Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have video proof that I do not do that but what I don't have video proof of is a bunch of vaginas with this look on their face while everyone drives up the clear lane:

rrr_img_136505.jpg

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
As for people bringing up how my ex wife handled the stripper car thing, yeah, she did. She did it by doing the dumbest possible thing, putting her life in danger, over a few thousand dollars. I guarantee if I told you I was going to drive up to Vegas with another $1000 in cash, and meet these criminals in a parking lot, and just get it taken care of, you would have all been screaming "YOU ARE GOING TO GET MURDERED" and I think you would have been right. She didn't man up and do the responsible intelligent thing, she got lucky they didn't murder her and just take the money. I don't think if I had been the one to show up we would have had the same result.
You misunderstood me. I am saying your ex is every bit the white trash that the stripper was, and that's why she was able to take care of the stripper. Internally, she was probably thinking, "This is MY mark, bitch betta get up offa my meal ticket".

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have a rough guess of when the stripper story was shared? Or was it its own thread?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Even if the law is mostly on your side, any lawyer will tell you that you never want to go to court and roll the dice on a dumbshit jury or biased judge fucking you.
So, I just got back from the Lawyers office, and its probably going to infuriate you, but he was basically of the "If its working you DO NOT want to go to court, never go to court if you don't have to, you never know whats going to happen." opinion.
Yeah, I'm infuriated that a lawyer gave you the EXACT SAME FUCKING ADVICE I gave you a few pages back, verbatim.

So the lawyer knew a way to help CYA on the retarded under the table child support? Interesting. So it was really good advice to see a lawyer and learn how to properly cover yourself when you go outside the system, then?

Mmmmmmmmmkay.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone have a rough guess of when the stripper story was shared? Or was it its own thread?
It was it's own thread titled "I'm a fucking idiot, what do I do now. He said to his wife". Or something like that

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
No, it all makes pretty good sense I guess, but don't you feel at least a little better having gotten a professional opinion? That's good news on the affidavits...but there's a chance she could take it the wrong way when you broach the subject with her too. I've never heard of that but every state is different so maybe it would work there. If she's willing to sign it though, I guess its good that you have kept up with what the calculator says too, and she'll also probably keep making you do that and keep asking for your W-2's.
Yeah, I feel way better for sure. The big thing was that she could possibly someday screw me with child support, this will make it so that can't happen, so yeah, definitely a much better piece of mind.

As far as her taking it the wrong way, I'm just going to be straight up and say "When you asked me about signing the thing for food assistance I didn't feel comfortable with what the long term implications of that would be, and so I went ahead and talked to a lawyer. Here's what he said..." and then just tell her how she could get in trouble for taking the food assistance, and that we need to start doing these affidavits or go back to court and get the child support in writing. I'm summing it up, but I'm not super worried about the conversation, I think I'll be able to handle it. I talk a lot. :p

On the W2 thing, he was like "Just show her your W2 even if you aren't ordered too. It's not uncommon, and if you guys are on good terms, then just cooperate, otherwise you end up in court. Exchange information, if you don't do it on good terms, the court will order you to anyway." so, I guess I shouldn't have been bothered about that.

Lastly, as far as altering child support every year, I think I'm just going to tell her that we will only do it when the difference is over 15% as per state guidelines. So, pretty much every 2 years if I stay at my job. Not a huge thing, but meh?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As far as her taking it the wrong way, I'm just going to be straight up and say "When you asked me about signing the thing for food assistance I didn't feel comfortable with what the long term implications of that would be, and so I went ahead and talked to a lawyer. Here's what he said..." and then just tell her how she could get in trouble for taking them, and that we need to start doing these affidavits or go back to court and get the child support in writing.
Everything else sounds fairly reasonable, but ugh, I'd be concerned about this part. She might just decide that going in court is in her best interests, which has been the problem all along so in a way its nothing new. I guess you would hope that if you did end up in court then the stuff you've been paying will count, or at the very least you aren't going ten more years off the books no matter what happens. I guess its in her best interests for the government assistance stuff to stay out of court too, but she's running into situations where she needs you to put your ass on the line with her so it might end up where she's in a fuck it mode and would rather roll the dice. Too many maybes, but that's where it is I suppose.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Then its popcorn time!
Yeah, more or less. It hinges on whether or not she flips out when the chat happens and it starts with "I went to a lawyer and now you need to sign these legal docs..."

Again, all the red flags are there (every Onoes story ever). Ex wife is not doing so well $$ wise, sees him making a lot more than her, thinks she deserves more, has a friend in her ear telling her she deserves more, probably knows she can pull the trigger and fuck him on child support (and will definitely know after the chat), has another woman living with her kids that is obviously making her mad/jealous.

But it's an Onoes story, so he'll bumblefuck his way into a ridiculous situation, then end up unscathed like Mr Magoo.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I hate to tell you, but if everyone in the the soon-to-be-closed lane would stay there to the last possible moment traffic would move through the construction faster than if everyone moved over as soon as they saw the closure signs.

Zipper merge: Dont be afraid to stay in the clear open lane until last minute

The beauty of zipper merging, or why you should drive ruder | Ars Technica
From experience thats what happens, just not necessarily 1 foot before the cones/barrier/signs. People are merging just fine them a dickhead or two says fuck it and drives passed the natural merge point and fucks everyone over trying to merge at 5mph when traffic is flowing 20mph.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
From his story it seems she isn't claiming the child support because if she did she would no longer qualify for her section 8 housing, her food stamps, the subsidized government healthcare, etc.
I didn't read any of his shenanigans and don't really have any comments except to say child support is not income and should not be claimed on taxes as such.