Marriage and the Power of Divorce

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
You guys have a good life.

Just imagine for a second going to your joint account and searching for "Starbucks" and pulling up $1000 in transactions in a 3 month period.

And you don't drink coffee. $10 a fucking day.

And THEN you get all this fucking shit with money vanishing down the black hole at Target. And THEN she runs up 10k behind your back and you say "if you spent $10,000 last year, how come we don't have nice shit?"

"Because then you would know I spent it."

Fuck you.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
All these posts make me appreciate my situation.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

Just imagine for a second going to your joint account and searching for "Starbucks" and pulling up $1000 in transactions in a 3 month period.

And THEN you get all this fucking shit with money vanishing down the black hole at Target. And THEN she runs up 10k behind your back and you say "if you spent $10,000 last year, how come we don't have nice shit?"

Fuck you.

That really sucks and honestly I'd be lying if I said I never thought/worried about that type of situation. My wife has been handling our money for 10 years (the last 5 of which she hasn't worked) and we've never had a single problem. She gets what she wants, I get what I want, neither of us are unreasonable about it. It's just one area of our life that works, so I've let my guard down about it. It could fuck me one day, but oh well I'll deal with it if it happens I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife used to be horrible with shopping, when I proposed to her she told me about her credit card debt.

It was around 7000 dollars and it was all from just shit, expensive clothes, knickknacks, and the like.

I told her we aren't getting married until she can get her card to a manageable for herself. It held our wedding off for a while, but the shopping since then has been practical.

Edit: the 7k was from 3 months of shopping and she had a zero balance before that because I paid them off for Christmas.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider

Fuck you.

jesus christ dude. I bought mine a Keurig and coffee grounds and it came in at like 90 cents a day for nice coffee. I can't imagine $1000 in 3 months I'd have an aneurysm. The target thing I can't even speak about, it is so foreign to me, so outside our spending habits I don't even know how I'd react.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Even Keurig is a ripoff to me. I'll stick with brewing a normal pot of coffee.

• 6Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Keurig is shit coffee. It wouldn't exist without the workplace and people leaving coffee pots on overnight.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Buy whole beans, $12 spice grinder, drip brew. Done. Marginal coffee expenses are about $8-10 a month.
That's pretty much what we do. Whole beans from Costco and fresh grind 'em. Better than 99% of the garbage at Starbucks and Dunkin. Every once in a while I'll get a cold brew from DD.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
We've been some Colombian organic one from Costco. It's pretty damn good. Some yellow bag.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
jesus christ dude. I bought mine a Keurig and coffee grounds and it came in at like 90 cents a day for nice coffee. I can't imagine $1000 in 3 months I'd have an aneurysm. The target thing I can't even speak about, it is so foreign to me, so outside our spending habits I don't even know how I'd react.

I bought her 2 Keurigs (translation...she NEEDED them, zomg, couldn't live another day without them!).

She still spent that much.

The best day of my life was the day she picked another guy over me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I bought her 2 Keurigs (translation...she NEEDED them, zomg, couldn't live another day without them!).

She still spent that much.

The best day of my life was the day she picked another guy over me.
Sorry man, I don't think we knew it was that bad until you started posting about it.

• 1Like