Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Let's get back to you looking at your watch since that's what broke the therapist. Do you think it represents repressed homoerotic urges?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
See? Men are just better at everything. Including being a therapist. Noodle didn't even need 8 years of schooling to do it right the first time.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My watch hand looks like a dick and on the 3rd at 3pm it looks like it's fucking a butt.

• 2Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My watch hand looks like a dick and on the 3rd at 3pm it looks like it's fucking a butt.
Case closed glad we got to the bottom of this

On a serious note I'd be worried about this lady buddying up.with your wife and railroading you. Also if I was ever in therapy and my wife told me she was uncomfortable with our therapist I'd just get a new one.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
That part is what did irritate me. We met when we were, relatively, broke. I was in university living off the GI Bill and went through that growth phase that meant a lot to me. But then it all ended up being about money? People wonder why I don't try to understand women.

Well, some women, anyway. There are women out there that don't care about your lifestyle as they provide their own. My wife actively obstructs me spending money on things at almost all times.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well, some women, anyway. There are women out there that don't care about your lifestyle as they provide their own. My wife actively obstructs me spending money on things at almost all times.

Yeah, she was like this too and we were quite happy with low cost living. Which is still how I live as I am a pretty thrifty person and don't need much to be happy in general. That's never changed for me.

But when more money became available... it all became about money.

Khane

It's always about money. Some people can afford to not give a shit. Others can't afford to not think about it. How much money you need to fall into one category or the other is the only thing that's different for most of us.

• 1Solidarity

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, she was like this too and we were quite happy with low cost living. Which is still how I live as I am a pretty thrifty person and don't need much to be happy in general. That's never changed for me.

But when more money became available... it all became about money.

Yea but thats the thing, we have literally millions of dollars in investments and she still shops at Ross and price matches shit at Wal Mart, it's fucking embarrassing, but also endearing. I don't know what changed with this woman you're referring to, just saying it's not some defect in the female species. It's a defect in that one.

• 2Like

Khane

You guys are making it sound like his ex is some money grubbing bimbo. Sounds to me more like she finally got a wake up call. TJT gave her stability, affection and her independence but she wanted life to be "The Notebook". Well, life isn't the fucking notebook and now she's regretting her decision.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Yea but thats the thing, we have literally millions of dollars in investments and she still shops at Ross and price matches shit at Wal Mart, it's fucking embarrassing, but also endearing. I don't know what changed with this woman you're referring to, just saying it's not some defect in the female species. It's a defect in that one.

On the contrary - it's probably a defect in yours.

On the whole, women are FAR more interested in spending money and the lifestyle it provides. It's rare to find one who isn't.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
On the contrary - it's probably a defect in yours.

On the whole, women are FAR more interested in spending money and the lifestyle it provides. It's rare to find one who isn't.

I'd say people in general are not wise with money or spending decisions and women are no exception. I think its rare to find people who don't live beyond their means in any walk of life. Women usually get shit on for it more since often they aren't spending their own money. Rightly so in that case, I'm not quibbling.

• 2Solidarity

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I'd say people in general are not wise with money or spending decisions and women are no exception. I think its rare to find people who don't live beyond their means in any walk of life. Women usually get shit on for it more since often they aren't spending their own money. Rightly so in that case, I'm not quibbling.

Women control/cause/whatever 70-85% of household spending.

Women just flat out require more money to live - more makeup/skin/hair care products, more clothes, more shoes, more accessories.

They are the ultimate consumer. They fall victim to peer pressure more frequently and need to keep up with trends at a higher rate.

Meanwhile, I'm still wearing jeans I bought 12 years ago.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

687474703a2f2f6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f33643034303038643462303561343231643837376230383532653562306130612f74756d626c725f696e6c696e655f6d696f6b33334132794f31717a347267702e676966

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Well she can enjoy life on the schoolteacher salary I guess! I don't know much about Seattle but I do hear that Renton is kind of ghetto where she's living.

Renton is pretty ghetto, its certainly not the worst part of the eastside but on a school teacher salary you can't really afford to live in the nicer parts of the eastside.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

Women just flat out require more money to live - more makeup/skin/hair care products, more clothes, more shoes, more accessories.

They are the ultimate consumer. They fall victim to peer pressure more frequently and need to keep up with trends at a higher rate.

Meanwhile, I'm still wearing jeans I bought 12 years ago.

The flip side of that is women don't buy gaming computers, set up 10 disk NAS installs to download TV shows, man cave, sports cars, BBQ's, dates, drinks at the club, etc...

I'm sure women do spend more on the items you mentioned, but I'm not sure how the aggregate works out. My wife could buy a lot of clothes/shoes/accessories with how much my 911 costs.

• 2Worf

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>

In most of the country.

I had to reign in my wife with an ultimatum. We had tried joint accts, separate accts, everything. Nothing worked. She simply does not consider how much money she/we make vs how much she spends. Everything is a necessity to her. It took many, many years of hammering home the difference between needs and wants.

After she almost got her car repo'd I told her I'm not living like that anymore, so she can either forgo complete and total control of the finances to me or I will walk. I took all of her credit and debit cards and I give her cash every week. She spends it? Tough shit, you don't get more.

She's pretty good with cash, but she gives exactly zero thought to anything attached to a card. She just doesn't connect the fact that swipe is connected to real life money. So I removed to disconnect.

She makes over double what I do, and I have to take it all and give her an allowance or we will never pay off the house.