Man of Steel

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Looks to me like the script writers were heavily influenced by themes that Smallville did to death. Hopefully they leave out all the emo over "lying to people to protect them sucks omg whaaa" that took up roughly 88.2% of the show. Mostly centered around boning Lana.

I doubt Zod will be anywhere near as interesting as he was in Smallville, though. An ego-maniacal, self-sacrificing General worshiped by his troops - not some brainless thug who is there for Superman to have a punching contest with. Given how much time is spent on the origin story from the trailer though I'm guessing Zod is just going to be Evil Villain From Space that shows up in the end for a big fight to validate Superman's hero status like whatever those aliens in Avengers were. But hopefully they won't kill him off and he'll be the recurring villian instead of the holy-fucking-done-to-death Lex shit.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've always liked Superman for the same reason I like the Hulk: he can kick major ass when he wants to.

I guess that's why I've never really liked all the angst and backstory stuff they try to do with him. I just want to see a god-like being beat the crap out of another, evil god-like being.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've always liked Superman for the same reason I like the Hulk: he can kick major ass when he wants to.

I guess that's why I've never really liked all the angst and backstory stuff they try to do with him. I just want to see a god-like being beat the crap out of another, evil god-like being.
Seriously, just go watch JLA/JLU.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Seriously, just go watch JLA/JLU.
I have, and it is glorious! I'd love to see that sort of thing done in a big budget, live action film. Literally just lift the story and scenes from some of their amazing animated films and do it all as a real movie. They'd be massive hits.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the explanation, Vvoid. It definitely helps Superman make a little more "sense".

Renault

N00b
In addition to the Superman variants already mentioned I'd throw in the original 18 issue run of Supreme Power. From what I saw the follow up stuff pretty much sucked though.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Vvoid nailed it, but my answer would be 'because he's inspirational on a different level than other popular heros'
Yeah, little reason for me to follow up since Vvoid said pretty much what I planned to write. Superman is at his most interesting when all the comic book junk (a rainbow of kryptonite effects etc.) gets peeled away. He's the ultimate big brother in the non-Orwellian sense. That guy who's looking out for you, and will be there to help you up. He'll fight the battles you can't fight yourself, but he's leaving the rest to you. He's a mentor for all humanity, because the alternative is that he enslaves or kills us all.

He's the best of us, even though he isn't one of us.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
He's the best of us, even though he isn't one of us.
Sounds like the protagonist from Armour by John Steakley. It would be something to capture Felix's inner struggle with reference to Kal-El and his struggles in being this "ultimate being" while still maintaining self.

Fedor

<Banned>
3gXW3L3h.jpg

lbuO9eih.jpg

RK4IiMvh.jpg

gnAhpDlh.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The metallic speed lines makes it look a little too alien, but mayeb it looks better in the movie.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah i think it depends on if Momma Kent makes his suit or if its some sort adaptive kryptonian clothing. If its something "sewn" together I would agree that it looks off, and probably not like anything anyone would create. Unless they really are tieing in the DC props and batman gives him a broniform.

Surly_sl

shitlord
It's disappointing how they have a ridiculous amount of lore and over the top situations to exploit and yet they always go the boring route with superman.

Then again... that's just what they do with DC movies in general (sans batman of course)

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
At this point, we don't know if it's going to be a rote origin story. The trailer certainly doesn't dispel the fear, but when riffing off someone else's vibe, Snyder's money in the bank.

I dare say, I trust him to make the movie Gotham deserves.

Inire_sl

shitlord
In addition to the Superman variants already mentioned I'd throw in the original 18 issue run of Supreme Power. From what I saw the follow up stuff pretty much sucked though.
Yeah, it did. Squadron Supreme was tolerable, but everything after that was fucking awful.

Mr Majestic was always my favourite Superman-clone.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/scoo...l-kinds-of-ass

A scooper (whom we know and trust 100%) has sent us reactions to early screenings of the film happening at WB, addressing many of the common concerns that we've all had from the beginning. Here's his bullet points from the screening(s):

- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
- It's the best movie of the year.
- There's TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
- The cape is CG'd most of the time so it can look awesome.
- They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
- It's not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
- The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place
"Best movie of the year" bullet reeks of fanboism and makes it hard to take the review seriously.