Marriage and the Power of Divorce

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Have you tried one of these?

lol that looks amazing. I used to be a mask sleeper but like I said I’ve tried to make my sleep less dependent on products so weened off. YOU should definitely try them and report back. They seem to have great reviews.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
lol that looks amazing. I used to be a mask sleeper but like I said I’ve tried to make my sleep less dependent on products so weened off. YOU should definitely try them and report back. They seem to have great reviews.
They are great. I use one every night.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just discovered a white noise device on Amazon that makes rain noises. It’s great. I’m trying to migrate off earplugs because I just don’t want to be only comfortable if I have those on while sleeping, dependent on them if you will I guess
I've tried a few noisemaking apps before, and there's always something weird about them that pulls me out of sleep. However, I got a bigass air cleaner that makes a fuckton of noise, but it's a nice, consistent, mechanical hum (also a bonus of really clean air!). Far better than anything else I've ever tried for getting to sleep (maybe with the exception of listing to classic history channel on the couch way back when). I also block out any light sources. I guess you can get used to anything, but I can't imagine sleeping with a mask or headphones/earplugs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
There are people who don't sleep with a fan on?
The same people that don't set an alarm. They are super humans no fan, no alarm and they will never ever pass up a chance to let the peasant alarm users know they are better than them. Or so I've been told.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I prefer not having the fan on. Hate having slightly breezy air blowing on me. Husband wants it, though, so on it goes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I prefer not having the fan on. Hate having slightly breezy air blowing on me. Husband wants it, though, so on it goes.
Some air circulation is good especially when it's warm, but I don't want to feel the breeze. It won't keep me awake really but I feel like it dries me out.

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Yup. No one in my family sleeps with a fan on. I understand the need for white noise, but if you can do without, do without.

It was slightly tongue in cheek, but I actually envy people like that

Unfortunately, some level of tinnitus affects a lot of us who's workplaces aren't exactly offices, and I'm sure the 25 years of metal concerts and gun ranges even with ear pro didn't help either.

Laying around just listening to nothing isn't exactly quiet.

• 2Solidarity

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
In the summer I run a fan, and in the winter a Humidifier that happens to have a fan. A constant low volume noise, that I can hear over, but nullifies random creaks in the night

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
EI prefer not having the fan on. Hate having slightly breezy air blowing on me. Husband wants it, though, so on it goes.
Animated GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Like