Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like you know your husband about as well as you knew what the future would hold when you were 19.

Lindz listen... people change, they get overwhelmed. Some people can cope, some can't. Your husband, for all the support you've given him, seems to be slipping further into self indulgence rather than doing what's right for his family. There's a point where you, as his wife, are going to need to give him a wake up call.

Khane Khane is 100% correct here, imho.

I'm not certain his idea of a wake up call is the right move to make (guessing into his disturbed, but accurate, mind here)

But you need to slap him, figuratively or literally, and explain to him his ass needs to fucking step up.

Can't write cause he's waiting for edits? Theres a million things around the house. Motherfucker can shop for groceries, do the dishes, etc.

I worked at home for 6 years, I understand this shit. Shit, my wife was a house wife while I worked at home. I still mowed the fucking lawn and made the bed. I still cooked lunch and dinner, I still took the fuckin kids to school.

Sorry, but whatever he's going through. Whatever the reason? Fuck that shit. Snap him out of it. If he refuses to snap out of it? Bounce.

Now, I'm not advocating ultimatums here. Shit takes time, especially if it is depression. But fuck. He needs to start down the path.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really don't like calling light of depression, but keeping it real, sounds like the dude is a manchild to be honest. How do you quit your job to write a book you don't even know will get published or read when you have a wife and kids? I mean hell I wrote a book, and I'd love for people to read it, but here I am popping this all out while gainfully employed, because that's what's putting food in their bellies and keeping a roof over our heads (well partially since the wife works too). I mean I know Lindz, that you are working to make up the difference, but then what I was saying before totally goes out the window. If he's the stay at home now, it's kind of on him to take care of things long before it lands on your lap. If he's using that time to play EQ, depression or not, that's complete bullshit in my eyes.

EDIT: going to leave it for full transparency, but I went back and saw that he was published, so I will (kind of) redact that. But really after reading Lindz's posts again, I still stand behind my main point. Dude is either having a mid life crisis or something, and he kind of needs to wake up. Therapy? Ultimatums? I don't know but what he's thrusting on your lap, is not good and selfish from my outside view.

And unrelated: why do people get so hot and bothered over Khane voicing his opinion? Yeah, sometimes I read what he says, and brush it off, because "he doesn't understand." But dude sometimes says things that are more than valid or it's funny due to his VERY clinical view on relationships in general. Anyhoo I just white knighted for the chronically single guy, holy shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Listen Namon, I like you, we have fun together but I'm just not in the right place right now. I don't want to complicate things. Let's just stay friends okay?

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I think most men would be depressed after seeing their woman being nutted in by another dude. Fuck outta here with that cuck shit.

Khane

By the way what the fuck is a "clinical view" of relationships?

Is that like "Yo Khane's gonna put on a clinic for us. A dick clinic"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If my wife wanted to quit her job to write a book I'd really hope for an immaculate house when I came home

One can wish

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

If my wife wanted to quit her job to write a book I'd really hope for an immaculate house when I came home

One can wish

Your wife quit her job literally to clean your house and it still isn't getting done. And I bet nobody will give me shit about saying so.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

How could I say no to your ugly pizza cat face.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Ah, gotcha. I'm not judging one way or the other but before or after I see issues with it giving the road they were either clearly already on, or the road they had already traveled.

To each their own though, I'm not going to judge anyone's lifestyle, I was just trying to get a point of reference between that and this I guess.

Me too. I just wanted to know for science. I've had friends who got into swinging to 'save their marriage' and it didn't work. Turned out she just wanted strange dick. This sounds like a totally different situation. Though if it doesn't work out, maybe I can introduce lindz's ex to my friends ex.

Anyway, looks like that romp preceded the big fight she described by nearly a year.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I couldn't decide whether to post this in the WoW thread, or here, but since we've been on the topic of MMOs in relationships, figure it fit here nicely.

So it's been said my wife has anxiety, and so dinner to bed time is a tough time for her to do solo. She handles it most of the time like a champ, but sometimes kids can be kids, and it gets very frustrating. From the million questions, to the typical not listening and not wanting to go to bed. So the idea of raiding in an MMO right in the middle of this was always off the table in my head. I was like no way she's gonna be cool with the kids going nuts, her running around the house, and I'm like peace out, I gotta go slay dragons!

Tonight we have a conversation, and I mention something about Noodleface Noodleface WoW raid, and she's like do you have to go raid? So I push this further to figure out what she really means, and she's like whatever problem you think I had with you raiding was entirely in your head, and I've never said you couldn't raid. Wtf? I feel like sometime in the past there was an altercation, or the night time routine with the kids has always been so crazy, that I never dared asked if I could raid right in the middle of it? I don't know. This is as surprising to me as I'm sure it was to her when I didn't bring home froyo. I'm floored, literally. I was so surprised, I didn't really respond and just showed her the "It's a Trap!" Meme.

So I'm pretty sure I've just been doing the "right" thing, and making myself available and helping out with the night time routine this whole time, and it's been fine, but the minute I try and slay dragons, she'll need something every 2 minutes, or something. I don't know.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So...

GF decided to join the Navy reserves. After two months she graduated today, and after her graduation she didnt call me. After she gets done processing into her school she finally sends me a text simply saying "hey babe". No I miss you, I love you or a picture of her, just "hey babe".

Just what the fuck?