Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
There is a lot of uncomfortable truth in this. We have a couple that are pretty close friends. They have kids, they're nearly fifty, and he's very obese. He gets sweaty going up a flight of stairs. He's just plain out of shape, and he's doing nothing about it. His father died at 55, his mother at 57. Both were fatties who didn't do anything about it.

It's great that you're in love and don't care, but how about not wanting to be a widow? or not wanting to raise your kids without you?

Sure. You can be attracted to anyone. If they're just right for you, fantastic. But for the love of all that is holy, take care of yourself at least enough to ensure you don't die young and leave your wife/kids/friends/whatever without you.
This - this.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I had double cancer through no fault of my own!

I told my wife that I have 40 in the bag but anything after that is a gift. I turn 39 this year.

iannis

Musty Nester
You might have gotten all the cancer out of the way.

A friend of my uncle got pancreatic cancer. This was about 7 years ago. Real solid dude, and he went through the whole thing. Buying his own coffin, setting his affairs in order, gave away all of his shit before he croaked so that they wouldn't haggle over it.

He's been in remission for 6 and there's no particular reason to think that it will come back. Besides for the obvious "having had cancer is a high risk factor for getting cancer again".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My dad had ball cancer so I worried I would get it but so far so good.

Family has had a LOT of cancer so it's always on my mind. Of course I'm diabetic so maybe I should've worried about those triple cheeseburgers

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
You can be predisposed to it. Certain things do run in families. I'm not a genetic determinist but it is indeed foolish to pretend like genes don't provide biases. That is, after all, their function. It's not just cancer it's a lot of things. We don't think it's silly to assume family history has something to do with schitzophrenia, parkinsons, or huntingtons for example.

With cancer what you have to remember is that it's all gauged in risk factors. Cancer formation is complex and it has to do with multiple generations of cell reproduction. Five specific things have to happen in sequence in order for a cell mass to become cancerous. Which is why family history is not at all a ridiculous notion when we're talking about risk. It's not guaranteed that if you smoke you'll get lung cancer, just like it is not that if you don't smoke you won't get lung cancer. But as a matter of risk, smoking is significantly worse. As a matter of risk, if previous generations of similar cells with similar genetics have developed cancer, there is an increased risk that yours will as well. As compared to a sample that never did.

We're talking about indications rather than predictions. You can certainly say that this or that could happen, and you can even describe how, but that's a different statement than saying this or that WILL happen.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
i'm fairly certain past cancer history is bullshit

It's not. There are gene mutations that pretty much guarantee cancer. They're never really tested for and there's god knows how many of them that haven't been "discovered" yet. Here's my particular one: Lynch Syndrome A coin was flipped when I was born and it landed the shit side up.

Claimed my father, grandmother, great-grandmother, is claming my aunt, nearly claimed me (and might still), and god knows how many people in my family tree died because of it.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
First, there is no signed document/separation agreement stating we are separated, though we consider ourselves separated with intent to get divorced.

Changed the master password on the password manager service I've been paying for, making it unable for my wife to access it, and unable to access whatever stuff she had stored in there or my passwords.

She asks for her passwords, I tell her I already deleted them, but they may be recoverable. They are recoverable, she asks again and I tell her I can do that for her. Then I tell her she needs to pay the car insurance deductible for the accident she had in September 2018. She says she can't pay it. I tell her if she wants her passwords she needs to pay that. "Are you holding me hostage?" Uh no, you can reset your passwords on your own.

Now she claims that is extortion. To me, that seems absurd, but laws are what they are. So, is that extortion?

Also she gave me a copy of a separation agreement she wants me to sign, I laughed and said no way. Then she says I'm holding her hostage because it will prevent her from being able to buy a house and our kids would suffer because she also says she can't rent either without a separation agreement. Sounds like some bullshit to me. I told her if she wants me to even consider signing that thing, I want a copy of a fresh credit report, her banking statements for the last two years and the estate banking account statements from her deceased parent as well. Again, claims extortion. Yay/nay?

If my eyes rolled back in my head any further during this bullshit, they would have detached.

• 3Cringe
  • 2WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Because he's every bit as stupid as he accuses his wife of being.

I was trying to be nice, but yeah. I don't know if his wife is as horrible as he portrays her to be, but at this point I hope she takes him to the cleaners. These sorts of petty demands aren't likely to increase negotiating power.

Hire a professional whose legal and ethical obligation is to getting your best deal. Stop being an asshole, wise up, and pay someone to get you what you can before you dig a giant hole for yourself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Judge Judy ain't gonna let you get away with that.

If some of those password were for banking or utilities, that can be a problem. Get a lawyer so you don't punch yourself in the dick.

• 1Like

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Judge Judy ain't gonna let you get away with that.

If some of those password were for banking or utilities, that can be a problem. Get a lawyer so you don't punch yourself in the dick.

Get away with what? Not doing her a favor? She reset them herself and was given the utility ones when asked. Wow much extortion, so hostage.

And it’s not like she used the password service the way you’re supposed to. 95% of her passwords were exactly the same which she has used for years.

And the deductible still ain’t paid. I even had to call the insurance because for some reason I was listed as the driver for the accident. But yeah I’m obviously the bad guy here. :rolleyes: I have nothing she can take as I’m broke af from supporting this money spending ho. Can’t even afford a lawyer.

• 1Dislike

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Get away with what? Not doing her a favor? She reset them herself and was given the utility ones when asked. Wow much extortion, so hostage.

And it’s not like she used the password service the way you’re supposed to. 95% of her passwords were exactly the same which she has used for years.

And the deductible still ain’t paid. I even had to call the insurance because for some reason I was listed as the driver for the accident. But yeah I’m obviously the bad guy here. :rolleyes: I have nothing she can take as I’m broke af from supporting this money spending ho. Can’t even afford a lawyer.
I suggest you file for seperation because you are on the hook for half of what ever debt she runs up right now. At least depending on the state.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
mcdj22 seems disinterested in honest feedback, only shitting on his wife, which seems against the spirit of the thread.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users