Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I believe that Onoes has it 100% correct on this.
Well shit, now I've seen everything.
wink.png

Sounds like you're doing the right thing no matter the reason though, sorry you're having to go through that though man.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, your thought is the only one that made even an ounce of sense to me here. So I asked about it while I was settling the lease shit and here we are, "our relationship was an 8/10 and I want a 10/10." She said that exact fucking line. But for some reason the idea doesn't cross her mind that she isn't looking beyond her nose at the positives of this one guy and overlooking all flaws while looking at my flaws and outright ignoring every positive we had.

Beer will be had today. It's like the "always other options" concept of the 21st century dating game is some real shit. Albeit stupid fucking shit. Something tells me that a few of you are right and I will be called up again here in a month or two.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Better now than later. You're still young and rich. Plenty of fish in the sea. Or plates or whatever.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bro Imma drink a couple for you today, also. That is some hard shit. A few years from now you will be thankful it happened sooner rather than later though.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Yeah, your thought is the only one that made even an ounce of sense to me here. So I asked about it while I was settling the lease shit and here we are, "our relationship was an 8/10 and I want a 10/10." She said that exact fucking line. But for some reason the idea that she isn't looking beyond her nose at the positives of this one guy and overlooking all flaws while looking at my flaws and outright ignoring every positive we had.

Beer will be had today. It's like the "always other options" concept of the 21st century dating game is some real shit. Albeit stupid fucking shit.
Dude, you're trying to understand her rationally. Stop. It has nothing to do with comparingguy1: abc flaws, guy2: xyz flawsin her mind. You're using logic to try and understand her, which guys always make the mistake of doing. This guy gave her more vag tingles than you did - that's it. That's all. Some band-playing druggie that lives with his mother who lives down the street could give her more vag tingles than you do, and she'd be saying and doing the same thing. NEVER listen to what women say; you always watch what they do. If it's not this Aussie, it'll be someone else. You cannot understand her behavior using logic.

If the term 'plate' scares or offends you or whatever, then substitute fuckbuddy.

Beer will be had today. It's like the "always other options" concept of the 21st century dating game is some real shit. Albeit stupid fucking shit. Something tells me that a few of you are right and I will be called up again here in a month or two.
It's called hypergamy. Welcome to the Game.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Dude, you're trying to understand her rationally. Stop. It has nothing to do with comparingguy1: abc flaws, guy2: xyz flawsin her mind. You're using logic to try and understand her, which guys always make the mistake of doing. This guy gave her more vag tingles than you did - that's it. That's all. Some band-playing druggie that lives with his mother who lives down the street could give her more vag tingles than you do, and she'd be saying and doing the same thing. NEVER listen to what women say; you always watch what they do. If it's not this Aussie, it'll be someone else. You cannot understand her behavior using logic.

If the term 'plate' scares or offends you or whatever, then substitute fuckbuddy.

It's called hypergamy. Welcome to the Game.
HxqNuXw.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Dumar, please shut up. A lot of us did play the "bang everything that walks" game in our youth. Which is what this RP thing appears to be about. And that's all well and good. Lord knows I was an asshole on the hunt when I was 21.

But when it comes to actually having a relationship. You're not going to get many places treating your partner like shit and even I know that isn't how you build a relationship.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I didn't mention RP, but that's not what it's about - it's about everything else as well, especially LT relationships, which you do not have.

Don't take my advice; go propose to her.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Because those are the two alternatives: take Dumar's stupid ass advice or go propose to every woman who makes eye contact.

Dumar, god dammit

Dumar_sl

shitlord
If you want to keep her long-term, then you do exactly as I outlined above. You already fucked up once by asking her why.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
In this thread: Dumar is going to teach us all how to have successful long term relationships. Teach away, bro.

palpatine-laughing-the-truth-behind-star-wars-are-the-sith-really-evil.gif

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I'm not writing paragraphs - I'll be banned or whatever because it hurts people's ego-invested worldviews too much. I told him what to do if he wants to keep her long-term.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
What's the longest relationship you've had Dumar?
Including Norma Bates or just all the others?

so you had a single 2 and a half year relationship in college and you feel qualified to lecture your online bros about how to win at relationships?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
2 and a half years, end of college.
Cool.

Maybe wait till you've been in a relationship almost ten times that long before giving people advice on how to maintain long term relationships, is all I'm saying.

Source: Edging up on 20 years in the same relationship here. There is absolutely no advice anyone can give. Every relationship dynamic is different, because every relationship is the result of two different people's interactions with one another, often in unseen quarters by outsiders.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Well sure, but whether the relationship is 20 years or 2, there is still behaviors you need to do to maintain attractiveness. But there is advice you can give though: because we understand the nature of women, of men, and of interpersonal relationships.

The net/social media has changed the game completely; women have what they perceive as a better option literally right at their fingertips - thousands of them. You can't just relax and not be on point anymore like even 10 or 15 years ago. You gotta stay attractive. For this one particular guy, he's trying to understand his woman's choice with rationality - can't do that. It'll just lead to frustration and no understanding.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well sure, but whether the relationship is 20 years or 2, there is still behaviors you need to do to maintain attractiveness.

The net/social media has changed the game completely; women have what they perceive as a better option literally right at their fingertips - thousands of them. You can't just relax and not be on point anymore like even 10 or 15 years ago. You gotta stay attractive. For this one particular guy, he's trying to understand his woman's choice with rationality - can't do that. It'll just lead to frustration and no understanding.
Yeah, sure. Where'd you read that shit?