Making a Murderer (Netflix) - New info

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The thing I think is really odd is how convinced the brother is. If my sister was killed, and the investigation and trial went down like this, I wouldn't even come close to having closure.

I know they talk about it a bit, but the county had a 36 million dollar lawsuit on it's hand, which insurance said they wouldn't cover. This would essential bankrupt the county and PD I assume? That's a lot of motivation right there. I think the only two possibilities is that SA did kill her (dubious), or the either lenk or colburn (or both) pulled her over, shot her in the head and proceeded with the set up. Anything else is just too coincidental. All items found could have been tainted and planted by lenk/colburn.

But who fucken knows. Crazy shit. Averys life was ruined the moment he got stupid and ran down / threatened his cousin who was married to a cop.

Oh and Brendens first lawyer should be disbarred and imprisoned for the shit he pulled.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Prison might be the best place for Brendan - lord knows he's eating well, being educated, gets to watch TV and play video games I think too.

The reason for him being there is bullshit, but its not like he would've contributed to society.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Not reading the thread to avoid spoilers. Watching episode 4 right now...

Brendan is on the phone with his mom and says something to the effect of "I was just guessing, like I do with my homework."

LO-Fucking-L

Jive Turkey

Karen
Should've kept it to 8 episodes. The last two are really anticlimactic. I get that there was still a bit of a story to tell, but most of it could've been rolled into the first 8 and ended with a few end notes on screen

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
Oh and Brendens first lawyer should be disbarred and imprisoned for the shit he pulled.
If you take anything away from watching this series, it's that you should do everything in your power to avoid a public defender.

I know SA was dumber than a box of rocks, but I can't see how that SUV didn't wind up in the car crusher. I mean, c'mon now. Covering it up with sticks and a car hood?

And the blood in evidence being opened and a syringe hole in the tube. The keys being planted was blatant. SA probably had something to do with it, but they went out of their way to make sure he was going down.

Jive Turkey

Karen
If you take anything away from watching this series, it's that you should do everything in your power to avoid a public defender.

I know SA was dumber than a box of rocks, but I can't see how that SUV didn't wind up in the car crusher. I mean, c'mon now. Covering it up with sticks and a car hood?

And the blood in evidence being opened and a syringe hole in the tube. The keys being planted was blatant. SA probably had something to do with it, but they went out of their way to make sure he was going down.
Seems to me like he might've ditched the car somewhere, then Detective Pederast found it and had it moved to the scrap yard. The sticks and twigs placed on it looked like the worst hiding job in inbred history.
The girl's blood in the back of the truck seemed out of place at first, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think he might've used it to transport her body from the garage to the fire pit to avoid being seen. The types of blood patterns from the girl seemed legit

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I honestly do not believe he had anything to do with it. At all.

You immaculately clean every single piece of evidence left anywhere (keep in mind, she was shot 22 times) yet forget about your car crusher and don't notice you're bleeding in her car. And just decide to not clean the trunk of the car after cleaning every other damn thing?

22 times this woman was shot yet the only DNA of hers present was on a lone bullet found under suspicious circumstances in his garage and her blood in the trunk of her vehicle. Why was it only found in her vehicle? Seems to me the logical answer was the vehicle was used to transport her dead body to the Avery property and then badly hidden in an open spot on the lot.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
How'd you like Brendan's reaction when the cute lawyer was talking to him near the end of the series? He looks exactly like you'd expect some prepubescent teen would react. His deformed incest dick is about to go right through that table. But sure, he definitely looks like someone who stabbed a girl, cut her throat, and fucked her while she was tied down.

Jive Turkey

Karen
I honestly do not believe he had anything to do with it. At all.

You immaculately clean every single piece of evidence left anywhere (keep in mind, she was shot 22 times) yet forget about your car crusher and don't notice you're bleeding in her car. And just decide to not clean the trunk of the car after cleaning every other damn thing?

22 times this woman was shot yet the only DNA of hers present was on a lone bullet found under suspicious circumstances in his garage and her blood in the trunk of her vehicle. Why was it only found in her vehicle? Seems to me the logical answer was the vehicle was used to transport her dead body to the Avery property and then badly hidden in an open spot on the lot.
Or they were wrong about her being killed in the garage. It's not like Avery can just say "no, that's not where I killed her". They're saying it was the garage because that's where they planted the bullet. But that doesn't mean he didn't kill her in the first place. You can't ditch a crushed car, so it would make sense not to use the crusher if you were planning on ditching it in the woods somewhere (likely where the cops originally found it). Crushing a car doesn't make it disappear from your property

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
A crushed car is a whole lot harder to notice being taken off a salvage yard's property than the killer driving it away. Ditching crushed cars is literally the business of a lot of scrapyards.

There was also allegedly an incinerator on the property and he instead decided to burn her in a bonfire he invited his nephew too, as well as burn her in a burn barrel, as well as a burn location near the pit or whatever they called it. This also goes along with Avery killing her in the garage for his trial, but them killing her in the trailer for the Nephew's trial. The prosecution wasn't even able to put together a coherent timeline, much less a plausible story for how it could have happened.

So much moving of the body, leaving evidence laying around, and not using the few tools familiar to the killer. Why kill her, burn her, crush and ship out the car... when you can kill her in the bedroom, then kill her again in the garage, clean the entire trailer and garage of all traces of her but accidentally leave a bullet uncleaned, and then burn her body, move her burned remains to another location to burn it more, ignore the incinerator, then move some of it to a third location. And of course after killing her in both the garage and the bedroom, haul her bloody body around in the back of her own car up and down the 30 foot driveway a few times then simply park it in the back of the property instead of crushing it and calling some place to pick it up as scrap. And naturally a key wouldn't be fit for an incinerator nor a crusher, nor throwing it somewhere deep into the pit or woods, and instead better just leave it in the trailer with your own dna (but not finger prints!) after expertly cleaning everything else so well, except for cleaning the car you left on your own property, definitely leave that full of the victim and your own blood.

IF Steven Avery did it, he was begging to be caught and would have confessed by now for the attention.

And I thought she was shot with a .22, not shot 22 times.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Or they were wrong about her being killed in the garage. It's not like Avery can just say "no, that's not where I killed her". They're saying it was the garage because that's where they planted the bullet. But that doesn't mean he didn't kill her in the first place. You can't ditch a crushed car, so it would make sense not to use the crusher if you were planning on ditching it in the woods somewhere (likely where the cops originally found it). Crushing a car doesn't make it disappear from your property
She was shot 22 times man. How do you hide that much blood/dna evidence if she was killed on his property?

EDIT: I'm fairly sure, but not 100% sure that they said her body was shot 22 times. But yes the weapon was definitely a .22 so maybe I was just so dumbfounded by everything else that had happened that I heard that wrong.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The only other explaination is Steve Avery is a retard Dexter

Cleans every speck of DNA from murder scene and rape house

Just tosses bones out back because fuck it

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Something I either missed or the documentary didn't cover but what was the motive the prosecution presented for killing this lady he has worked with? I mean was it just he's a psycho killer? lol

Jive Turkey

Karen
A crushed car is a whole lot harder to notice being taken off a salvage yard's property than the killer driving it away. Ditching crushed cars is literally the business of a lot of scrapyards.

There was also allegedly an incinerator on the property and he instead decided to burn her in a bonfire he invited his nephew too, as well as burn her in a burn barrel, as well as a burn location near the pit or whatever they called it. This also goes along with Avery killing her in the garage for his trial, but them killing her in the trailer for the Nephew's trial. The prosecution wasn't even able to put together a coherent timeline, much less a plausible story for how it could have happened.

So much moving of the body, leaving evidence laying around, and not using the few tools familiar to the killer. Why kill her, burn her, crush and ship out the car... when you can kill her in the bedroom, then kill her again in the garage, clean the entire trailer and garage of all traces of her but accidentally leave a bullet uncleaned, and then burn her body, move her burned remains to another location to burn it more, ignore the incinerator, then move some of it to a third location. And of course after killing her in both the garage and the bedroom, haul her bloody body around in the back of her own car up and down the 30 foot driveway a few times then simply park it in the back of the property instead of crushing it and calling some place to pick it up as scrap. And naturally a key wouldn't be fit for an incinerator nor a crusher, nor throwing it somewhere deep into the pit or woods, and instead better just leave it in the trailer with your own dna (but not finger prints!) after expertly cleaning everything else so well, except for cleaning the car you left on your own property, definitely leave that full of the victim and your own blood.

IF Steven Avery did it, he was begging to be caught and would have confessed by now for the attention.

And I thought she was shot with a .22, not shot 22 times.
My point was not that the police didn't plant anything. It's just from reading about some of the stuff left out of the doc, it seems like a plausible scenario that Avery did kill her, but not the the way the prosecution alleged because all that was based on planted evidence.

And vehicles are ditched all the time after murders. Driving the car to a secluded area directly after the murder before anyone was looking for it wouldn't be cause for suspicion. Keeping the crushed vehicle on your property, then calling someone to haul it off or then hauling it off after some time has passed would be much more risky

Jive Turkey

Karen
Something I either missed or the documentary didn't cover but what was the motive the prosecution presented for killing this lady he has worked with? I mean was it just he's a psycho killer? lol
Because he raped her and rapists sometimes kill the girls they rape. It's simple as that

Jive Turkey

Karen
She was shot 22 times man. How do you hide that much blood/dna evidence if she was killed on his property?

EDIT: I'm fairly sure, but not 100% sure that they said her body was shot 22 times. But yes the weapon was definitely a .22 so maybe I was just so dumbfounded by everything else that had happened that I heard that wrong.
There was only evidence of 2 bullets in the skull fragments recovered, I believe

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Jive Turkey;1358191 said:
It's just from reading about some of the stuff left out of the doc, it seems like a plausible scenario that Avery did kill her...
What stuff? Haven't personally seen much that is all that damning.

And vehicles are ditched all the time after murders. Driving the car to a secluded area directly after the murder before anyone was looking for it wouldn't be cause for suspicion. Keeping the crushed vehicle on your property, then calling someone to haul it off or then hauling it off after some time has passed would be much more risky
So, instead of driving the car to a secluded area directly after the murder before anyone was looking for it because it wouldn't be cause for suspicion, Avery instead drove it to a portion of his own property and then kept the key in his bedroom. Because that was smarter than crushing the car, loading it into a truck, and hauling it away. Holy shit, man, that Avery guy whose family owns the scrapyard is hauling away crushed cars! He probably killed someone!