Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Tenks got a square dick, so I don't know if should be listening to him. Probably gets angry at all the right angles.

I enjoy poker, especially with noobs. They can never control themselves and almost always let you know when they have a great hand or a shitty hand. When they're quiet you know they aren't sure.

Also, what is there to do in Vegas if you don't gamble?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Seriously? Monopoly as a fun game? Fuck me, next to Risk I have never seen another game end friendships as fast. One of the reasons MMO hate never phased me was because I played Monopoly and Risk for years. My wife and her friends will play Twilight Imperium, Buck Rogers, Smash Up, X-Wing, and a host of other head to head competitive games (and often win) without any hard feelings. I get the murder eyes if I ever even SUGGEST Monopoly.

lindz

#DDs
If there is any game that makes you want to rage quit, it's Descent. I won't play that with my husband anymore. There have been a number of rule changes and expansions since I last played that he tells me make it better, but I'll never play it with him again.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also, what is there to do in Vegas if you don't gamble?
Besides what Tenks mentioned, if you've never been there, there are a decent amount of sights to see. Also, just walk around, marveling at all the people and buildings that shouldn't be in the middle of the fucking desert. I doubt we'll go back, but it was fun from a sort of sensory experience.

Oh, the food was really good too.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not into gambling at all and I find plenty of fun in Vegas. Too much so, really.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Settlers of Catan makes me want to murder people. I won 3 or 4 games in a row because they don't play strategically, so they all banded together and their strategy for the next million times we played was "fuck noodleface over"

Really made the game not fun

Nester

Vyemm Raider
My wife and I work in the same industry, When I get home I am done talking/thinking about work (unless my cell phone goes off and its a client) she wants to talk about it when she gets home, and wants my opinion on specific files. I have to tell her NO, I am pretty much done with work today, can we talk about anything else? Sometimes it works sometimes I stab myself in the eye.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Settlers of Catan makes me want to murder people. I won 3 or 4 games in a row because they don't play strategically, so they all banded together and their strategy for the next million times we played was "fuck noodleface over"

My Wife has banned Risk from our house. Last time it was Me, her and Her brother and sister in law.. Her brother and I had clear leads and both of us courted her as an ally. We both laid down the emotional heavy as we are both competitive. She snapped and quit the game and banned it from our house.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

This is what happens when you play with typical women (and their fucking inlaws) instead of with ones like my wife (or Lindz). This is basically why they won't play Monopoly with me anymore, because it is harder to gang up on me. The last time we played, I got the orange set and the game ended in less than 90 minutes. It was the only time I have ever heard my mother in law use profanity.

But yeah when we play Catan, I spend all fucking game with the Robber on me. They actually won't play the knights expansion with me because I can move it around on them. I won't even play Carcassonne or Ticket to Ride with them anymore, because all they do is table talk and cock block me all game.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Monopoly deal is a great family game, Its monopoly in a 10-20 min card game. games end so quickly people get over the anger of losing and moving on to the next game.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If there is any game that makes you want to rage quit, it's Descent. I won't play that with my husband anymore. There have been a number of rule changes and expansions since I last played that he tells me make it better, but I'll never play it with him again.
LOL don't play Super Dungeon Explore then.

iannis

Musty Nester
I haven't played monopoly in years, but whenever we'd play it (not the family... just a group of dudes) it would always degenerate into the most hateful, racist, drunken, yelling fests. Good game.

Risk would also go that way. For some reason so would this interstellar trading game we used to play. We used to play a pern game sometimes, that was actually a really neat boardgame, that also did.

Hmm.

The card games were always classy though. We wouldn't play boardgames with females, had to be cards.

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, that was nominally always the plan. It never came through.

A good game of Asshole serves the same end though. Basically, just hearts, but the loser of the round is the asshole.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Monopoly deal is a great family game, Its monopoly in a 10-20 min card game. games end so quickly people get over the anger of losing and moving on to the next game.
Yes. Me and my friends have been playing "Meal" for years now, love it. Took my wife a while to get on board but now she likes it too.