Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
How is that complaining about his wife and kids? wtf are you talking about? He's telling a story about his kid crying being reminded of a handicap, then he praises the kid about how much she can do despite that handicap. What the fuck is wrong with you?
Agreed.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
FREEDOM!

So I finally broke up with the girlfriend of almost two years on Friday. I've posted a few times about my relationship in the past, but for those that don't know/remember, the friction in the relationship was based on the fact that she couldn't help but occasionally get drunk, and when she did she would go into full blown homicidal rage mode. I'm talking hours upon hours of her following me around the house raging about crazy shit, spewing below the belt vitriol, and getting borderline violent. Each time she would wake up the next morning with a claim that she can barely remember what she said, cried and apologized profusely, and would swear never to do it again.. Only for it to happen again a month later. I kept holding on as she was truly apologetic, and she wasn't an alcoholic by my accepted definition (someone that drinks frequently), but she just couldn't seem to prevent it from happening for any long term basis. It didn't help that she was super hot, laid back, loved to fuck, and let me smoke weed-- but ultimately I just couldn't fucking deal with the anxiety anymore of not knowing whether she would be coming home drunk from the hairdressers appointment in full blown rage mode. After her last rant six weeks ago or so, I had to issue the final ultimatum that if she got drunk and raged again, the relationship would be over.

So, Friday AM on our way out the door for work she mentioned she had a hairdressers appointment at 7pm, but when I got home from work I had forgotten she had told me, and sent her a text enquiring when she was getting home. Her response was "I have a hairdressers apt, remember?!". I wrote, "totally cool, just forgot" and immediately start thinking of my glorious evening on the couch watching sci-fi and ordering pizza. An hour goes by and I get another txt saying "I can't believe you forgot about my apt", to which I reply "what's the big deal?". No answer. She calls me when she's done at her hairdressers around 9:00 PM, and I can tell she's drunk, as her immediate salutation when I answer the phone is "so, I assume I fucking have to pick you up dinner since you forgot about my hair appointment, what drive-thru do you want!?". I replied "umm, not so sure what you're upset about, there's never been an expectation that you have to feed me, and when you said you were at your hair appointment I just ordered myself dinner, no big deal". "So, did you order ME anything to eat?", she replied. "Uh no, you were at your hair appointment until 9, I assumed you had dinner covered for yourself". *click* goes the phone.. She gets back 30 minutes later and proceeds to keep me up until 3am screaming about nonsensical bullshit and I dump her ass, just like every time she's gone bonkers, except this time I was able to muscle through all the morning tears, apologies, and proclamations of undying love.

I've got two weeks to survive until she moves out and it's already hell. This morning she was talking to my (our?) dog which we bought while we were together, and I had to fight hardcore to keep, and she said "remember who your first mommy was, because your asshole daddy is going to insert some herpes whore as my replacement I'm sure"

Anyways, I'll miss the banging bod and her laid back nature (when not drunk), but god am I looking forward to having my house back to myself again.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Gotta just love how she's the one with the random drunk sociopathic fits, but according to her you're the one who's the asshole.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She'll be trying to reconcile before this two weeks is up.

What's up with this bitch and the hairdresser? Does her salon have a bar in it?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably, women go out to the hair dresser to drink wine and gossip and shit. It's one of the most basic things I've ever seen.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
She'll be trying to reconcile before this two weeks is up.

What's up with this bitch and the hairdresser? Does her salon have a bar in it?
She's already tried multiple times and I won't bend. It takes me a loooong time to make relationship decisions, but when I do I don't go back. Though she never really did it much before, I've started to get nudie-selfie txt messages from her saying "I miss/love you", "I want to fuck you right now", etc.. God, women are so bizarre. If anything, the txts just turn me off more at this point.

And yes, both her hairdresser and nail salon have full blown fucking bars lol..

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Some of the biggest idiots I know have kids. That's a really bad measurement for anything.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Some of the biggest idiots I know have kids. That's a really bad measurement for anything.
All 30 year old plus people I know that are still "children" are idiots. The percentage of people with kids being idiots compared to 30 year olds that haven't grown up being idiots is quite lower. Sutekh is a child and doesn't get it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a lot of people that have kids and are also childish! At least Sut isn't passing on his weird relationship habits to any kids.

Oh shit, I just figured it out. New hubby is impotent. They plan to get Sut over there, ply him with kirschwasser, have him impregnate the ex, and send him on his merry way back across the pond.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
All 30 year old plus people I know that are still "children" are idiots. The percentage of people with kids being idiots compared to 30 year olds that haven't grown up being idiots is quite lower. Sutekh is a child and doesn't get it.
If you check the demographics as to who has children, you'll find educated and successful people at the bottom of the list, while the poor/stupid rank at the top with the most. "Making" children is one of the few things in life that costs $0, while preventing it actually requires some forethought and a few dollars.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My facebook feed indicates it takes zero mental capacity to pop a kid out

Khane

Got something right about marriage
She's already tried multiple times and I won't bend. It takes me a loooong time to make relationship decisions, but when I do I don't go back. Though she never really did it much before, I've started to get nudie-selfie txt messages from her saying "I miss/love you", "I want to fuck you right now", etc.. God, women are so bizarre. If anything, the txts just turn me off more at this point.

And yes, both her hairdresser and nail salon have full blown fucking bars lol..
I went on a first date with a hairdresser once that turned into the worst date I've ever been on. Somehow we got to talking about boxed wine and I mentioned that the Black Box Cab actually isn't bad and is a good deal for the money, let her know I'm a savvy consumer ya know? She told me that's all they drink at the salon. I said "huh?" and she started explaining that they have a full selection of various boxed wines and "shot liquor" at her salon and they just drink and bullshit all day. Eh, whatever.

Then we start playing pool next to a group of hispanic men, one of them had his jacket on the table we were going to use and as I put my drink down she's bitching in my ear "Great, you can never get these people to fucking leave you alone". I thought she was kidding and didn't want to cause a scene so I just asked the dude if he could move his coat and we played some pool. The entire time she kept making comments and I don't know why I didn't just leave honestly but it got to the point where she started saying the shit loud enough that they could obviously hear her. Final breaking point was when she said "At least they aren't American Inventors" at which point I left. She actually followed me outside and tried to make out with me. At which point I had the most confusing boner of my life because my brain was sayin "Bro...this bitch is fucking nuts... and a racist piece of shit" while my dick was saying "BRO!! This bitch is fucking nuts..AND HOT... AND READY TO GO"

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Stupid people pop out kids but you are missing the point.

If you are still a child at 30 you are an idiot. If you have kids at 30 you 'might' be an idiot. Sutekh is a child.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I went on a first date with a hairdresser once that turned into the worst date I've ever been on. Somehow we got to talking about boxed wine and I mentioned that the Black Box Cab actually isn't bad and is a good deal for the money, let her know I'm a savvy consumer ya know? She told me that's all they drink at the salon. I said "huh?" and she started explaining that they have a full selection of various boxed wines and "shot liquor" at her salon and they just drink and bullshit all day. Eh, whatever.

Then we start playing pool next to a group of hispanic men, one of them had his jacket on the table we were going to use and as I put my drink down she's bitching in my ear "Great, you can never get these people to fucking leave you alone". I thought she was kidding and didn't want to cause a scene so I just asked the dude if he could move his coat and we played some pool. The entire time she kept making comments and I don't know why I didn't just leave honestly but it got to the point where she started saying the shit loud enough that they could obviously hear her. Final breaking point was when she said "At least they aren't American Inventors" at which point I left. She actually followed me outside and tried to make out with me. At which point I had the most confusing boner of my life because my brain was sayin "Bro...this bitch is fucking nuts... and a racist piece of shit" while my dick was saying "BRO!! This bitch is fucking nuts..AND HOT... AND READY TO GO"
Yeah, the sex/pics/dirty-talk seem to be the female equivalent of a "Hail Mary" when they've run out of other options to save a situation. This isn't the first time I've had a chick try and use her body as a means to salvage a situation or relationship. Years ago I broke it off with a chick that swore throughout the relationship that she never has, nor would ever do anal. Well, when I broke things off with her she wanted one last fuck "to say goodbye", and right out of the bedroom-gate said "put it in my ass, I've been bad".

Shrug, maybe it works on some guys, but I personally find it insulting-- as if I have zero self control or something. Plus, in this case she's very hot, and it's the first ever scenario where I became so resentful of the other person that towards the end I didn't want to fuck her no matter how attractive she was.. I spent months thinking it was all low testosterone related, but in reality I just couldn't fucking stand her anymore.. It was a bit of an epiphany to be honest, because I always thought the dick would work no matter what came out of their mouths, but that didn't turn out to be the case..

But I get where you're coming from when the chick is new and saying crazy shit but is hot. I have a post/story in this thread about some super hot chick I went out on a date with that was fucking crazy (insulted my sisters because two are gay), and I could have fucked her, and in that case I was extremely conflicted because I hadn't banged her before and didn't have two years worth of resentment building baggage to wade through.