Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been looking for so mething to do for my wife who's been carrying our child for 8 months. She isn't into flowers and has a cabinet filled with candy
Could be as simple as getting some chick flick she wants to see from RedBox

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Come home and cook dinner, maybe rub her feet massage whatever aches. Also ask her how her day went!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've been looking for so mething to do for my wife who's been carrying our child for 8 months. She isn't into flowers and has a cabinet filled with candy
Quit raiding altogether. For me, it wasn't the raiding itself that was the problem, but the inconvenience of the raid schedule. I still play lots of video games, but most of them are pausable or easily saved and quit if needed. Relationship is much better now and I haven't gotten shit for my video gaming habit in years.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Quit raiding altogether. For me, it wasn't the raiding itself that was the problem, but the inconvenience of the raid schedule. I still play lots of video games, but most of them are pausable or easily saved and quit if needed. Relationship is much better now and I haven't gotten shit for my video gaming habit in years.
Yea as soon as I told my wife I had a set time for video games, there was a look on the face. I don't know why they pitch such a fit over video games but if its a set time to go meet a friend or go play a sport they don't care.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My wife didn't really care about Noodle's WoW raid. It was only a few hours and on Sunday morning/afternoon. I'm sure if I told her I need 3 hours a night 3+ days a week that would be a different story.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
My wife didn't really care about Noodle's WoW raid. It was only a few hours and on Sunday morning/afternoon. I'm sure if I told her I need 3 hours a night 3+ days a week that would be a different story.
You got kids?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea as soon as I told my wife I had a set time for video games, there was a look on the face. I don't know why they pitch such a fit over video games but if its a set time to go meet a friend or go play a sport they don't care.
I'm really bad with time management on the computer and raiding in WoW made it 10x worse. It's still a minor problem where if I have a soft commitment like coming to bed, any time number I give her is wrong. I'll putz around on the computer for a half hour longer, easily. But with raiding, there was now a hard commitment to my computer time that made dealing with my habit really inflexible. So, admittedly, I kinda made her that way, the video game discrimination you're referring to, which I definitely see elsewhere.

Now, I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't expect to raid while married, or whether having to eventually give up raiding is fair or not. But I know you(noodlemod) play other games, so this might be a small token of compromise to give.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Your mom sounds like a jewish-american princess, honestly.
She pretty much was when she was young. The around the world trip broke her from that mold. After the divorce she got her Masters while taking care of two kids on her own, and then opened her own landscape architecture business that she grew to 30 employees. She definitely wasn't the Highland Park "take care of me" mom.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
She pretty much was when she was young. The around the world trip broke her from that mold. After the divorce she got her Masters while taking care of two kids on her own, and then opened her own landscape architecture business that she grew to 30 employees. She definitely wasn't the Highland Park "take care of me" mom.
There's a lot of spoiled moms here (I know a ton of them from my kids schools) but there's a lot of business owning women, lawyers, doctors, economists, and all types of women. The HP stereotype is one way and it's not false for some people, but there's a ton of people that don't fit the mold here too. :p

Khane

Got something right about marriage
One and done is our family rule, even if you have to kill the other person in their sleep to be done (which I have given my wife the go ahead on if she gets tired of my bullshit).
Ya know... I really can't tell if you're joking or not. I don't think you are.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You married a j49 girl?

If I were looking for meth, I'd start with the nearest trailer park.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Bro I got you! This is cheesy as fuck but it is charming and shows you took time to think about her. Go buy a children's book that in someway has a theme that is relevant to your relationship. Then just line through the characters names and write in your name or her name where appropriate. I have done this a few times over the years and it makes my wife so happy.

The first time I did this was in college, my wife played softball and would go on these trips for a week plus. I used the book called something like "Sometimes Elmo Goes Bye Bye" and changed the names around. Even her lesbian teammates dug it, the whole team loved me after that. Thinking back on it I should have probably leveraged that into a threesome, some of the lesbians on her team were really hot.

I have done similar things over the years and even cut out pictures of our faces, our dogs faces and our kids and pasted them in the book. Super cheesy but...

rrr_img_93978.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Are there any children's books about a husband who becomes morbidly obese due to being forced to eat all the leftovers by himself?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bro's I am raiding on saturday mornings while she's at work, she doesn't care about that. If I quit she'd be sad, she's heavily invested in the success of the guild. As for my other gaming habits, I barely ever play during the week unless we have downtime or she falls asleep early. Usually I just play during the day when she's at work. That part of my life has already been neutered, so cutting out anymore wouldn't really do anything "for us" right now.

The book idea is good.

I cook every night too. I suppose I could put on The Fault in Our Stars (FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)