Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Frenzied Wombat_sl said:
If you're average height or taller, then put your height as well.
I'm legit 5'9", and can pretty easily pass for an inch or two taller because everyone else lies about it and I've got good posture. That's actually one thing I've noticed: some chicks will say "no one under X" or whatever, while others make comments in their profiles that they don't care how tall you are and they don't get why guys are mentioning it in their profiles. Can't win or lose, as usual! Up to this point I've left it out of my profile, as it's neither a big qualifier or disqualifier given I'm pretty much average height.

Tenks_sl said:
You can rarely qualify yourself with a single sentence but a single sentence can sure as fuck disqualify you.
Yeah, that was my thinking as well. Hence why I kept my description of myself pretty short and just listed some hobbies that could potentially serve as conversation jumping off points, and didn't bother putting anything about what the woman is or isn't supposed to be.

Frenzied Wombat_sl said:
Oh yeah, and NEVER fall for the pretty face pics with no body shots. It's a TRAP.
Yeah, any half intelligent dude knows that shit. It's a shame too, as some of them really do have pretty faces. But I just really don't find fat or even chubby chicks attractive. It's not just the physical aspect. I think that being significantly overweight is a significant character flaw as well. A few extra pounds is fine because hey even I'm rocking a few extra, but if her arms are bigger than mine from the fat then no thanks.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
What's your guys' opinion on the profile text on Tinder? Obviously I haven't been looking at dudes profiles, but on chicks there's everything from nothing, to just the standard "this is who I am and this is who I hope you are" stuff, to odd sequences of emojis, to actually fairly creative and amusing shit. Mine is pretty straightforward, as when I first set it up I didn't feel like spending much time or thought on it. I doubt it would make any significant difference, most women are likely just swiping based on the first picture that comes up, but feel free to critique:
Here's mine:

"Let's match then you can seem totally uninterested or never respond. I can sit here with my thumb up my ass wondering why I'm even here?

Come on it'll be a blast.... of napalm to the face."

I've actually started matching more now than with a semi-description filled text.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Disclaimer: I do not take any of this online dating shit seriously in the least bit. I've had over 1500 matches. It's retarded.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I'm legit 5'9", and can pretty easily pass for an inch or two taller because everyone else lies about it and I've got good posture. That's actually one thing I've noticed: some chicks will say "no one under X" or whatever, while others make comments in their profiles that they don't care how tall you are and they don't get why guys are mentioning it in their profiles. Can't win or lose, as usual! Up to this point I've left it out of my profile, as it's neither a big qualifier or disqualifier given I'm pretty much average height.

Yeah, that was my thinking as well. Hence why I kept my description of myself pretty short and just listed some hobbies that could potentially serve as conversation jumping off points, and didn't bother putting anything about what the woman is or isn't supposed to be.

Yeah, any half intelligent dude knows that shit. It's a shame too, as some of them really do have pretty faces. But I just really don't find fat or even chubby chicks attractive. It's not just the physical aspect. I think that being significantly overweight is a significant character flaw as well. A few extra pounds is fine because hey even I'm rocking a few extra, but if her arms are bigger than mine from the fat then no thanks.
Leave your height out then, as it only really starts to have a positive influence at around 6'+. I'm 5'8" and when I put my height in my profile my matches went to shit. If you leave it out they will *eventually* ask you, but by then you've hopefully attracted their interest and it doesn't matter as much. You'll still run into the occasional "oh, sorry, I should have asked sooner, but I need a man 4" taller than me because I like to wear heels" which is definitely a bruise to the ego, but overall the net benefit of leaving it out is greater than putting it in your profile.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Leave your height out then, as it only really starts to have a positive influence at around 6'+. I'm 5'8" and when I put my height in my profile my matches went to shit. If you leave it out they will *eventually* ask you, but by then you've hopefully attracted their interest and it doesn't matter as much. You'll still run into the occasional "oh, sorry, I should have asked sooner, but I need a man 4" taller than me because I like to wear heels" which is definitely a bruise to the ego, but overall the net benefit of leaving it out is greater than putting it in your profile.
Hey FW lets meetup and get a drink so you can look insanely short standing next to me...

biggrin.png

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Hey FW lets meetup and get a drink so you can look insanely short standing next to me...

biggrin.png
You and mostly everybody else in Texas CadLawBro, I'm used to it. People up North are definitely shorter on average, especially the women. But thankfully my dashing looks and large pocketbook make up for it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, is friend hot?

Anyways, I created a Bumble today just to see what it was like...the women on there are much hotter than what I was seeing on Tinder.