Man of Steel

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You are kidding, right? Tony Stark and the Black Panther have been running roughshod over the Marvel Universe since 2000. It's just as bad as Batman. Don't forget, in World War Hulk, when the Hulk got to the point he could fart and blow up the eastern seaboard, Tony whipped up a device to depower him. And Black Panther one shots Heralds of Galactus.

In comics, super preparedness > then all other super powers (whether Marvel or DC). All you need is a super genius + unlimited financial resources + incredible determination and you too can defeat gods.
Well, I do have to admit that most of my comic reading has been limited to pre-2000, and what I have been reading never focused on Iron Man or Black Panther. So I'll grant you that Marvel might have shit the bed too. I remember mention of the Black Panther/herald stuff in one of these threads, and it made me want to nerd rage too. It just gets less press than Batman/Darkseid type stuff. But ok, that shit you listed is terrible too, I agree.

We need to write a Rerolled Universe. Except that every character would end up being a tranny, so maybe that's a bad idea.

fucker_sl

shitlord
You are kidding, right? Tony Stark and the Black Panther have been running roughshod over the Marvel Universe since 2000. It's just as bad as Batman. Don't forget, in World War Hulk, when the Hulk got to the point he could fart and blow up the eastern seaboard, Tony whipped up a device to depower him. And Black Panther one shots Heralds of Galactus.

In comics, super preparedness > then all other super powers (whether Marvel or DC). All you need is a super genius + unlimited financial resources + incredible determination and you too can defeat gods.
and that's exactly what is wrong with these characters and the whole super-preparation thing.

It. Sucks.

it's the most lame and cheap way to go around enstablished powers and characters trait, not caring about anything else. It's used when authors want to show/say something but can't find a good way to do it. So instead to admit they cant solve the problem in a reasonable way, they force this deus ex machina to resolve the issue

If you are going to make a hypothesis, you might spell it correctly you fucker.
jawohl mein f?hrer!

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
(Seen the movie on 1080p with decent DTS True Audio home cinema)

It was a ear/eye fuckfest blowing experience. Truly. The movie itself wasn't bad (it's comics anyway) and the spectacle scenes were awesome IMO, these pristine crushing sounds when the german accent villain girl obliterated people were genuinely joyful. And the "final" scene was a ear orgy. So, disregarding technology, is MoS a good movie ? In my opinion it's actually good, even with the "STOP INVINCIBLE SON" tornado Costner scene or the Superman gimmicks, which is kinda boring. I'd like to watch a Superman-like movie where the main character isn't a rightful hero. Mos2 maybe ?

Caliane

Dubstep gun, Avatarland, too many subplots, penis prison. Honor both dads by using powers AND letting people die. yeap. nailed it.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Just rented this last night.

Pure cheese. I feel bad for hating it so much because the actor that played Zod was incredibly awesome. But not event that could redeem the lame ass script. Brb constant flashbacks. Oh and Louis always showing up after every fight to give superman a little pep talk. Ultra gay.

10/10 would recommend

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
My coworker told me to imagine Superman as a Primarch and the movie gets a whole lot better (I really liked it in the first place). If you cut off the beginning and start from where the space crib crash lands on Earth, you can easily imagine Superman as Sanguinius.

Which would probably make Zod Kurse or Angron.

Anyway, if Superman is a Primarch, then who is the Emperor?

horus_and_sanguinius_by_lutherniel-d5l3ex4.jpg

1356648774076.jpg

Sanguinius,_Bane_of_Demons.jpg

For the heretics:Primarch - Warhammer 40K Wiki - Space Marines, Chaos, planets, and more