[Manga] Naruto (warning: spoilers up to current chapter)

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Wouldn't it be more realistic if a bad guy just used 100% right from square 1 to almost embarrassingly destroy the would be heroes right away, rather than dick around with them for a while?
And it would simplify every series which requires the hero to go through some emotional turmoil before he/she can power up... Don't allow them to unlock those repressed memories/powers = bad guys win every time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
poor naruto, he has to master sage mode and nature chakra of which from his generation only his master jiraya barely mastered it, orochimaru barely learned it and wtf science'd it into the cursed seal, and kabuto learned it, cuz well he's a super genius. The only other guy we know is dead hashirama and he's like nearly a super god.

then he has to learn how to control the demonfox in his belly, which seems like only 8tails and 2tails can do, then he has to fight so hard and so much that the most evil biju decides he wants to work with naruto. only then could he be in biju mode and sage mode, he's basically almost got the power of hashirama, currently his power level should put at least 2 kage's to shame, he's fricking powering up a bunch of weakass ninjas too.

then saskae just goes, oh, i have these eyes, gogo susanoo, oh i've used this cursed seal for a while, gogo juugo, and bam he's on equal footing with naruto again.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That's pretty much been how it's worked from the beginning. Naruto busts ass and Sasuke just says, "lol fag" /eyehax

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wouldn't it be more realistic if a bad guy just used 100% right from square 1 to almost embarrassingly destroy the would be heroes right away, rather than dick around with them for a while?
You do not understand Japanse culture. It's all about the power up.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well even though the both of them said they'd finish it with the next attack, Obito's line about needing to turn into his attack mode tells me, "this isn't even his final form." :p

And is Kakashi still stuck on the inside of Obito's realm?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Kakashi was sewing up his wound and he'll probably get out in a chapter or two once he rests a bit.

The Susano'o Fox is gonna look pretty sick.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
poor naruto, he has to master sage mode and nature chakra of which from his generation only his master jiraya barely mastered it, orochimaru barely learned it and wtf science'd it into the cursed seal, and kabuto learned it, cuz well he's a super genius. The only other guy we know is dead hashirama and he's like nearly a super god.

then he has to learn how to control the demonfox in his belly, which seems like only 8tails and 2tails can do, then he has to fight so hard and so much that the most evil biju decides he wants to work with naruto. only then could he be in biju mode and sage mode, he's basically almost got the power of hashirama, currently his power level should put at least 2 kage's to shame, he's fricking powering up a bunch of weakass ninjas too.

then saskae just goes, oh, i have these eyes, gogo susanoo, oh i've used this cursed seal for a while, gogo juugo, and bam he's on equal footing with naruto again.
It's the classic hard work vs genius theme of the manga. Though to be fair it's implied that Sasuke is training as hard as naruto.

I'm just wondering when Rock Lee is going to get some love!

And it'd be very unrealistic if the protagonist and antagonist of a shonnen manga met up and instantly went full power. I think Ichigo did something like that against Aizen and it was awful.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's the classic hard work vs genius theme of the manga. Though to be fair it's implied that Sasuke is training as hard as naruto.

I'm just wondering when Rock Lee is going to get some love!

And it'd be very unrealistic if the protagonist and antagonist of a shonnen manga met up and instantly went full power. I think Ichigo did something like that against Aizen and it was awful.
You just came up with the best ending. Rock Lee opens all 8 gates. Win's the war, bust a nut on Sakura, then dies... Time skip to see little Gohan Lee son looking up at the giant face of his dad on the Leaf Hokage mountain. Naruto and Sasuke becomes leafs first same sex couple the end.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
now that you mention rock lee, i'm actually remembering when i liked the naruto teams, team guy/team shikamaru/team hinata(what team she's on). wow they really dropped the ball on that, the last i remember is just neji getting pwn'd.

i mean i don't mind naruto getting powerful and all, but it's like i said b4, he's near harishma levels of power. It's just getting really super saijin 4. i mean let's look back at those teams

neiji is pwn'd
hinata is a weaker neiji
kiba has a big dog
insect boy has insects
fat boy get's fat
blond girl does freaky friday
tenten has unlimited weapons
rock lee is a lesser guy
shikamaru is smart

even sakura has hokage level power (no experience and is stupid tho), is considered a medical genius rivaling shizune and can probably equal tsunade.

and it's obvious naruto and sasuke are just mini harishima and madra.

the disparity in power is just so vast, the only one that can even keep up with team 7 is gara and he's doing it while being a kage.

oh and holy shit, i think it's been 1 year, wtf happened to sasuke 2.0? sai is like as dead as neji.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's what happens when you drag out a story 4-5 times longer than originally intended for the dollaroo's, $$. Bleach had the same issue when I stopped reading it, they introduce so many characters there is just no way to give them all face time so they drop from focus, and you can't just put them on equal footing with the main characters because then he isn't special.

There are so many plot holes in the story that it just doesn't pay to worry about it at this point. The other day I watched a few of the older episodes, one of the biggest things that stood out was the Neji vs Naruto fight, Neji talks about how destiny determines everyone's path and role in life, and Naruto is like nope derp I'm not a droppout destiny is shit, at the time in the story Naruto was just another kid who was shit on all his life.. at this point in the story almost everything in Naruto's life is part of a destiny that was set in motion long ago which kind of shits on the whole point that was trying to be made back then.

I guess the point I am getting at is they don't even know what they are going to write week to week so Naruto's class mates don't matter beyond being people who stop disrespecting him and watch as he becomes Hokage... BELIEVE IT... /sigh

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
introduction of sai to keep some of that sasuke gimmick between team 7 was so bad. It would have been much more enjoyable to see the team like they are missing someone. What ever happened to the first's clone, the wood guy who took over after kakashi?

At any rate, when I used to watch naruto up until episode 80 or so, it was really enjoyable. I think it turned pretty much to shit after the timeskip/fillers etc. I mean, the scene when Rock Lee is fighting vs Gaara and he's like SENSEI, can I remove these weights? And Temari is like "Lolololol, that won't do anything, some tiny ankle weights? bitch plz" and then they land on the ground with the biggest BAM and everyone gasps. That was good. Since then we haven't even seen Rock Lee (well, he fought Kimimaro once) and it just feels like they dropped all the side characters and focused 100% on narutard

Timechild

Trakanon Raider
introduction of sai to keep some of that sasuke gimmick between team 7 was so bad. It would have been much more enjoyable to see the team like they are missing someone. What ever happened to the first's clone, the wood guy who took over after kakashi?
Wood Guy got captured by Kabuto and I assume he used his body to power up Madara.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

At any rate, when I used to watch naruto up until episode 80 or so, it was really enjoyable. I think it turned pretty much to shit after the timeskip/fillers etc. I mean, the scene when Rock Lee is fighting vs Gaara and he's like SENSEI, can I remove these weights? And Temari is like "Lolololol, that won't do anything, some tiny ankle weights? bitch plz" and then they land on the ground with the biggest BAM and everyone gasps. That was good. Since then we haven't even seen Rock Lee (well, he fought Kimimaro once) and it just feels like they dropped all the side characters and focused 100% on narutard
Oh shit, I totally forgot about drunken Rock Lee, shit booze that fucker up and let him take on Obito.

Drunk Lee is best Lee

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Oh shit, I totally forgot about drunken Rock Lee, shit booze that fucker up and let him take on Obito.

Drunk Lee is best Lee
After they defeat Madara, Rock is going to get blackout drunk. That is the next story arc, stopping drunken master Rock Lee from destroying the recently saved city.

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Theres been some good moments after time skip: Death of Jiraiya, Pain fight, Death of Asuma. This arc is shit though...

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wouldn't go as far as to say "this arc is shit". It's only really annoying me as much as it is because it's getting dragged out and I'm having to wait a week at a time to know what happens next.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
His death was sad. At least in the Manga, I've never seen it on the Anime.

In other news, HE'LL BE BACK SOON! I can only believe.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Idk, I was always hoping with all this edo-tensei going on he'd have made an appearance at some point in this war, but seeing how late it's getting, I really think that we'll get, at the most, a Force Ghost type appearance if anything at all.