Malazan Book Of The Fallen

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
Almost done with my Dune Frank books reread and might have to come back and reread this. i've read most of them twice, but the last 2-3 only once and it's been awhile so it might be time.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
All main authors are between books and I couldn't figure out what to read so I decided to try this out since it gets so much praise, Here we go.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
All main authors are between books and I couldn't figure out what to read so I decided to try this out since it gets so much praise, Here we go.
It's quite a ride.

Started the reread. Moderate pace, about a book a week or so. Coltaine for prez.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I’ve read through this series twice, and there’s lots of badass moments. The biggest issue with it is that they are not tidy books. The characters and their interactions are great, but when he spends page after page describing a scene and all that is going on, I find that to be his least interesting content.

I like everything coltaine does, but some of the long chapters about his battles from the viewpoint of the historian are not exciting, to exemplify what I mean.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got to book 3 last week, maybe half way now and while I Iiked the first 2, kalam is awesome and Icarium is probably the most interesting character so far, this is really where the books hit their stride, I have not been bored or taken a break for podcasts at all this book.

• 1Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I’ve read through this series twice, and there’s lots of badass moments. The biggest issue with it is that they are not tidy books. The characters and their interactions are great, but when he spends page after page describing a scene and all that is going on, I find that to be his least interesting content.

I like everything coltaine does, but some of the long chapters about his battles from the viewpoint of the historian are not exciting, to exemplify what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean. Taken as a whole the Chain of Dogs story is amazing but man Duiker's chapters seriously dragged for me.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The first book of the Toblakai series came out, anyone read it?

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’ve got a few books on backlog now that I’m reading more again. Hell, haven’t even finished Kharkanas 2nd book. Maybe this one will breathe some life in to the world again.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
wtf the uk gets it four months early? lol
It’s on Amazon right now, is it not supposed to be out yet?

The board is blowing up links to Amazon for some reason, but just search for The God Is Not Willing

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It’s on Amazon right now, is it not supposed to be out yet?

The board is blowing up links to Amazon for some reason, but just search for The God Is Not Willing

ya the new copies are pre order nov 9th, then there are used copies from the uk you can buy for like 40 bucks. Check out the release dates on malazan wiki - jul 9th for uk and nov 14th for us.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
ya the new copies are pre order nov 9th, then there are used copies from the uk you can buy for like 40 bucks. Check out the release dates on malazan wiki - jul 9th for uk and nov 14th for us.
I used to import the UK books for the main series for this reason. He's a Canadian but UK get's them 1st.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I read all the books a good while ago. I recently began to listen to the audiobooks and I'm finding things much less confusing the second time around. I'd forgotten much, but just a little bit of knowledge has helps immensely.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The first book is the absolute worst for that feeling. Upon a reread, it's a substantially better novel, but the first time through is just "wtf is that? Why is that happening? Why do we care who this person is?"
After you come back to it from finishing the series, it's a bunch of "oh shit, that's why. Oh, cool."

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
'The God is Not Willing' is soooo fucking good. I hate that it's 'only' 5-600 odd pages. SE is back to his old writing style and I don't want it to end.

• 1Solidarity

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Book 4 is pretty great, but fuck do I hate when they change readers for audio books, took forever to get used to it and figure out who was who with their new accents. Still bugs me when the new guy says names different than the first guy.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
A book a week?

How? I can do one a week reading 8 to 10 hours a day
'God is not willing' was so good I did a re-read of the series. No way I'll do a book a week though, I only get an hour a day at best to read. Real life sucks the big one.

• 1Like