Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I made a mixed race baby in my effort to end whiteness. She real cute, though.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I made a mixed race baby in my effort to end whiteness. She real cute, though.

I don’t have an issue with race mixing, I used the term white to reference the posters in this thread. The majority of us are white, smart, able bodied, caring, hard workers. These genes should be passed on, this selfishness that is literally dumbing down the world is infuriating. People who say they won’t be a good dad don’t know what they are talking about. You probably weren’t good at many things in life, but you got good, found joy in it. Have a kid, it’ll be the best thing you do in life. Stop making excuses and being self centered, you’re an adult.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I mean look what happened to the Numenoreans when they focused on themselves and not reproducing... damn near gave Middle Earth over to the orcs!

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rarely is anyone ready for kids. Its like jumping off a cliff. You just suck it up, jump, and hope you dont land on your face and drown.

I'm going to second this. I did NOT want to have kids but the process of making one is way too damn much fun and things happen, like forgetting to take the pill and not telling your fiance. So here we are, 9 months after being married, I had a son. My life changed that day and I can't imagine life without him (and then my daughter). They drive me fucking crazy and I want to go Homer Simpson on them and strangle them multiple times a day, but my life would be empty without them. But I feel like I'm an outlier. You see all these news stories of people leaving their kids in cars on hot summer days, or chaining them up in their bedrooms while they go to Disney Land, so I still stand by my opinion to people who state they don't want kids: just don't have them. Trust me, there is enough white race preservation going on via the ultra conservative bunch who are shitting out "quiver full" families of 8-12 kids to cover things. And besides this is one of those that squarely lands into "it's no one's fucking business" to begin with.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
people leaving their kids in cars on hot summer days

That can literally happen to anyone, and I have a lot of sympathy for those parents (where it wasn't intentional, obviously). I can't imagine needing to continue your life knowing you accidentally killed your child.

This is a wonderful article (about a terrible subject), and may put a new spin on things for you. The first paragraph alone is a gut punch.

or chaining them up in their bedrooms while they go to Disney Land,

These people can burn in hell.

• 2Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That can literally happen to anyone, and I have a lot of sympathy for those parents (where it wasn't intentional, obviously). I can't imagine needing to continue your life knowing you accidentally killed your child.

This is a wonderful article (about a terrible subject), and may put a new spin on things for you. The first paragraph alone is a gut punch.

I'm not saying I don't feel pity... but as someone who has to return to the house at least 3 times every time I leave to snag something I forget (including the damn keys to the car itself many times), one thing I have not forgotten is my kid. And honestly this is a great example because my exact quote on this story: it's one thing to leave kid in the car while going shopping but to completely forget to drop them off somewhere is just beyond comprehension to me. This is the one acceptation to my hard rule of don't be an asshole and say parents should do x or y bullshit people do all the time. Straight up, you do not just "forget" you have kids. I don't care how busy you are, you don't just let them being in potentially dangerous situations slip your mind. I absolutely know this guy's colossally stupid brain fart was not intentional, but it was still criminal negligence and he is absolutely guilty of manslaughter.

Captain Suave

it's one thing to leave kid in the car while going shopping but to completely forget to drop them off somewhere is just beyond comprehension to me

As it is for everyone else to whom this tragedy happens. Read the article fully. Human memory is fallible and sometimes fails importantly to the best-organized and best-intentioned people. It's not a question of willpower or desire or whatever motivation you ascribe. Simply putting a child in the back seat is a potentially dangerous situation, in the same category of risk as the fact that you might not see another car and have a collision (I'm sure child deaths by driver error collision vastly exceed hyperthermia).

We all do it, we're all human, and therefore it could happen to any of us, however uncomfortable that thought is.

Last edited:

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
As it is for everyone else to whom this tragedy happens. Read the article. Human memory is fallible and sometimes fails importantly to the best-organized and best-intentioned people.

Read it man, and I still disagree, sorry. I still feel that this isn't forgetting their birthday or to pick up that candy you promised them in the morning because your day was shit or missing their recital. This is keeping them alive. It is the basest of base duties as a parent. Yep accidents happen all the time and it sucks, and parents had no control over those circumstances. Like a parent accidentally backing over their kid with a machine because they didn't see them. That's just some shit, and it would suck for that to happen, and my heart would break for them. But forgetting your kid is with you is not a tragic accident in my mind at all.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I used to think that, but there was a local case that I can't find the news story for, it was years ago. But the gist was that these people weren't shitbags, they were good parents, mom was a principal at a local school, dad usually took their toddler to daycare but this time the mom did. Long commute, kid falls asleep, coupled with the change in routine, mom left the kid in the car and the kid died. I hate to think anything like that could happen to me, but these people probably thought it could never happen to them either. Reading that family's account really made me feel for them, to have that on your conscience forever is going to be hell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester

Those stories always make me sad. And most of the time (unless it was murder) it's like... Don't charge them. Jesus. You're not making it worse, or better.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Imagine I typed something here that carried a similar message to Lachius and Uber but without the aggressive douchebaggery and self-righteousness.

Reported.

Look bucko you've been warned multiple times. I don't know why you keep skating on that thin ice.

• 2Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I find meaning in my life by traveling the world, making that Bay Area tech sales cash, and partaking in fantastic live music experiences. I live for that serotonin release. Don't care what anyone else has to say about it. I dig my life.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We all do it, we're all human, and therefore it could happen to any of us, however uncomfortable that thought is.

That doesn't mean it's equally likely to happen to everyone though. Even though we can all be in a car accident, some drivers are FAR more accident prone than others. Some of that is due to chance of course, but much of it is caused by unsafe habits and/or lack of ability.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I find meaning in my life by traveling the world, making that Bay Area tech sales cash, and partaking in fantastic live music experiences. I live for that serotonin release. Don't care what anyone else has to say about it. I dig my life.

That's great for you.

But this is the marriage thread. You should make "Sterile people long term fucking" thread.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Marriage != Having kids though unless you really meant what you said
If aren't having kids and you aren't part of a royal marriage to solidify an alliance then you have literally no reason to be married, especially if you are a man. Unless you just want to sign half your shit over to some broad for no fucking reason. I can't imagine being that retarded though.

Captain Suave

If aren't having kids and you aren't part of a royal marriage to solidify an alliance then you have literally no reason to be married, especially if you are a man. Unless you just want to sign half your shit over to some broad for no fucking reason. I can't imagine being that retarded though.

If that's your attitude towards marriage, why should the existence of children matter? People are perfectly capable of raising a family in the absence of a stamped piece of paper and an expensive party. Marriage is just a public commitment to share your lives. There's nothing inherently stupid about loving and respecting your partner enough to want to do that.

(As far as the "half your shit" side of things, the state should stay out of marriage licensing entirely and we should instead have pre-nup contracts specifying the distribution of assets should the union fail. No surprises that way. There is a fair set of arguments to be made that some level of spousal support is appropriate since quite often one or the other partner has to subordinate their own career and income to raise kids. But if you and your partner don't share that view you should be free to have a zero-cost split if you want.)

Last edited: