Malaysian Airlines 777 Shot Down (?)

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
But if we did it and Putin started making claims about unwarranted aggression... it's kinda hard to say he's 100% wrong. Maybe like 75% wrong? About the aggression part. When irregulars are shooting down jet airliners I do think it warrants some response. I just don't think it warrants a response from the American military.
Putin is going to have a hard time making that claim when they already took Crimea, have had troops massed on the border and have been supplying the rebels with arms and support. Well, to anyone but his own citizens via state controlled media, that is. Which of course is one of the issues with all of this: Putin doesn't really need to sculpt Russia's behavior in order to garner public support as he's already been able to manipulate the media and get that regardless. He's in a different position from most and has wider latitude to support surreptitious actions like sneaking SAMs into Ukraine for the rebels to use.

I also never said 'American' military, as it isn't like Europe has a paucity of militaries to choose from. That said I think we all know that most Euros will drag their feet until America gets impatient and takes the lead, which speaks volumes for euro politics. I mean, there's a number of nations who could move troops into Ukraine much easier the the US, but I just don't see them doing it.

I still think that we would be better served with going back to the root cause of all this (Sevastopol) and putting Russian access back on the table. I don't think Russia's concern over access is invalid, just that their choice of how to handle it was inflammatory. But the longer this goes on the more likely it becomes that Russia keeps Crimea and continues to destabilize Ukraine, unless people are willing to fight over it. And since I think few outside of Ukraine and Russia are willing to fight, we're going to get to see the continued political slapboxing that we've already been seeing. And Putin isn't stupid, he can see how reluctant the various parties are to get their proverbial shoes dirty.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
All I know is the way i see some of the public and a lot of politicians talk war, troops, etc and seeming to want to be constantly in a conflict somewhere, I am glad I decided against joining the military all those years ago and instead went to college.
Yeah you see the warhawks/chickenhawks pipe up everytime this happens. Are any congressmen suggesting we send troops to the Ukraine/Russia border? I hope not...

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah you see the warhawks/chickenhawks pipe up everytime this happens. Are any congressmen suggesting we send troops to the Ukraine/Russia border? I hope not...
I don't even think McCain is, though he is suggesting that we are being 'cowardly' and that we need to give Ukraine a shitload of weapons. McCain's answer for everything: give them guns!! He is like the Santa Claus of modern military weaponry.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Netherlands opens war crimes investigation into MH17 disaster

Dutch prosecutors have launched an investigation into the crash of MH17 on suspicion of murder, war crimes and intentionally downing an airliner, a spokesman said. A Dutch public prosecutor is in Ukraine as part of the investigation, according to a spokesman quoted by Reuters.

Based on the international criminal law, the Netherlands can prosecute any individual who committed a war crime against a Dutch citizen. Some 193 Dutch citizens were among the 298 people who were killed when the plane was downed on Thursday.
MH17: UN to vote on international access to crash site - live updates | World news | theguardian.com

While this may seem as wishful thinking on the part of the Dutch, they have a track record in being incredibly tenacious in these matters. They single-handedly blocked Serbian access to the EU for many years because they failed to hand over Radovan Karad?ic to the International Criminal Tribunal. What it means is whoever is judged to be responsible by the Dutch will be blocked at every turn from getting anything out of the EU (because of the need for unanimous votes), until someone is put on trial for what has happened, even if it take 15 years or more (which is about how long it took the Serbs to wise up).

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Maybe the dutch can open a war crimes investigation into that whole iraq war thing. Oh whats that? They participated in it?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe the dutch can open a war crimes investigation into that whole iraq war thing. Oh whats that? They participated in it?
You might sort of see why they have a vested interested in this plane thing with 150 of their citizens going down in flames and all.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
And also in the Srebrenica mess(acre), although they were quite absent when it went down.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And also in the Srebrenica mess(acre), although they were quite absent when it went down.
Actually Den Haag held the Dutch liable last week for failing to protect the people that were murdered at Srebrenica. Dutch soldiers were at that point guarding the security zone at Srebrenica, and the Serbian army took those soldiers captive (they were just lightly armed and could not resist against a modern military with tanks). When the Dutch Air Force started with air strikes, Karadzic threatened to execute all UNPROFOR hostages if the air strikes continue. They stopped, of course.

Then the Serbian army murdered more than 8000 people under the eyes of Dutch troops. That should explain why they were so relentless with Mladic and Karadzic.

What about the Iraq war is still being covered up or swept under the rug? Is literally everyone in the world not aware of every last scandal that happened there by now?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Brosar is just slinging shit because he loves the taste of Putin's cock rammed down the throats of the Russian people.