Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just for the sake of hearing your point I'll say sure.
The point is you'll probably stop talking to your ex once you find a replacement for her. Which is kind of indicative of not really being over her. Which makes going to visit her a fool's errand.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The point is you'll probably stop talking to your ex once you find a replacement for her. Which is kind of indicative of not really being over her. Which makes going to visit her a fool's errand.
Obviously, I don't see it that way. She's just a good friend, you don't replace a good friend once you get into a relationship with someone. Of course I understand what you're saying and it makes more sense then you'd probably imagine. I do tend to value the friendship that I have with the person I'm seeing above all else, if the person I'm seeing isn't someone who I could see my self being close with as a friend then I probably wont want to be with them. But I don't want to replace my ex, she's a good friend and I like her as just that.

Jilariz_sl

shitlord
I doubt that. This is the entitlement generation at its finest. Redefining boundaries and making the internet tear down old barriers of respect and common decency. It's just not enough to not work hard at a job anymore, you need to have your delicate flower hands held gently and lovingly so nobody ever has their feelings hurt even if it means everyone has to feign interest for the sake of the new way. It's like a cross between the 60s hippies and the mentally challenged working at Burger King. Everybody is your buddy, pal, and friend. In a way it's kind of beautiful, the same way it's nice to watch young children say they're going to marry each other because...oh shit hey now it's time for milk and cookies, life is awesome!

Nobody has the balls to say grow the fuck up anymore. Everything is allowed, and shit like picking your gender even though you were born with a cock and balls just means that in 20 years, it will be normal for people to walk around in public dressed up like Batman, because, that guy feels like he is Batman, so you have to call him Batman now.

14l4zk6.jpg

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I doubt that. This is the entitlement generation at its finest. Redefining boundaries and making the internet tear down old barriers of respect and common decency. It's just not enough to not work hard at a job anymore, you need to have your delicate flower hands held gently and lovingly so nobody ever has their feelings hurt even if it means everyone has to feign interest for the sake of the new way. It's like a cross between the 60s hippies and the mentally challenged working at Burger King. Everybody is your buddy, pal, and friend. In a way it's kind of beautiful, the same way it's nice to watch young children say they're going to marry each other because...oh shit hey now it's time for milk and cookies, life is awesome!

Nobody has the balls to say grow the fuck up anymore. Everything is allowed, and shit like picking your gender even though you were born with a cock and balls just means that in 20 years, it will be normal for people to walk around in public dressed up like Batman, because, that guy feels like he is Batman, so you have to call him Batman now.

14l4zk6.jpg
TL;DR every generation since the dawn of time has believed the generation following them will be our downfall as humans.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider

14l4zk6.jpg
1QQwLTR.jpg

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here you go buddy.

Jilaz_sl said:
We've all got the flu at our house. My girls are so miserable they have reverted to crying how they did when they were babies. One sounds like a duck right now when she talks.

A couple weeks ago I was showing our girls pictures from when they were born. Our daughter with ABS got sad and started crying after she saw a few of her and her hand with the necrotic fingertips. Broke our hearts, all over again.

We're going back to see her orthopaedic surgeon soon to see what she thinks about Web spacing since she now has started the slightest thumb movement. They would cut the skin between her fingers on her little hand so they could have more movement as its kind of grown together. The most realistic goal is for her to have a basic pincer grasp with her thumb and middle finger.

Even though she's slightly handicapped, and this is probably all due to her occupational therapy, she can take off her jacket, shoes, socks, clothes, diaper, all by herself. Her sister struggles with several of those but is almost to the point of being capable of the same. Getting dressed is still a challenge and sometimes hilarious to watch.
Gif:
Skyrim-Deleted-my-Save_o_116462.gif

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not sure what that means. I guess you're just too old for us young whipper snappers.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Here you go buddy.

Gif:
Skyrim-Deleted-my-Save_o_116462.gif
How is that complaining about his wife and kids? wtf are you talking about? He's telling a story about his kid crying being reminded of a handicap, then he praises the kid about how much she can do despite that handicap. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Every single woman I've ever dated was a battle trying to find a balance in communication. I never ignore them but they get concerned when I only respond in simple one liners, in fact it's happening right now with the current gf. I try to communicate more for their sake but it's just something that is a constant issue. They think it means I'm not interested when all it really means is I'm not much of a phone texter/talker.
I get it, in fact I'm that way with all my relationships. Ill go a week two without talking to my close friends and have even hit the month marker without having contact with my sister or parents. If people don't get that I'm not the type to text or want to talk on the phone then usually they don't last to long as friends. With girlfriends I would say talking two to three times a week if you aren't living together is my average.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
How is that complaining about his wife and kids? wtf are you talking about? He's telling a story about his kid crying being reminded of a handicap, then he praises the kid about how much she can do despite that handicap. What the fuck is wrong with you?
You kind of missed the point. If you can't keep up you shouldn't comment on things.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I get it, in fact I'm that way with all my relationships. Ill go a week two without talking to my close friends and have even hit the month marker without having contact with my sister or parents. If people don't get that I'm not the type to text or want to talk on the phone then usually they don't last to long as friends. With girlfriends I would say talking two to three times a week if you aren't living together is my average.
Please share the secret behind having a girlfriend that is ok with just talking 2-3 times a week. Any "exclusive relationship" girlfriend I've had since probably my early 30's has expected almost daily communication, even if it's just a 5 minute phone call. I've pushed for less, but there's no way to do so without breeding insecurity on their part.

I'm 31 and I wouldn't say successful haha. I was with the same woman for seven years then single for a year after divorce. Over the last year I've seen a couple of women with two having issues with the infrequent phone contact and the current one having no issues for it. Before my marriage it pretty much ran the same way. Half the girls had an issue with it, and half didn't. I have no problem getting rid of the former since I'm not going to change my outlook just to continue getting laid on a regular basis. The two to three times a week is phone or electronic style contact for what it's worth. So days where we didn't physically see each other. So I guess when you factor in face time it's more like 4-5 times a week, although sometimes less depending on my mood or the fact that I travelled often early on in my career.

Edit: I think I missed the point of your post. I'm just honest and upfront with my habits in that regard. So the women know they won't be getting daily texts or calls. All of them say they are okay with it, most turn out to not be okay with it. When it becomes obvious that this is going to be an issue then I just go on my merry way. Maybe that will change if I meet someone who just absolutely lights my world on fire and requires more communication. Hasn't happened yet though.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the big thing here that's missing when we're talking is that I don't live near this girl. We live a state away from each other and we don't hang out regularly obviously.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My girlfriend never bitches about communication, but if there wasn't at least a text every 24 hours, we'd both find it strange, I think. I don't talk on the phone unless it's absolutely necessary though. We've been together for around 2.5 years.

My girlfriend never bitches about communication, but if there wasn't at least a text every 24 hours, we'd both find it strange, I think. I don't talk on the phone unless it's absolutely necessary though. We've been together for around 2.5 years.
Most people are like that soy. I often get described as the most extroverted introvert that people have ever met. I am pretty charismatic and fit in with anyone, and when I do go out im comfortable and natural. But my preference is for most people to just leave me alone most of the time so i can do my own thing. Which extends to the long dry periods of contact between myself and others. Just the way I have always been.