Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hey look at that FoH. A success story about sticking it out. Your wife stopped going to school and wanted to just stay at home. And I guess you wouldn't let her.

You just made an enemy of half of this thread.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You realize you just bro hugged the dude who was screaming about his deadbeat wife for years... in this thread... because he had to pay off all her medical school loans just for her to give up and stop caring. And then actually yelled at her, while she was nagging him, because he hates her so much... "One sec, I'm masturbating in the living room."
I don't care about a dude bitching about his wife. That is a lot of this thread. I see my kid growing up and I see my own age.

I just sit there and wish I had more of that. Why did I wait so long?

Plain and simple.

If you get married you're going to bitch about her and we'll be here to listen. Then you'll discover why being a "fan" of NFL and NCAA sports is awesome. As it gets you out of the house and an excuse to knock a few back every week.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Hey look at that FoH. A success story about sticking it out. Your wife stopped going to school and wanted to just stay at home. And I guess you wouldn't let her.

You just made an enemy of half of this thread.

Now you are just making stuff as you go. One of the many issues I had with her was that she was a forever student.
She was in school literally until she was 35 years old. From bachelor, to medical school outside the country, to Nurse Practitioner; it took her that long to finally get some sort of final road on her studies and became a NP.

Khane

EDIT: This was a reply to TJT

I think you're being a little hard on yourself while thoughtfully wondering about what could have been, in hindsight. You're where you are because that's who you are.

I have those same thoughts.

You liked skydiving and had a relationship with a woman that suited you at the point your life, until she betrayed the agreement you had and mistakenly "fell in love" with a side piece from Australia.

Trust me, I have thoughts... and even dreams about what i could have done differently but they are all essentially meaningless because we are different people now then we were "back then".

If your life is better now for those experiences, is that really a loss?

You're married now. Would you really trade in your wife?

Khane

Now you are just making stuff as you go. One of the many issues I had with her was that she was a forever student.
She was in school literally until she was 35 years old. From bachelor, to medical school outside the country, to Nurse Practitioner; it took her that long to finally get some sort of final road on her studies and became a NP.

I'm not making anything up. This is how you presented your situation here on these forums. If you embellished a bit I cant blame you, we all have. Sometimes we're just looking for a little commiseration. But you absolutely made it sound like your wife was a worthless piece of trash who stopped going to school.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I'm not making anything up. This is how you presented your situation here on these forums. If you embellished a bit I cant blame you, we all have. Sometimes we're just looking for a little commiseration. But you absolutely made it sound like your wife was a worthless piece of trash who stopped going to school.
1644196259273.png

I never said she stopped going to school and was a dead beat, as you can see I was pretty stoked that she finally joined the workforce.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

I gotta be honest with you. I'm happy that you got such a win.

I'm just going to concede and say congratulations.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly being an NP is probably top 1% of FOH wives.

Now more importantly, has TJT TJT visited his office mistress in Oregon yet?

• 1Double Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This. $60-70k in a big city is not the same as a rural red state.

Also someone came up with a male version of the delusion calculator. Though theres a big difference in that they have a obese and overweight category, instead of just overweight. Kind of depressing results when you ignore weight requirements. Jumps to 16.8%.

View attachment 397071

My girlfriend comes in at 0.939%. Not married, 5'-0, not obese, and not overweight and makes more than $80k a year and her age. A mother and I included it but gone from the house and supporting himself. I'm not going to share this obviously lol. Never divorced either. Her husband died in a car wreck.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This. $60-70k in a big city is not the same as a rural red state.

Also someone came up with a male version of the delusion calculator. Though theres a big difference in that they have a obese and overweight category, instead of just overweight. Kind of depressing results when you ignore weight requirements. Jumps to 16.8%.

View attachment 397071
Those stats really aren't that bad. 1 in 10 or even 1 in 20 chicks being compatible with you is massive.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Spent the day with dragon lady / tiger mom or whatever you’d like to call her.

I’ve discovered she really likes me to go shopping with her as a social activity. We went and got a couples massage (that was my treat, a gift card from Christmas.) Then lunch. Then she wanted to buy some clothes. So we go into Nordstrom, and she kindly modeled everything for me and asked me if I liked them or not. No, I didn’t buy clothes for her, she bought them herself.

I found out what her real (Chinese) name is today. She has an American name she uses otherwise. She was elusive about this back when we first met, and ignored the question twice, so I didn’t want to push it. Today she asked me to join WeChat (ostensibly so Mao can spy on me) which is cool I guess. What a weird app though, compared to western social media…though I guess first and foremost it’s a messenger app.

She invited me to a party next month with her friends. So that’s gonna be interesting. There’s gon’ be a lot of Google translating if they don’t speak English better.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I still call my wife by her Viet name even though me and her parents are about the only ones who do.
I’m gonna call her by her Chinese name also.

She described her American name as a “throwaway.” She only uses it when, like, ordering food, or meeting an English speaking person, etcetera. She said she has no emotional attachment to it. She told me today that after five years of living in the US I’m the only English speaker she’s told her name to. 😜

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Seriously though, I am cautiously optimistic for you.

• 2Worf

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I’m gonna call her by her Chinese name also.

She described her American name as a “throwaway.” She only uses it when, like, ordering food, or meeting an English speaking person, etcetera. She said she has no emotional attachment to it. She told me today that after five years of living in the US I’m the only English speaker she’s told her name to. 😜
My wife and her sisters have english/non-korean names on their birth certificates but also have a korean name. They all go by the english name. My kids and their cousins are the same. My wife's parents use their korean names as legal but kinda go back and forth with their chosen english names.... or maybe it's the other way around? They seem to move back and forth *shrug*

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Tiger mom is putting on a master class on how to rope in a guy.

If she can make that into a course and sell she can make good bank on it.

You don't stand a chance Jackie Treehorn Jackie Treehorn , just trap on and hope for the best.

• 1Solidarity