Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think he's a bad person at all. He just mishandles some things and comes up with bad explanations/excuses instead of just owning the problem and fixing it. My impression is he handles most things well. How his wife chooses to handle things is her business, he just needs to make sure it doesn't appear he is helping her do shady shit. Or that he doesn't fall for the "just sign this to help me out" trap and accidentally screw himself. If he's talking to a lawyer, he's on the right path to avoiding those problems.
I have a pet peeve with people that just dismiss all logic with a wave of a hand. All I want Onoes to say to us is that, yes, it would be smart for him to protect himself just in case.

But he's not that type of guy. There isn't any worst case for him. He's done everything right and obviously everyone involved with the legal side of things will see the common sense side of it. Also there's no chance his ex ever goes through troubles and fucks him over.

Onoes is a good dude. And he didn't come here for advice he just came to tell us a story. I thank him for that. But I hope he realizes he shouldn't takeanychances when it comes to his kids or finances.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also no one mentioned it but when the hell did he post about marrying someone to save money on car insurance?

I don't remember that, in all of these posts.

I like the guy but his posts are rather infuriating.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Everyone's got that one friend that says "hey man what laptop should I get, i need these features? Also can we keep it under this number?"

So then you research a laptop, making sure it fits their every need, making sure you hit price points, hey maybe you even shop for the best deal on it to save him a little money. Then he says thanks. A day later he comes up to you and says "hey I bought this walmart HP laptop that was only $248, it was such a steal man."

In your head you know that guy will be back again complaining that it is too slow, it's filled with malware/bloatware, it can't game, etc. He'll probably blame you even though you told him not to buy that. Maybe he'll even ask for you to recommend him a new laptop in a year's time.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Everyone's got that one friend that says "hey man what laptop should I get, i need these features? Also can we keep it under this number?"

So then you research a laptop, making sure it fits their every need, making sure you hit price points, hey maybe you even shop for the best deal on it to save him a little money. Then he says thanks. A day later he comes up to you and says "hey I bought this walmart HP laptop that was only $248, it was such a steal man."

In your head you know that guy will be back again complaining that it is too slow, it's filled with malware/bloatware, it can't game, etc. He'll probably blame you even though you told him not to buy that. Maybe he'll even ask for you to recommend him a new laptop in a year's time.
This is really spot on, but it's important to point out that Onoes didn't come here asking for advice. He came here to fill us all in on the latest totally not crazy thing is ex was pulling. It just spawned a lot of totally meaningful and common sense tips from the rest of us that went ignored.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Aside from all the other dumbass stories he's told us about not being able to function as an adult the guy didn't have health insurance for his kids for x amount of time because "it was too expensive".

His wife got them free healthcare after one of her friends told her about access health because she lies about her income to qualify for programs like that.

When lambasted about not doing any research on how to get his own children healthcare he retorted that he had once checked but he "thinks he remembers it was super expensive". I took 3 minutes to show him he was full of shit on the cost of healthcare for an entire family let alone just his two children since he gets it free for himself through work. Then he went off on some rant about how everyone he knows who isn't a giant man child is completely miserable except for him.

He's lazy and incompetent and pretends it's because he just wants to be happy and working hard or having ambition makes everyone miserable.

At least, that's what bugs me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is really spot on, but it's important to point out that Onoes didn't come here asking for advice. He came here to fill us all in on the latest totally not crazy thing is ex was pulling. It just spawned a lot of totally meaningful and common sense tips from the rest of us that went ignored.
Right I get he never asked for advice, but he might as well have because he knew us armchair (and real) lawyers were going to give it

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There is also the blatant fraud. One of the reasons we can't have nice things in this country (and the few things we have are already super expensive) is because people game and subvert the system because it individually benefits them. Collect enough shit bags like that and suddenly any government programs have a massive price tag associated with them so lazy fucks can continue to be lazy fucks.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Any of you who work in public facing jobs or work with people's problems know that most people are just selfish, horrible people who will take advantage of anything to benefit themselves. This is not a surprise at all and it's why social welfare countries don't work unless the demographics/culture are just right.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

This is perfect.

Tenks

Any of you who work in public facing jobs or work with people's problems know that most people are just selfish, horrible people who will take advantage of anything to benefit themselves. This is not a surprise at all and it's why social welfare countries don't work unless the demographics/culture are just right.
I'm not so naive to think that his situation and reactions aren't common but it doesn't make it acceptable

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not so naive to think that his situation and reactions aren't common but it doesn't make it acceptable
Agree 100%; it's just kind of like calling out Johnny for fucking whores in his thread... it's like, what'd you expect. The intent of this thread is to talk about his marriage problems not call his wife and him a POS for gaming the welfare system. It's fine to do so but when 20 people in a row just call him a peice of shit he's just not going to post anymore, which defeats the point.

I mean, maybe it is the point for him not to post anymore since he clearly annoys you guys. In that case, mission probably accomplished
smile.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nothing really brings this community together like an Onoes story.

Tenks

Major differences. J49's thread isn't in this forum it is in Screens. Completely different expectations of the subs. The next is J49 completely and totally owns who he is, recognizes his faults and accepts them. He is never trying to convince people what he is doing is right or acceptable he's just saying what he's doing. Onoes, however, claims that committing fraud is fine because everyone he knows does it. Guess what his make-believe injured vets? Shitbags. People not claiming income to gain benefits? Shitbags. But he seems to have himself deluded into thinking this is what everyone does and it is perfectly fine and acceptable. Government money is free money for all, right? But it isn't. It is what a certain amount of absolute assholes do.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Major differences. J49's thread isn't in this forum it is in Screens. Completely different expectations of the subs. The next is J49 completely and totally owns who he is, recognizes his faults and accepts them. He is never trying to convince people what he is doing is right or acceptable he's just saying what he's doing. Onoes, however, claims that committing fraud is fine because everyone he knows does it. Guess what his make-believe injured vets? Shitbags. People not claiming income to gain benefits? Shitbags. But he seems to have himself deluded into thinking this is what everyone does and it is perfectly fine and acceptable. Government money is free money for all, right? But it isn't. It is what a certain amount of absolute assholes do.
I know, the casual "so we set it up so that she can still claim benefits and I pay her cash under the table, great right?" attitude is very infuriating. :\ I know he's reading the responses and just going "what are you guys, stupid? it's free money, if I don't take it someone else will, you guys are straight up DUMB" and having no idea why what he's doing is wrong.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have a pet peeve with people that just dismiss all logic with a wave of a hand. All I want Onoes to say to us is that, yes, it would be smart for him to protect himself just in case.

But he's not that type of guy. There isn't any worst case for him. He's done everything right and obviously everyone involved with the legal side of things will see the common sense side of it. Also there's no chance his ex ever goes through troubles and fucks him over.

Onoes is a good dude. And he didn't come here for advice he just came to tell us a story. I thank him for that. But I hope he realizes he shouldn't takeanychances when it comes to his kids or finances.
Exactly. I feel if you asked Onoes "Is thereanythingyou would have done differently?" he would say no. The dude learns zero things through life experiences.

Tenks

Onoes reminds me of the guy who sees construction and the left lane obviously merges into the right but the right is backed up so he uses the left up until the second it merges and then expects everyone to let him in. Like we all didn't realize it would be the faster way to fuck over everyone nicely queued up like acceptable human beings. We aren't dumb we just aren't fucks.

And yes this happened to me yesterday and if it isn't obvious I'm still salty