Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If they're separated and she's supporting the kids wouldn't she claim them and show the child support as income and this would be legit? I assume she's not reporting the child support since they're on her divorce buddy system?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
From his story it seems she isn't claiming the child support because if she did she would no longer qualify for her section 8 housing, her food stamps, the subsidized government healthcare, etc.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If his wife needs a new husband we should set her up with Sean. Sounds like a match made in heaven. Does she resemble a waifu in any manner? How does she feel about having a dozen cats?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least stick around long enough to tell us what the lawyer's opinion was, you owe us that much!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Im sure he wont respond anymore but im getting my popcorn ready

I even got 3d glasses this time. The red and blue lens ones

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I feel pretty much the same as you guys about Onoes's "everybody does it" justification, but I don't feel the compulsion to pile on someone who clearly is incapable of understanding my perspective. What do you get out of it? He's not gonna keep coming around to post updates when every time he posts there's a dog pile of ten dudes calling him a piece of shit.

Personally, I enjoy reading stories like his. It's like our own personal Jerry Springer or National Enquirer. It'd be great if you fags wouldn't run these people off.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the problem is he doesn't think he's a piece of shit
I don't think he's a bad person at all. He just mishandles some things and comes up with bad explanations/excuses instead of just owning the problem and fixing it. My impression is he handles most things well. How his wife chooses to handle things is her business, he just needs to make sure it doesn't appear he is helping her do shady shit. Or that he doesn't fall for the "just sign this to help me out" trap and accidentally screw himself. If he's talking to a lawyer, he's on the right path to avoiding those problems.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Sure, maybe he'll speak to a lawyer. But will he actually listen and follow through with what he's told? That's where we all worry.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well one twist is AZ mandates garnishment for all CS, so there's no getting out of it 'voluntarily' so to speak if you are employed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sure, maybe he'll speak to a lawyer. But will he actually listen and follow through with what he's told? That's where we all worry.
I imagine it will go exactly like it went here. He will go back to the lawyer in 2 years and ask for legal advice that could've been avoided if he did what the lawyer said the first time.

Guy owned a jurassic Park truck. Let that sink in for a moment.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well one twist is AZ mandates garnishment for all CS, so there's no getting out of it 'voluntarily' so to speak if you are employed.
No biggie there, quit your job. There's always government money and plenty of trailers to go around!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No biggie there, quit your job. There's always government money and plenty of trailers to go around!
Not as viable in Arizona, because unemployment insurance is one of the lowest in the country. I think it was $260 a week? I'd be curious about length of time on unemployment insurance statistics for Arizona compared to a place like Nevada where it's $400 a week.