Marriage and the Power of Divorce

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Any of you bros do BDSM (light or hardcore) with your partner?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Foler stop fishing for other people's stories to re-post on chaturbate.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Well here's a fucking weird one for ya boys! My woman's family all forcibly cut ties with her aunt. I am talking full radio silence, changed the locks on their houses and refuse to even speak to her. I've met this woman several times and she seemed nice enough. She was divorcing my my wife's uncle and some other typical shit. I don't know them too well or anything as they all live in Ukraine but I figured it was typical life bullshit.

But what really piqued my interest is even her cousin cut ties with his mom (the aunt) and will not allow her anywhere near his own family for any reason. To the extent that he will not allow family photos to be taken and circulated via facebook or whatever out of fear that his own mother might get her hands on them.

To this I was all, wait a minute. What the fuck? That is batshit insane. But it got weirder. I asked what had caused this, had she attacked anyone or some other insanity? Nope nope nope. Even more bizarre. I don't pretend to be deeply ingrained on East European culture/Ukrainian culture or anything but there is a very mainstream belief in various superstitions. My wife describes this as black magic/white magic for some reason... I kind of figured it was just like gypsy nonsense that is common in Europe. But people in Ukraine do like going to fortune tellers and all that garbage. I generally didn't think much of it other than believing it was kind of stupid.

Apparently the belief in this is quite strong. The cousin caught his mom on his home camera system coming in and pouring blood on stuff and doing weird satanic shit or something I shit you not. This is why they are divorced now. I laughed about this and my wife got super pissed. I am not sure how you want me to react to something I find so completely absurd lol. She tells me that I may not believe any of it but it is real and causes bad things.

Yeah okay. Enjoy your gypsy nonsense. Don't care. Sorry your uncle and aunt to divorce though. I guess.
you married a witch.

God damn peasant pagan nonsense. Lol. You actually married a witch.

As long as she's cute. And bro in 20 years don't let her medicine you.

Otherwise it's just kinda awesome.

Is her name samantha? Plz plz plz.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

I seem to remember TJT talking about dating a woman who practiced eastern European "medicine". Did he end up drinking a potion that turned him into her love slave?!? Right after she drugged his soon to be ex and made her fall in love with some random Australian so she would be out of the way!

I smell a conspiracy. Or like iannis said... a witch.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wife spent over $800 in clothing last month. Close to $600/month over the last 6. I'm being completely honest that I have no idea what a family of 3 with a 5YO *should* be spending but I'm having hard time believing it should be anywhere near that.

This is not the first time I've had to ask her why certain parts of the budget are higher than I would have thought. Or even worse, higher than we explicitly agreed to keep it. They're always met with mumbles and half hearted promises to do better. Like I'm an asshole for wanting to have some oversight on our spending and doing something with the feedback.

She wants to extend a vacation we have planned, hit a few more locations. She's also taking some time off work to recuperate, more on that below. So we're basically not saving any money. The extension isn't expensive, maybe a few more hundred bucks, but I feel like this one of the few bargaining chips I'll have to force some real change out of her.

I ask her for a show of good faith. Let me input some of her credit cards so we can better itemize the purchases. No deal, she offers to cancel Sirius XM, a whole $13/month. An insulting offer that misses the point entirely.

She then tries to explain it away by saying she gained 15 pounds since last summer and she needed some new clothes. Now, you can see where this is going and yeah, I fell for it. I don't have a problem with her weight, last summer or this one. But I ask her to please keep the cost of new clothes in mind and now I'm guilty of body shaming.

Frequenters of this thread know she's suffering from...something. The rheumatologist she saw a couple weeks ago thinks the fibro is a symptom of something else(Celiac, it does run in the family; sleep disorder; or some other stress trigger). Is it still fair to expect someone to watch their weight when on medications that might affect that? And if it's not fair, is it then fair to ask someone to be up front with the "collateral", like our clothing budget?

Khane

Tell her to ask her friend who did the "Fuck the Patriarchy" needlework to make her some new clothes. Since she's so good with a sewing kit.

Also, if you have shared expenses, except for "her" credit cards... what the fuck is that about? Hahaha.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If shes on prednisone then she can watch her weight all she wants, she's going to gain no matter what. If her meds are making her gain then there's not a ton that can be helped with that. You can work out or diet all you want. It's listed as a side effect for a reason, most of the time you can't avoid it.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, prednisone is gonna make her plump up. It makes you retain water. There's not enough diuretics in the world to counter it. And if she tried that it would only make her sicker.

I don't know if you've got a healthy relationship with your wife when it comes to finances, death. It honestly sounds like a powerstruggle. For once I don't actually have any advice about that! It just sounds like a nasty cycle where you get a little aggressive, she gets a little defensive, and it escalates.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The only solution you are gonna have when it comes to finances, if she won't slow her role which it sounds like she won't, is separate your finances. Or at least threaten to. It's not ideal but maybe it'll give her a rude awakening on how serious you are.

• 2Like

Khane

Sounds more like she's well versed in the art of guilt tripping. Obviously we only get one side of the story but requiring 600 a month for new clothes, needing to extend vacations and also taking extra time off work to satisfy "my needs" is bordering on self pandering.

I mean shit... 600 a month over 6 months because of 15 pounds? That's like... an extra belt loop worth of weight. Not an entire wardrobe for a Romanoff.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
She's not on prednisone. I'm not saying there aren't other meds that can cause weight gain.

The separate credit cards are not "hers" so to speak. They're mostly store credit cards that I haven't felt the need to have that fight to force her to itemize. I still see the charges for Old Navy and Target for example because we pay those off with a credit card that I do itemize.

And I don't pretend that they are all her purchases. She does 95% of the shopping for the household. So while I can't specifically see what she's buying, I generally trusted it was well intentioned. It likely still is, you gain weight, you need new clothes, that's a legitimate reason. I'm not even looking for her to feel bad. Just some contextual awareness maybe she just spent the vacation budget even if it wasn't her fault.

It's not healthy, iannis iannis . I'm quite frugal. We have "fun money" that we can spend and the other person can't question at all. We deposit money into these accounts as mutual gifts for each other for special occasions, so the "income" is generally the same. Her's is almost gone, mine is above $5k and rising. I just don't have much I want to buy.

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
$600 a month for clothing seems excessive. Shit for 5 year olds you can get all sorts of shit at Target for cheap. Especially the sale rack.

Where is she shopping for clothes?

Khane

600 a month only "seems" excessive? You can lease a BMW 5 series for that much

• 2Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
600 a month only "seems" excessive? You can lease a BMW 5 series for that much

It depends if you're shopping at high end retailers, then $600 is probably right on the nose. If it's $600 at Target, I'd say she's returned most it for gift cards to fuel a pill addiction or something

Khane

It depends if you're shopping at high end retailers, then $600 is probably right on the nose. If it's $600 at Target, I'd say she's returned most it for gift cards to fuel a pill addiction or something

Every month for 6 months in a row? You've got expensive taste!

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You can assume based on deathwings frugality and the mention of target and the like that she's probably not buying designer clothes. I can't even imagine how I'd spend $600/month on clothes. I have like 15-20 dress shirts and 10 nice pairs of slacks and I never really add to it. I'm a jean and t-shirt guy though.

And kid clothes CAN be expensive, but fuck we buy outfits seasonally for the boys and the youbgest gets hand me downs.

This sort of reminds me of my mom. She was hiding CC bills from my stepfather by always justifying the purchases until once he found out she spend $3k on back to school clothes for my sister. He was livid but then he went back through her purchase history and she'd always been doing it. And no one had a thing to show for it.

Is it possible she's just shopping to feel better about herself? You've well documented her lack of sex drive and elusive mystery illness

My money is still on depression

• 2Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Every month for 6 months in a row? You've got expensive taste!

Not me. I asked my wife what we spend on clothes and she said about $200 a month for 4 of us. She's the one that told me you could spend $600 at high end places, Brooks Brothers or Neiman Marcus. We shop at Target and Costco