Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea we probably shouldn't even have a judicial system.

Everything just works out on its own anyway ya know?

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Nah guys you got it wrong, it is "common around here" so it is ok
I didn't say it was ok, I said I'm used to it, so it doesn't tend to phase me. It's like if I lived in an area with a lot of racism my whole life, I don't imagine that people saying racist shit would shock me like it does now. All I was saying was that people in different circumstances, with different life experiences, are going to have a different point of view.

It's so common around here, the town I have lived in for 35 of my 37 years on earth, that I think of it as being normal. I once had a friend from Colorado come down to visit, and he was shocked about trailers (or mobile homes). He had never in his life seen one, he thought they were made up for movies, he didn't know they were a real actual thing. So, me driving him down street after street, block after block, of nothing but trailers blew his mind. We are products of our environments.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Then everyone's an asshole. Ever hear of tragedy of the commons?

It's a shitty system because it's so abused so abuse it and make it shittier, yay!

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yea we probably shouldn't even have a judicial system.

Everything just works out on its own anyway ya know?
That's totally what I said. Or was I advocating wild west style showdowns in the street? Who cares, lets just make huge jumps in logic.

Me- I don't think our education system works very well.
Khane- I'm with you, burn the schools and rape the faculty.

Khane

I think it's more like:

Onoes: "I can't fix our social programs so I may as well contribute to the problem"
Khane: "A man your age shouldn't act like a helpless, naive child. Have a dose of sarcasm"

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Child Support Calculator

I imagine the money he is giving her currently could be considered a "gift" at this point and she might get some heat from the IRS if it was not reported on taxes over a certain amount per year or whatever.

Everything could work out fine in the end (as long as you get insurance on dem kids!) but with this lawyer friend playing Wyrmtongue by her ear I'd advise caution.
There's no gift tax on the person receiving gifts. She wouldn't have to report it.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
There's no gift tax on the person receiving gifts. She wouldn't have to report it.
Yeah I got that reversed, instead the gifter is subject to tax if over a certain amount is given in a single year. I think it was $14000 per person for 2015 and 2016.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
22 grand for family insurance... I'm assuming your employer doesn't pay anything then? I thought mine was bad at 14 grand (luckily, in my situation, the wife works somewhere that pays more than half so it's much less with hers).

Khane

Did you go through the ACA website to get insurance Onoes because there is no way on your salary it should be costing $22k a year. Not even close.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This fucking guy. Everything he has written should piss anyone who pays a dime in taxes pissed the fuck off.
Dude this is so common around the nation its sickening. People know how to play the system. My wife worked for a dentist that took in medicaid peeps. Well he hired a fresh out of school dentist to do it. anyways, the shit she saw there is unbelievable. Peeps driving up in brand new Escalades sporting brand new iphone 6 and yet had the government pay to have their, and their shitty offspring (many of which had black tooth grins at the age of 4-6). And to top it all off they felt entitled as fuck. "What do you mean my insurance does not cover this?" Umm, its not insurance, its government aid. She could not take it anymore and quit.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Lol at middle class people being surprised everyone living around the poverty line tries to make their life slightly easier by abusing an easily exploited system. It's MMOnomics bro, exploit early, exploit often.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dude this is so common around the nation its sickening. People know how to play the system. My wife worked for a dentist that took in medicaid peeps. Well he hired a fresh out of school dentist to do it. anyways, the shit she saw there is unbelievable. Peeps driving up in brand new Escalades sporting brand new iphone 6 and yet had the government pay to have their, and their shitty offspring (many of which had black tooth grins at the age of 4-6). And to top it all off they felt entitled as fuck. "What do you mean my insurance does not cover this?" Umm, its not insurance, its government aid. She could not take it anymore and quit.
Claims like this are always either wildly exaggerated, or those brand new escalades and iphones are coming from drug money, not legitimate income that was saved by exploiting social programs. It's easy to exploit them in petty ways, it simply isn't possible to exploit them to the tune of a 70k+ SUV.

Khane

The money was definitely coming through illegal, unclaimed ways. And then they did what Onoes and his wife are doing to get government assistance on top of it.