.
And the key was obviously planted and is irrelevant because I'm saying theydidplant evidence. That doesn't automatically make Avery innocent

You guys realize Avery and Dassey were both literally borderline retarded, right? I don't mean that in a disparaging way, I mean they are both actually legally borderline retarded. And you're applying your reasoning skills to their planning of a murder

Jive Turkey

Karen
You still think 2 head shots is easy to clean up, but then as bisi so aptly put it:

I tend to presume innocence until there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Which is how our legal system is supposed to work. And the quoted fact alone is enough to give reasonable (more than reasonable really) doubt.
No. I'm saying the story that she was killed in the garage is the investigator's story based on the bullet they planted there. But that doesn't mean she wasn't killed by Avery elsewhere.

There are 3 possible scenarios:
Avery did it and the investigation was legit
Avery did it, but the investigation was shady in order to ensure a conviction
Avery didn't do it

We know he had a strange obsession with the victim
had requested she specifically come out to photograph the car
previously answered the door in a towel when she arrived
made her feel uncomfortable enough that she didn't want to go back
tried to call her with a blocked number the same day she died
Had his non-blood dna on the hood of the car which was consistent with the disconnected battery
had 3 weeks previously bought the restraints Dassey said were used
had previously be cited for lude behaviour
possibly molested his nephews

this isn't inconsistent with the kind of person who might rape someone. And he certainly isn't the good person the documentary made him out to be. I'm simply saying it's not unreasonable to think that he committed the murder, but the investigation was tampered with when there was an apparent lack of physical evidence to guarantee a conviction

Jive Turkey

Karen
You realize that's pretty much the motive of every rape/murder ever, right? Rapists rape because that's their MO. And they sometimes kill the girls they rape because they don't want them to go to the police. In fact, the motive of the guy who actually raped the girl in 1985 and thought he left her for dead was precisely that

Jive Turkey

Karen
http://www.pajiba.com/netflix_movies...nt-present.php

I think it's safe to say that Dassey changed his story so many times that he would probably say anything he thought the police wanted to hear, but the battery cable being disconnected is consistent with the DNA present on the hood (non-blood DNA, so this has nothing to do with the tampered blood vial). Again, it seems obvious from Colborn's radio call with dispatch about the plate number that he had seen the car elsewhere, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think Dassey would change that part of the story to fit with it being found in the salvage yard.
I mean, it's even possible the 2 borderline retarded guys thought there were enough cars in the scrap yard that they wouldn't be found and Colborn was radioing his dispatchfromthe salvage yard but wanted time to plant some evidence in it. Is that more or less plausible than the car being found elsewhere and brought to the yard? I don't know. Either way, Colborn absolutely saw the car before it was 'found'

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
1) The fact that the police had access to Dassey without someone halfway competent at any point tells you there's a pretty good chance they may have fed him his answers in a previous encounter. When a camera wasn't present. Too many instances where they're trapping that kid into sabotaging himself. Regardless of what Dassey says at any point, about anything, you have to assume there is some amount of twist coming from some source. I mean, fuck, Wrestlemania? You're a great judge, derp de derp? Yikes.

2) I refuse to make the logical leaps the prosecution is driving at. No, I don't believe you when you try to convince me that retard is capable of removing absolutely, positively every speck of Halbach DNA anywhere in the compound. So when you try to convince me that he's fucking Dexter, how can you in the next breath tell me he's so fucking stupid that he'd dump that chick's shit 15 feet away from his fucking trailer? How can Dexter the retard be so stupid as to remove every ounce of DNA everywhere but in that car? The state jumps back and forth between trying to convince us they're prosecuting Lex Luthor and Sloth. Not buying it.

3) I don't understand the perspective of people who think the Police are incapable or unwilling to kill that girl. To do all of it, basically. That settlement would have crushed that county. Calling in every favor you've got in that situation is so easy for me to believe. When that FBI agent came back with the blood results from inside Halbach's car, one of Avery's attorneys absolutely killed it when they called that guy out on being an unreliable witness. Somehow there's an FBI agent out there so fucking stupid that he'd come out and say his job was clearing a police officer's name. That shit blew me away.

Despite all that, I'm still not convinced he didn't kill her. But as plenty of people have already stated, convicting Avery was a joke, and what they did to Dassey should be a crime.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think her being shot 22 times was from one of Dasseys bullshit confessions - nothing proves it but it sounds crazy so they pushed it. What's worse than killing her with a headshot? 22 bullets after slitting throat and strangling her

Caliane

Here's an interesting discussion on the additional DNA on the rav 4

https://m.reddit.com/r/MakingaMurder...v4_hood_latch/
This is dumb. No one is questioning that she had been out to his place, 7? times, in her rav4, on the job, as he was hiring her to do. its not unthinkable, a car guy, would have had some reason to pop her hood, and look at her car engine at some point.

Of course, this is something, that could have been clarified, if he testified.

Also, ffs, Brendon was just agreeing with them again? So there goes, "they only looked after Brenden directed them". They had the evidence, and told Brendon what to say.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I guess I am the only one that doesn't think he did it. I more suspect the ex boyfriend or one of the random hunters. The lack of DNA in the supposed kill site and the fact the body was in the car just really screams unlikely with the prosecutions narrative. It took 18 searches to find bullets and keys in plain sight? Really? The whole thing is a sham.
That's certainly what the defense was trying to convince the jury.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Avery's DNA was on the hood of the RAV4. Non-blood DNA. How do you account for that?
He was talking to her and put his hands on the hood of her car or rested against it? That could happen in literally any parking lot in the world.

Everyone relax I found the murders!

It was this guy.

cWOpFXU.jpg

or maybe this guy.

sw9uvoK.jpg

Maybe they were in it together!

Jive Turkey

Karen
He was talking to her and put his hands on the hood of her car or rested against it? That could happen in literally any parking lot in the world.

Everyone relax I found the murders!

It was this guy.

cWOpFXU.jpg

or maybe this guy.

sw9uvoK.jpg

Maybe they were in it together!
Hoodlatchon a car that had its battery disconnected. Or maybe he disconnected the battery when she had visited previously and she had just been driving around Flintstones style?

Jive Turkey

Karen
2) I refuse to make the logical leaps the prosecution is driving at. No, I don't believe you when you try to convince me that retard is capable of removing absolutely, positively every speck of Halbach DNA anywhere in the compound. So when you try to convince me that he's fucking Dexter, how can you in the next breath tell me he's so fucking stupid that he'd dump that chick's shit 15 feet away from his fucking trailer? How can Dexter the retard be so stupid as to remove every ounce of DNA everywhere but in that car? The state jumps back and forth between trying to convince us they're prosecuting Lex Luthor and Sloth. Not buying it.
You only think he removed every trace of dna because you're clinging to the prosecutions assertion that he shot her in the garage since that's where they found the bullet that was planted. He didn't need to do much cleaning if he killed her elsewhere. And they apparently threw the sheets in the fire along with her, so that takes care of most of that evidence.
Despite what Chanur insanely asserts above, you don't leave DNA around everything you touch. You guys seem to think you just turn on your Batman DNA vision and should see traces of her everywhere

Jive Turkey

Karen
3) I don't understand the perspective of people who think the Police are incapable or unwilling to kill that girl. To do all of it, basically.
This is the most insane theory of all. So the police just happened to pick a girl that they somehow knew Avery was obsessed with and that they somehow knew would be visiting him that day? And they were able to kill her right after leaving Avery's property before anyone else had a chance to see her? Seems unlikely. Avery killing her is more plausible or someone else killed her and they framed him for it

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You only think he removed every trace of dna because you're clinging to the prosecutions assertion that he shot her in the garage since that's where they found the bullet that was planted. He didn't need to do much cleaning if he killed her elsewhere. And they apparently threw the sheets in the fire along with her, so that takes care of most of that evidence.
Despite what Chanur insanely asserts above, you don't leave DNA around everything you touch. You guys seem to think you just turn on your Batman DNA vision and should see traces of her everywhere
Clinging to the prosecutions assertion? Yeah sorry if we're clinging to someone's story whose whole responsibility is to convince beyond reasonable doubt a defendant is guilty. They spun the story and it made no sense. No one needs to speculate about the infinite number of locations she could have been killed.