Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't know man. The more of this story you tell the more it seems like you let her navigate your relationship the entire time.

"Do you want kids? After we get our feet on the ground and have our lives in order I want kids. You should know that"

Is a lot different than

"Do you want kids? Like I'm sayin... someday kids could be cool right? Nah? Yea... nah... I was just playin, like you know though, maybe like way later on".

The second option might be something a dude who wears Heisman trophy tighty whiteys and brags about all the women he slept with before his alpha wife made him finger her and then told him to go to sleep says.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm just busting on him a bit. Those underwear though... for real.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Dont listen to the haters. You want kids you can have mine, I'll bang the 20 year olds in your office.

Well shit, if someone had fucking thought to mention to me that was an option I would have had kids too!

You guys never tell me shit. God damn it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Not now. I genuinely did, but having kids in the 40s (especially for women) isn't a great idea.
So leave your wife, who doesn't want kids anyway and is sexually incompatible. Get one of these young, fertile chicks who are chomping at the bit to get into your skintight underoos and make a kid with one when you find a good match. I'm 43 with a 2 year old and it's a whole lot easier for me now, than it would have been as a financially-struggling 20-something who never wanted to be home.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
So leave your wife, who doesn't want kids anyway and is sexually incompatible. Get one of these young, fertile chicks who are chomping at the bit to get into your skintight underoos and make a kid with one when you find a good match. I'm 43 with a 2 year old and it's a whole lot easier for me now, than it would have been as a financially-struggling 20-something who never wanted to be home.

This man is correct.

Leave. Find a better match for you.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
"Do you want kids? After we get our feet on the ground and have our lives in order I want kids. You should know that"

Used this line on a third date last night and it landed really well. She seemed pretty adamantly agreed so I'm pretty sure she wasn't just saying it so I would like her.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Why waste time? There's thousands of single women just a swipe away, no point in wasting months with someone and then breaking up due to life path differences that could've been ironed out earlier.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's just the way dating is these days. With so many options people get down to what they really want in much earlier conversations. Wanting kids is a pretty big aspect of life, so it's better to talk about it early and figure out if you're on the same page. That way you're not in a situation 10 months in where you've become attached and start messing with your own mind wondering if this person you've grown to love will ever change their mind on such a fundamental difference in values. Pretending you can change their mind is how you find yourself in a bad relationship full of resentment and frustration years down the road.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Pretending you can change their mind is how you find yourself in a bad relationship full of... frustration years down the road.

Friend of mine is 10 years married and for some reason never nailed down that his wife didn't want kids. She's 40 and doing IVF mostly because he's pushing for a family. She'd make a terrible mom, which she knows and is why she didn't want kids in the first place. The future is going to be a challenge for them.

Ask the important questions early.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What if she enjoys a good slice of American cheese on her ass?
wedding ring GIF

• 4Worf

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
You're talking about kids on a third date?

Damn. Life is different from when I was dating.
Only time I'd mention kids on the third date is when we talk about if she's on BC or pro choice.

Had some lady on the first date trying to slip a finger in this week, made me think of this thread.

Grabbits having a midlife crisis, once he cheats on his wife with some crazy 22 year old gender fluid it'll get real good.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
You're talking about kids on a third date?

Damn. Life is different from when I was dating.
Should be talking about butt play and whether or not she likes eating ass.

These are the foundations great relationships are built upon. It is known.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Only time I'd mention kids on the third date is when we talk about if she's on BC or pro choice.

Had some lady on the first date trying to slip a finger in this week, made me think of this thread.

Grabbits having a midlife crisis, once he cheats on his wife with some crazy 22 year old gender fluid it'll get real good.

Atta boy! Did you let her stick it in? Did you think about your Bros in this thread as she was tickling your cornhole?

We have a butt play conversion people!

• 1Like