Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay so I spent the past hour browsing /r/theredpill.

It's basically a bunch of betas who started working out and treating women like shit and now they get laid. Is that the gist of this? This is seriously a thing?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider

It's basically a bunch of betas who started working out and treating women like shit and now they get laid. Is that the gist of this? This is seriously a thing?
You forgot about wearing fedoras.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There's a lot of truth in this statement.

But no, my mom moved to Florida after my grandmother suffered a stroke in October. Just quit her job and left, she's retarded.
I was just echoing what someone else said earlier to try and sound funny, I didn't know the specifics

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Yes except most don't get laid. They just think being a jerk to women means that woman wants them badly.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I need opinions of the pros and con's of no contact vs trying to be friends for long term reconciliation.
I don't think anything ever got "fixed" with no contact. Communication is the key to well...everything. Sure a cool down period may be in order, but considering you have kids together non contact seems counter productive. How did it work for you last time?

If you went full RP, I think its time to embrace some humility and just try to be genuine.

Do you have any idea what your wife wants? How did she react to no contact in the past?
If my wife gave me the no contact routine it would make things much worse. Obviously I am a communicator so that is important to me. YMMV.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>

It's basically a step by step walktrough on how to look cocky and confident plus how to sort yourself out. Eventually the guys fix they shitty submissive attitude and act more like men.

Which actually works. They do get laid more.

Problem is the entire thing is also laced with a lot of potentially toxic stuff. Since the guys had such a hard time to get laid prior and now they are pulling some tail, it blows their mind and they see the whole thing as deserving worship and go way the fuck overboard with it.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought the points about eye contact, dressing better, hitting the gym, and finding happiness outside of a woman were good points... then it quickly divulged into all these stupid fucking mind games. "Make sure the texting ratio is 2:3." Fuck off.

Pants_sl

shitlord
Being from Northern MI, just want to interrupt this redpill rehab session to say that I can assure you windchill does matter, regardless of how well your skin is covered. 0 degrees with no wind feels quite nicer than 0 degrees with 30-40 mph squalls, nice warm coat or not. Carry on.
Also most people I know don't wear jackets on their face

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have done very little reading on this whole red pill stuff, but it sounds exactly like Leykis 101.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Problem is the entire thing is also laced with a lot of potentially toxic stuff. Since the guys had such a hard time to get laid prior and now they are pulling some tail, it blows their mind and they see the whole thing as deserving worship and go way the fuck overboard with it.
This.

The two best pieces of "advice" that RedPill has to offer are to take care of yourself (financially, physically, mentally, etc.) and to not let yourself become somebody's (woman or otherwise) doormat i.e. stand up for yourself, have a very low tolerance for putting up with people's bullshit, be confident, etc. If you followonlythose 2 things, you'll see success. All the pseudo-intellectualism and evo-psych psychobabble is where it starts verging into SJW territory of ridiculousness.

It's easy to get caught up in it all, because you'll often see "studies" linked that get interpreted as correlation equaling causation and your ego-investment will think, "Ah hah! It's backed by "science", I must be right!". Most often, it's just confirmation bias at work. However, every now and then some decent psychological information gets linked that I'll usually find pretty fascinating. Most of it is completely unrelated to RedPill, but that never stops them from trying to find a correlation.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So.. update. Spouse moved out into her own apartment and is starting to have a hard time with the custody arrangement we worked out till the divorce hearing. She moved about half an hour away and is stressing about how she has to drive all the way to work then home after work then back to the kids private school then back home every day because it is up here and not near her. So she went to her parents who called me saying it's not fair and maybe I should give up my equal custody and instead give her the kids 5 days a week and let her pull the kids out of private school and put them into a daycare near her.

Because according to her parents it's theright thingto do and that's what the court would decide anyway.

She could have waited till she saved up money and could afford an apartment up here. Or started receiving child support and found a place up here. Or moved in with her parents and saved up money. Or moved in with a friend from work up here. Or her boyfriend (which no one is supposed to know about). Instead she wanted out so bad SHE moved out of the house our kids spent the last 5.5 years in. All over a single verbal (non-physical, I've never laid hands on her) argument.

Yea.. I'm not giving up 50/50 for any reason. The kids private school is expensive but everyone who has interacted with our oldest daughter over the time since she started private school has remarked on just how beneficial it has been for her (including the spouse AND her parents). And it is accredited with licensed teachers and progress tests to focus on each child's weakest areas. Oh and it's safe. My youngest is set to start their in the fall. It's expensive but we researched a LOT of places and performed a LOT of interviews before settling on it and the area my spouse is in now is statically ranked about 50% lower overall. Besides I haven't interviewed any places in that area nor am I interested in taking my kids out of a place which I already know works from the improvement in my oldest daughter. Nevermind that the school system is an automatic never going to happen when the area I live in is significantly better for education.

Anyway needed to vent. This may go to the judges.