Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I mean who was the chick that married Furor? Ravenn wasn't it? She's a prime example of grass is greener complex. She was totally set for life yet it was obviously ritualistic for her to go to Starbucks with her friends and spend his money on coffee all the while bitching about how "HE" doesn't give her enough attention. Now she's a divorced broke ass chick living in Nebraska or wherever with declining looks and no skill set. Typical of all the brilliant bored women out there.
1441286_10201451912874395_514663264_n.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
touche sir, touche. The problem is I killed my facebook and it's on his facebook so I can't see it. I'll make a troll account and grab it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All you have to do is log back in using your same email and password dude. It's not hard. Stop stalling!

also do you guys have these stockpiles of Ravvenn pictures or something?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
You said she's all into fitness because you guys got fat.. how much weight did you gain and how much do you still weigh? Is she all fit now and you're some WOW playing lardass?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
You said she's all into fitness because you guys got fat.. how much weight did you gain and how much do you still weigh? Is she all fit now and you're some WOW playing lardass?
This is my question too

As for a lawyer, if you can take an equal or even slightly bad deal, you are so much better off than fighting it for years in the courts. My parents fought for about 4 years in court and wound up hating each other. I'm sure they collectively spent tens of thousands of dollars on lawyer fees also. And they fucked up their kids.

Get an equal deal. If she starts being greedy, give her a little more. The only people who win in a bitter legal battle are lawyers.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Why are women such bitches?

Sorry dude, you are forever immortalized in my head as the dude with the hooker car.. so now I think that while that was going on you were going through this.
I don't think she's being a bitch, necessarily. She could have handled things better, but I would imagine so could Onoes. We are after all only getting one side of the story. This is a pretty classic case of "getting married way the fuck too young/early." Chick ended up marrying most likely the first guy she ever dated and when she hit her mid 20's she got restless. It sucks, but it's also understandable.

Out of curiosity for those that are happily married, what is the frequency of sex in your relationships? How does that compare to what it was while you were still dating (but outside of the initial few months where you fuck like bunnies)? I know there's going to be a range, just curious what people think is "normal". I know now that I've settled in to a groove with my special lady friend, I personally don't feel the need to have sex more than 2-3 times a week. More if I'm not working lots/late or playing sports, less if I'm getting home dog shit tired and just want to go to sleep at 10 pm or if I'm getting home at midnight from hockey. I'm not too concerned about it, but she definitely wants sex more than I've been giving it to her, but I think that's a function of ages (I'm 32 vs her being 25) and the fact that she sleeps 8-9 hours a night while I've been lucky to get 5-6 because of our schedules.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty much the same here Eomer. 1-2 a week BUT it's much better sex than when we were doing it more frequently. I know it sounds shitty, but I'm more motivated to do things during sex that she likes even I find no interest in it myself. Like bondage stuff, which is kinda tame admittedly, but I don't care for it at all. Now she gets it every time and I've noticed an uptick in how often I get to pee in her butt. No idea if that's for the same reason.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Here we were 2 and a half years ago. I was probably 200 pounds, and she was maybe 180? no idea.
rrr_img_52716.jpg

Here we are in October - I'm now 210-215.
rrr_img_52717.jpg

Here she is, again no idea, maybe 140ish?
rrr_img_52718.jpg

So yeah, I can definitely stand to lose some weight, but I'm not a beast or anything.

As for the lawyer, I know what you guys are saying, but yeah... I'm really trying to get through this as painlessly as possible, and while I know I'm taking a giant risk, and a ton of you are going to emphasise what a fuckwit I am (We established that in another thread already), I only see two outcomes of me going to a lawyer. Either he says "Looks good, don't change a thing" and I'm out some money and possibly cause a big issue/put her on the defensive, and turn this shitty, OR, he says "Fuck her, we give nothing and push for everything!" which again, is not what I want.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You should hire a charming man to seduce her, treat her awful, crush her self-confidence and then let you pick up the pieces.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
You should hire a charming man to seduce her, treat her awful, crush her self-confidence and then let you pick up the pieces.
Sounds like you are suggesting that he watch the movie Extract, then treat it as a life plan.

Well not exactly like Extract. But close enough. Get to it, Onoes.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Can someone remind again how in this day and age what the benefits are to a man getting married? I mean, women have nothing to lose besides emotional energy and time, but men? He has to buy the ring, possibly pay for the wedding, the honeymoon, and the house. Then, if he gets divorced, chances are he loses the kids, the house, and a whack load of cash. It's pay to get in, and pay to get out.. It used to be getting married at least got you a clean organized house, a home cooked meal on the table, and regular sex, but I've yet to find a married friend that has any of that with any real consistency.. I just don't get it... It's like you're paying for the chance to get fucked in the ass sometime down the road.. I wouldn't even consider marriage if but for the fact that society has constructed the need to be married before having kids. If that little caveat didn't exist, the word marriage wouldn't even exist in my vocabulary.