Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Im about to post a status update about my new job in 2 weeks and I am really hoping I don't trigger an unemployed schlub

I got a mean comment when I changed my employer a few years ago, from a fellow law student who was jobless. I didn't make a post or do anything except change my employer.

Sure I defriended her instantly, but still. That does happen. She could have just kept eating (something she was clearly accustomed to) and applied to the district attorneys office like every other useless bitch from law school.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So my wife and I have been trying to have kids for 8 years, I have no problems she has no problems together for some reason it just does not work, Spent six figures plus on this…pretty much done spending any more money on unless someone can give us a plan beyond, “hey we can try this for $25k”

My point is this .

Damn all the fucking “normies” for flaunting their baby in our face and making my wife.

Thank you for those who show facebook restraint!
Some of this doesn't add up, I'm guessing because it is very personal. But I'm in a similar situation so I feel your pain. It was dark times for awhile. A trip to mexico actually made things a lot better. Made us realize we'll be able to do things like travel the world, something we would not be able to do if we had kids.

trex

Queen Bee
We have a friend who is almost 30, usually single and dating a guy now that's obviously gay. She's desperate to get married, wants to stay home and have a bunch of kids. We basically wanted the same thing, now that I have it she hardly speaks to me no matter how often I reach out to her. Never likes any of my insta/FB pics.

Same with my stepsister in law...my stepbrothers wife. She had a ton of miscarriages and is unable to have kids. There are 8 of us in the sibling pool and everyone is having kids. She likes none of the FB pics.

I get jelly when I see people going out at night-- can't do that anymore, taking pics of the delicious meals they cook-- my food is always gross. You can't please everyone. Oh! Or people that do their hair and makeup everyday. I probably do that twice a week. If that. I feel like a slob kabob.

I'm actually really sick of Facebook. It's all garbage content these days.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
My wife and I have friends that had been trying for a few years before us. This scared her into thinking it was never going to happen for us and we started a year earlier than planned. 2 months later she is pregnant and I'm not finished with school yet. We ended up having 2 children before they had their first. It took a month of them living in a hotel room to make it work.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I did not say it was a rational idea, but it is what it is.

I have given up trying to explain that people who want to show us their new baby are not trying to flaunt it they are just pound normal parents who want to share, I feel obligated to receive them and have invited people over under protest by her because I feel its the right thing to do.

If we had a baby you know damn well we would want to show it off, especially after all we have gone through, we don't keep it a secret anymore, but the first 3 years it was hush hush. Once we became more open about it, it was very surprising who else had dealt with this issue.

Eomer: I am in the Okanagan, 12 years out of Calgary now (thank god) too bad you don't have that hot young girlfriend anymore or we could entertain some swinging.

Big P: can I borrow $50k?
Adoption is so messed up in Canada...if you go via the government.
It is legislated that all adoptions must be open in my province. Thus we would have the birth mother (family) in our lives without choice. I am not keen on that.

We are going to terms with the reality that it might just be us. We have started to flaunt the childless freedom to each other (never to our friends for same reasons stated earlier) "hey do you want to go to the movies tonight, the show you wanted to see starts in 20 min." I don't know if we can get a sitter" we both look at the cat "You're in charge" and off we go..

Izo

Tranny Chaser
We have a friend who is almost 30, usually single and dating a guy now that's obviously gay. We basically wanted the same thing, now that I have it she hardly speaks to me no matter how often I reach out to her.
Okay then.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a cousin that pulled that crap too trex trex . She couldn't get pregnant, possibly due to her morbid obesity or perhaps her husband that looks like he has downs. They tried to adopt but were denied because of what they said (no idea) .

She ignores my siblings and I now because we said we were "better than them" . We didn't...

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Yep, I follow. I guess it's a little like people giving money only to disease charities they have a personal or family attachment to - poor metaphor maybe, I guess I just mean I'm more sensitive due to personal experience, I'm aware I can't extend the logic to everything. That said, none of the stuff you listed is in the same category as infertility for the difficulty of it (for the women more than the men).

I had paraplegic in there...

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
She's desperate to get married, wants to stay home and have a bunch of kids

A woman who's only ambition in life is to be a mother. I'm shocked she's not happy.

• 1Like

trex

Queen Bee
I know it's hard. I just wish they could at least be happy for their siblings or embrace the aunt and uncle life. I can understand letting go of friendships because you don't have anything in common anymore, etc. But family...it hurts.

Good job embracing your childless life Nester Nester . Seriously. Parenting is fucking hard and you're a prisoner to them. (I dont know if that's PC to say, sorry if it's not.) There are days where I get really down about having kids so early. I missed out on that "20s life" because I had such intense baby fever and wanted a lot of kids so felt I "had to" start early. Now I'm not convinced I want many more after the postpartum emotions. Sorry to hear about your struggles though. I truly can't imagine. Life can toss a lot of shit at you.

• 1Solidarity

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Guys if trex is posting seriously and not shitposting, even if she shitposts everywhere else, just either don't reply to her or reply in a grown up fashion. And fuck you for making me say that about trex.

Thanks

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

trex

Queen Bee
Guys if trex is posting seriously and not shitposting, even if she shitposts everywhere else, just either don't reply to her or reply in a grown up fashion. And fuck you for making me say that about trex.

Thanks

;-*

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Do you post pics of your and your wife together? What if single people get upset?

Do you post pics of yourself on vacation? What if people who had to work that week get upset?

Are you skinny? What if people who can't lose weight get upset?

Are you tall? What if seeing your tall ass on facebook triggers them?

Do you have hair? Have sympathy for bald guys.

Do you have all your limbs? What about paraplegics having limb envy.

At some point. This is my facebook. If it triggers you, fuck off.

This was a pretty grown up post Cad.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
trex trex I think cad totes likes you pras. What would it take for you to drop tyen and be a mistress... in USD?

• 1Like

trex

Queen Bee
trex trex I think cad totes likes you pras. What would it take for you to drop tyen and be a mistress... in USD?

Ou man. That's tough. Unfortunately (for me) the amount of money that would take he could get a better looking woman who hasn't pushed kids out of her vagina and actually goes to the yoga & Pilates classes she pays for.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Good job embracing your childless life Nester Nester . Seriously. Parenting is fucking hard and you're a prisoner to them. (I dont know if that's PC to say, sorry if it's not.) There are days where I get really down about having kids so early. I missed out on that "20s life" because I had such intense baby fever and wanted a lot of kids so felt I "had to" start early. Now I'm not convinced I want many more after the postpartum emotions. Sorry to hear about your struggles though. I truly can't imagine. Life can toss a lot of shit at you.

The best part is that my wife has not had her body (or mind) destroyed by children. so I guess we have that...

trex

Queen Bee
The best part is that my wife has not had her body (or mind) destroyed by children. so I guess we have that...

I guess that's a good side of having kids young. My body bounced back both times. Vag and mind not so much.