Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I agree. Isn't there a higher chance of birth defects with 40+ year old eggs? Or have there been new studies that say something different?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My brother was 41 and his wife was 36 when they had their last one just over a year ago. I can't imagine being almost 60 when my kid graduates.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My brother was 41 and his wife was 36 when they had their last one just over a year ago. I can't imagine being almost 60 when my kid graduates.
My fiance and I are the same ages as them with an almost 4 month old. I'll keep you posted on how the graduation at 60 feels.

Strangely enough, I can't imagine raising a kid in my 20s!

iannis

Musty Nester
One of our couple friends is like 40 and desperately trying. I feel like that's too old
It is too old. Defects skyrocket.

Sorry, but there is am age range. Who is going to take care of the downie when they're sixty five and dead?

Not to be an asshole about it. These are real issues that merit and demand consideration. At 40 "hope for the best" is not a good enough fucking plan.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I know someone who's 40 and on birth control (for other issues) and "trying". Someone finally suggested adoption and she cried.

Wimmin.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My fiance and I are the same ages as them with an almost 4 month old. I'll keep you posted on how the graduation at 60 feels.

Strangely enough, I can't imagine raising a kid in my 20s!

Thats a fair observation as well. I'll be 48 when my youngest graduates, I feel like I'll be glad that I don't have to worry as much about taking care of them when I'm older.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
It is too old. Defects skyrocket.

Sorry, but there is am age range. Who is going to take care of the downie when they're sixty five and dead?

Not to be an asshole about it. These are real issues that merit and demand consideration. At 40 "hope for the best" is not a good enough fucking plan.

Just depends if you're willing to do CVS or other genetic testing early and abort a downie or other genetic abnormality and try again. If you're not, it's definitely a risky proposition.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just depends if you're willing to do CVS or other genetic testing early and abort a downie or other genetic abnormality and try again. If you're not, it's definitely a risky proposition.
I think someone deadset on having kids, especially if it's difficult to conceive, is going to have a real hard time aborting. My wife had a miscarriage after we had just found out she was pregnant and it ruined her for a long time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I think someone deadset on having kids, especially if it's difficult to conceive, is going to have a real hard time aborting. My wife had a miscarriage after we had just found out she was pregnant and it ruined her for a long time.

Well, I can't account for irrational feelings. I'm just talking from a practicality standpoint here.

Ryoz

<Donor>
My wife and I are doing IVF; we're in our early 30s. We've been trying for a few years without any luck. Most of the other people we see at the clinic are prob late 30s/early 40s. You can opt for genetic testing for a few grand more which is pretty much a no brainer when you're already like like 27k in - weed out the downs.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Apparently the counselor called my wife after the session today and told her she didn't know what to do with me