Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wife of a friend of mine went through that about 5 years ago after their second kid. She even started working out with me, which honestly freaked me the fuck out. I was never interested or anything like that, but it still felt...off. Things like this become cliche for a reason and I'm ALWAYS mindful where women are concerned. Turns out she was trying to get the husband off his ass. He put on as much weight as she did from the last pregnancy and this was her mind fuck way to make him compete with her, or me, in getting trimmed up some.

He runs marathons now, and I got him a hamster wheel for Christmas to symbolize his life. Poor bastard.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
tumblr_inline_mg1828QBNx1qcrtvq.gif

You and Tarrant should hang out and clothesline some bitches together.
Tell me your instinctive first reaction after being clocked in the nuts isn't aggression?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I get plenty of dick at home thx.

edit: But in all seriousness.. Yeah there are sometimes when people go into improvement mode to attract a new mate, but I think a lot of woman do it as well after kids because the effect they have on our bodies is pretty rough on how we view ourselves.
I didn't say you didn't and didn't mean to imply you didn't, sorry. It's just with a lot of women it seems like when they hit that stage when they improve themselves to a certain point they seems to take a look around and start looking for something better. Now I'm sure a variety of other factors play a part in it as well but it seems to be a really common sign of things to come. It happened to me, I know a bunch of others it happened too and I know many on here have stories about it as well.

Not saying a woman looking to get in shape will start looking for other dick to jump on but I am saying it seems to be more common these days.

Edit: I added your edit to when I quoted you, there was like a 10 min gap to when i started and came back to finish the post.
wink.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I assume most women that go to get into shape and find a new dick to ride are not getting much attention at home so they seek it elsewhere. We all have an innate desire to be wanted.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Tell me your instinctive first reaction after being clocked in the nuts isn't aggression?
Mine would probably be confusion too, not sure why all these bros are acting like they'd know what to do instantly. Always takes a second to process random things especially after some drinks.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Obviously y'all who are getting nut punched never grew up with multiple sisters, all of whom go through a phase where they think kicking their brother in the nuts is funny. To this very day when a sister or any female makes a quick move towards me, I instinctively still turn to the side. It's both sad and funny that 30+ years later the trained muscle memory to protect your nuts still kicks in.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Honestly, I think it is the female equivalent to a midlife crisis, only we have it after having kids. You reach a certain point where you look in the mirror and just aren't happy with how life has changed your body so you do something about it. I've never had huge fluctuations in my weight, but after my second kid, when I was about 10 lbs heavier than normal I went hard core working out and eating healthy for quite awhile. Was doing it for no reason other than I wanted to feel good when I looked in the mirror.
Fair enough, but it is also probably what you would do if you were preparing to ditch your husband and get back out on the market.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Fair enough, but it is also probably what you would do if you were preparing to ditch your husband and get back out on the market.
I don't think all that many people start preparing like that to end a relationship before they end it. I'm sure it happens so no need for 10 people to chime in on how it happened to them, but I'd think "generally" it'll be some emotional event and there'll be a split-up afterwards rather than months of devious planning to end it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Women don't typically go into body transformations with some sort of nefarious plot to end her marriage. This is the situation that most often occurs..

Husband meets wife: Let's say that they are both roughly 7s - husband makes slightly more money, has a better apartment, thus giving him the edge needed to hook the wife. Life gets comfortable after a few years, things start to settle down, husband and wife have kids, both gain weight. Husband and wife are now both 5s or so. Wife decides one day that she's "missed out on her youth", hates what pregnancy has done to her body, etc.. Suddenly, wife now sits at a 7 or 8, but, because he got too "comfortable", the husband is still at a 5. The wife, recognizing all of this new attention, begins to question if her 5 husband "deserves" her 8. Unless there are many other factors, such as huge disparities in income(even then, they typically know they are entitled to at least half, so who cares), manipulation, blackmail, etc., the wife will undoubtedly decide to "play the market" again. Especially since feelings of "life passing her by" may have been the primary motivation for her transformation in the first place.

lindz

#DDs
Women don't typically go into body transformations with some sort of nefarious plot to end her marriage. This is the situation that most often occurs..

Husband meets wife: Let's say that they are both roughly 7s - husband makes slightly more money, has a better apartment, thus giving him the edge needed to hook the wife. Life gets comfortable after a few years, things start to settle down, husband and wife have kids, both gain weight. Husband and wife are now both 5s or so. Wife decides one day that she's "missed out on her youth", hates what pregnancy has done to her body, etc.. Suddenly, wife now sits at a 7 or 8, but, because he got too "comfortable", the husband is still at a 5. The wife, recognizing all of this new attention, begins to question if her 5 husband "deserves" her 8. Unless there are many other factors, such as huge disparities in income(even then, they typically know they are entitled to at least half, so who cares), manipulation, blackmail, etc., the wife will undoubtedly decide to "play the market" again. Especially since feelings of "life passing her by" may have been the primary motivation for her transformation in the first place.
Hi everyone I hate women and think they are all cheating scumbags. Everything women do is malicous and evil and they are always out to screw me in every way they possibly can.

Dude it is getting old. I don't typically let people that post on forums get to me but my god is your misogynistic bullshit getting old. Every other person here has negative stories and views on the other sex at some point which I totally get and am sympathetic of but you are a fucking parrot repeating the same crap over and over. We get it, you hate women. Keep the shit to yourself because you are helping nobody.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Husband meets wife: Let's say that they are both roughly 7s - husband makes slightly more money, has a better apartment, thus giving him the edge needed to hook the wife.
Ah, Romance.
redface.png

You shouldn't be too hard on him lindz, he's just a lonely dude who likes to pretend he's married on the internet. Pity and compassion is a better response than anger.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
He's not wrong about something that can happen, his tone is consistently...well misogynistic is really the only word and lindz finally snapped. It happens when you represent such a severe minority on a forum.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Lindz is still attracted to her husband. But if he were to fuck up long enough and lose his attractiveness to her, she'd be doing that exact same thing no matter how hard she denies it now

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The fact is that anyway you cut it, in most cases the man has a lot more to lose/risk entering into a marriage than a woman does, bottom line. Until the point is reached that women pay for the engagement ring, wedding, and house-- or just generally earn more than a man so that SHE has more to lose via divorce than he does, a man's view of marriage, particularly post divorce, will at least somewhat mirror Kiruns. Women all fantasize about marriage, but are also responsible for initiating 75% of divorces. This isn't because 75% of men are cheating scumbags or abusive alcoholics, but because a) the fantasy image women have from marriage is quickly shattered when reality sets in b) they have less to lose and more to gain by divorcing and c) a guy has to actively set out to cheat unless he's Brad Pitt, but any half decent looking married chick is getting flirted with on a constant basis. This isn't misogyny, this is a matter of circumstance. If women generally earned more than men, and were subject to the same factors mentioned above that men do, you'd have women on these boards pouting the same mantra Kirun is. Nevertheless, what Kirun states is well documented for both sexes. It isn't misogyny. It's a well know fact that people (men and women) date/marry within their same social strata and "looks" level. When money, power, or looks rating change-- BOTH sexes eyes tend to wander. If the guy gets a 200K raise and is married to a 5, he'll start looking at the 7-8's. If the women feels "undesired", manages to exercise her way from a 6 to an 8, her eyes will wander. The difference is that the guy doesn't need to feel love and will be content with a stable home and a mistress, while the woman needs to "feel love" in her relationship and hence will initiate divorce. Also, a man IF he wants to get divorced will just do it. A woman either due financial circumstances or insecurity generally needs to have her foot in the door somewhere else before filing papers.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The only problem is that some men can see this problem for what it is. Most other men can't, and women are too incentivized under current family and state law to ever see it so we'll get called misogynists for calling it like unfortunately is.

Relationship game never stops from a man's point of view. Especially once he enters into marriage and has all of his chips in the pot for the woman to take at any time via the state.