[Manga] Naruto (warning: spoilers up to current chapter)

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
God damn it I knew someone was gonna beat me to the "Stop! Don't come inside me!" line as soon as I saw it.
biggrin.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It don't matter that shit will bloom and only Naruto/Sasuke will be able to break it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I can't believe I'm still reading this. I'm honestly fucking baffled.
It's One Piece for me. I go to sites looking for one piece and see Naruto and Bleach and say "Eh, why not?", get done with them and remember "That's fucking why. JFC."

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been reading this manga for almost a decade at this point. It has gone past the point of honestly caring about the story and now I just want to see how it ends. I mean I -know- how it ends, but I gotta see if I'm right or not with my prediction!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I started reading this manga when I was a freshman in high school and try to keep myself in that context when reading any updates. This isn't an adult story, I don't want to have story elements in it that are ultra serious ala Attack on Titan. Yeah the war arc has been ridiculously dragged out but at least it seems like it's coming to a finish. I will look back on the series with fondness when it's over, unlike Bleach.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why bitch? Pretty much nothing has changed in this Manga. You know what you're getting. If you don't like it, just stop reading it.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why bitch? Pretty much nothing has changed in this Manga. You know what you're getting. If you don't like it, just stop reading it.
I disagree. I don't want to beat on a dead horse, but while Naruto never reached Bleach shit levels, you can tell the author is milking the fan base after the Chuunin exam. There is actuallycharacter and plotdevelopment up until that point. Naruto started to grow as a character, and at one point was able to outsmart the genius Neji. That fight is the absolute highest point in the manga. Everything from there is just a downward spiral. Right after time skip, it's like the author forgot he matured Naruto as a character and became one dimensional for the last 7+ years.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Chuunin Exam was the highest point? What?

I have this gut feeling you're one of THOSE who thinks the FF series went downhill after FFVI too. :p

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The Chuunin Exam was the highest point? What?

I have this gut feeling you're one of THOSE who thinks the FF series went downhill after FFVI too. :p
Why you gotta bring that shit in here man? Why?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I disagree. I don't want to beat on a dead horse, but while Naruto never reached Bleach shit levels, you can tell the author is milking the fan base after the Chuunin exam. There is actuallycharacter and plotdevelopment up until that point. Naruto started to grow as a character, and at one point was able to outsmart the genius Neji. That fight is the absolute highest point in the manga. Everything from there is just a downward spiral. Right after time skip, it's like the author forgot he matured Naruto as a character and became one dimensional for the last 7+ years.
You are laying the blame at the wrong feet. The publisher is almost always to blame for dragging out successful series - the author probably had a pretty good idea of how he would end it but no one is going to be crazy enough to turn down money being thrown at you. It's not even limited to Manga, it happens in the American publishing industry and on TV too.

Don't blame him for that, because anyone would do the same thing. Very few creators have the balls to end it before it gets out of their own control - Dave Chappelle for instance, and people consider him crazy for doing it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So, what, you wanted a manga focusing on a child's ambition to be a village leader to end after his first test and while he was still like 13 years old? Sounds pretty fucking dumb. Naruto post-timeskip has shown exceptional maturity and growth. The death of Jiraiya and Naruto's first encounters with his parents were far more impactful than anything that came earlier in the series.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So, what, you wanted a manga focusing on a child's ambition to be a village leader to end after his first test and while he was still like 13 years old? Sounds pretty fucking dumb. Naruto post-timeskip has shown exceptional maturity and growth. The death of Jiraiya and Naruto's first encounters with his parents were far more impactful than anything that came earlier in the series.
The author admitted several times the series was supposed to end after the return of sasuke from his kidnapping...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Complaining that they stretch out the story before they achieve the destination pointed to in the entire manga is pretty reasonable. Complaining that they stretch out the story and should have just ended it long before the destination pointed to in the entire manga is silly.

If you want the manga to end just stop reading it.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
You are laying the blame at the wrong feet. The publisher is almost always to blame for dragging out successful series - the author probably had a pretty good idea of how he would end it but no one is going to be crazy enough to turn down money being thrown at you. It's not even limited to Manga, it happens in the American publishing industry and on TV too.

Don't blame him for that, because anyone would do the same thing. Very few creators have the balls to end it before it gets out of their own control - Dave Chappelle for instance, and people consider him crazy for doing it.
Pretty much this. Same with Bleach. It was supposed to have ended when Aizen originally revealed himself and ichigo saved Rukia from her execution. But each manga series has an editor assigned to them and the editor has creative input as well such as suggesting plots and story arcs. Bleach became a success so they padded the fuck out of it. Not sure if that is the case with Naruto though. I remember Kishimoto stating in an interview way back when that he had a lot more the story to tell.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Naruto always fairly naturally introduced new bad guys connected to the old bad guys arcs before they were needed, I don't really see where this "planned end point" is supposed to be. Was Gaara the end boss? Was Pain supposed to summon the 10 tails instead of Tobi?

Bleach had a pretty fucking clear "this is the end" after the Aizen battle, with a gigantic pacing fuck up and two sets of new bad guys pulled out of Kubo's ass.

I can appreciate that maybe both have been extended but I don't like the comparison at the moment when one has been extended competently and one hasn't and nearly/(did?) get cancelled.