Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you find your dick is making all your decisions for you, you really need to rub one out then re-think things. The dick can't lie when it's not loaded.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Why does she have to like video games? It isn't very hard. Just find a girl who lists reading, movies and TV as interests on her profile. If she lists "clubbing, hanging out with friends, bars, concerts" as her interests and then you pull the "omg I just want to stay at home!" card two years later thats on you not her.
Unless I'm playing something really immersive (like Bravely Default, Transistor, or Undertale), I really don't like playing games by myself. I need to be doing something multiplayer, or at the very least be on headset with someone or be in the same room as someone else who is playing a videogame. If she's reading a book, she probably doesn't want to hear me talk about how bullcrap some boss's mechanics are.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is shit I establish right from the get-go in all my relationships. I make sure chicks know that I'm going to spend time alone, gaming, doing whatever. My girlfriend knows I'm not going to watch her shitty movies(unless it's a special occasion). If it's a problem later on, then fuck her. I've had chicks who were fine with it and some who weren't. The ones who aren't, aren't a match, so 'see ya'. My current girlfriend is the only one I've dated with a kid, so it's not a kid thing. It's establishing exactly how you are and what you're into from the very start.
I've never been able to get through to a woman, no matter how emphatic I am about my hobbies and habits, how things are when you're with me. I'm completely up front about it, but it still always shocks them when they live through it. I'm not sure how it's ever worked for you to be honest.

They have ALL not been cool with it and it's never been a surprise I sprung on them. The problem is there are two different version of me. Summer Khane and winter Khane. So unless they move in with me the day we start dating seriously and have those kinds of conversations it might be years before they ever fully see it in a cohabitation situation. They must think summer Khane is relationship Khane and winter Khane is single Khane. Then they find out that's not true at all. They know I play video games, they know that right away. I tell them how much I do as well. They just don't believe me.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I'm not very gracious when it comes to dealing with a woman who suddenly needs my attention the second I sit down at my computer simply because she doesn't like that I want to play a video game by myself. .
Haha this has always driven me absolutely crazy, and every fucking chick does it. You can spend the whole fucking day walking around the house, but the minute you sit down to play computer out comes the "I need you to help me with X", or "you need to go do X" or "let's go somewhere". Makes me rage.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm convinced Sony added that little beep to the PS3 start up simply to attract women to hassle men

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Haha this has always driven me absolutely crazy, and every fucking chick does it. You can spend the whole fucking day walking around the house, but the minute you sit down to play computer out comes the "I need you to help me with X", or "you need to go do X" or "let's go somewhere". Makes me rage.
You should just demand sex at that moment. Then if she says no, you can go "well I guess you didn't really want to spend time with me." And if she says yes, well, had sex.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Back when I used to raid on saturday mornings my wife was also working - but she was on a rotating shift so once every 5 weeks she was home. Always wanted me to "pause the raid" to help bring in groceries.

Fuckin' women, right?

Tenks

When my wife calls me when she gets off work and I don't answer she just assumes I'm playing Starcraft. She used to get pissy but doesn't seem to care anymore. She now knows just don't call me at 5:30.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Women are the hipsters of noob. Noobing it up before noob even existed.

Tenks

Back when I used to raid on saturday mornings my wife was also working - but she was on a rotating shift so once every 5 weeks she was home. Always wanted me to "pause the raid" to help bring in groceries.

Fuckin' women, right?
You played a DK you could just set up blood boil on one of those little bird things that pecks every 2 seconds and help out your woman

Tenks

Why can't my girlfriend be a lazy pot smoking gamer girl who is ambitious and driven and makes $120k a year and also is a fantastic mother who loves cooking and giving ample blowjobs? Am I being unreasonable here?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Why can't my girlfriend be a lazy pot smoking gamer girl who is ambitious and driven and makes $120k a year and also is a fantastic mother who loves cooking and giving ample blowjobs? Am I being unreasonable here?
Fair disclosure... my wife hates video games, which is ok these days because I don't really play anything anymore. I was raiding when she went into labor with our second child. I had to say in vent "oh shit, water just broke, gotta go to the hospital. Hearthing." Hah.

She's not that ambitious, she works in finance at a large company. She's turned down promotions because she doesn't want to manage people. She hates people. But her job pays pretty well, low 6 figures.

She's kind of a crap mother and doesn't pay attention to the kids enough. She's not mean to them or anything, she's just not very attentive. Typical asian tiger mom with the expectations, but she doesn't hold their hand or blow on their boo-boo's. Luckily my kids are all boys and we do all the man stuff together.

She does cook but it's just the basics. But I am totally not a foodie and will eat the same thing everyday. No fucks given.

Everything is a tradeoff. Nobody's perfect.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I'm an ambitious gamer boy that likes smoking weed, makes more than that, am a great cook, and loves eating poon. Not sure about the mothering part though. There are the "wake and bake" types that go nowhere in life, and there are the working professionals that know the time and place for it.

EDIT: And I don't have an income requirement. As long as she doesn't have a totally shitty job and enjoys what she does I'm happy. Where salary discrepancy *can* irritate me is when they take your far higher income for granted and show no appreciation/reciprocation for the things it allows them to experience.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Where salary discrepancy *can* irritate me is when they take your far higher income for granted and show no appreciation/reciprocation for the things it allows them to experience.
Translation: Every $10k more he makes than her should equate to an extra blowjob-on-demand per week.