Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I think anytime you're dealing with an overseas bride that sees the marriage as somewhat transactional (citizenship in exchange for pussy) you're going to deal with a certain amount of crazy because she's not "in love" with you the same way as you are. Eastern european and third-world asians (Thai, Filipino, etc) in particular don't mind this transactional relationship but punish you for it at the same time which is shitty.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
McCheese, I dated a girl from the Philippines once and god damn does your story carry so many parallels!!
Yeah, and I know someone dating a girl from the local trailer park who's story has a lot of parallels too. Fucker won't listen to us telling him to get out.

McCheese, you are a pussy for not posting the message for us to read. Even if you skip reading it yourself, you should post it. But hey, at least you know she didn't die without you.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My girlfriend is also Filipino, but she's been a citizen since like 99, so I'm not worried about being used for green card. She may be crazy though. That can take years to gestate.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
My wife has been here since she was 3. I can't tolerate FOB's.

McCheese, I dated a girl from the Philippines once and god damn does your story carry so many parallels!! All the way up to and including these "episodes" of passing out from some mystery condition that remarkably only happened during fights where I threatened to leave. Crazy insecure and jealousy were par for the course.

I had the added difficulty that she was living with me here in Qatar (Middle East) where it is against the law to co-habitate with a member of the opposite sex unless they are family or a spouse. So basically I went through a few month period where I literally felt like I was trapped in my own damn house. Any normal place on earth, I would have called the cops because she flat out refused to leave. That wasn't an option. In the end, I had to go through some fucked up process of getting her out of the county (back to her home) on a visa run and pretend my local sponsor was transferring her work visa to his company. Obviously there was no return visa in place and she was stuck back in the Phillippines.

Fast forward 3 months later, I am home sleeping in the middle of the night and bitch is standing over top of me in my bedroom in the dark at 2am. She changed her passport back home in order to get back into the country, broke into my villa in the middle of the night and stood there in tears asking me to take her back.

Then I was back to square one with this crazy bitch in my house and couldn't call the cops!

That woman was a god damn nightmare!
Did you at least get laid that night?

I've never met that type of crazy. How the help were there not early warning signs?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh there was a whole slew of shit that happened leading up to it. So much crazy that you only hear 2nd and 3rd hand stories about. Prior to that relationship, my perception of crazy was just the typical "women get a tad emotionally irrational from time to time". Then all this shit went down with this girl and I learned the hard lesson that there is absolute certifiable crazy out there that have quite the deceiving facade of normality. By the time you figure out what the fuck is going on, you have fallen deep into the rabbit hole.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
So in this thread we have established that nurses are crazy and Filipino women are crazy and since all Filipino women are nurses, we have achieved full stereotype harmony. Congrats everyone.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
My stepdad has co-habituated with a Philipino chick for about 15 years, and she's bangmaid gold. He considers his marriages to western women (including my mom) to have been his biggest life mistakes, and wish he had gone Import Asian far sooner. She's just happy he brings home the bacon and puts a roof over her head, but other than that he does whatever the hell he wants without complaint.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You make it sound very transactional. Do they have anything in common or is it very much a sex/cleaning for money/shelter exchange?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My stepdad has co-habituated with a Philipino chick for about 15 years, and she's bangmaid gold. He considers his marriages to western women (including my mom) to have been his biggest life mistakes, and wish he had gone Import Asian far sooner. She's just happy he brings home the bacon and puts a roof over her head, but other than that he does whatever the hell he wants without complaint.
Since it sounds like your dad may view women as nothing more than walking vaginas there may be a good reason he hasn't found a healthy relationship with someone who isn't with him because she has no other option