Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It doesn't from my experience, my short experience had plenty of matches but they would never talk to me. One girl also matched with me on tinder and I messaged her and she was into it and gave me her number in no time. Girls suck at sending the first message.

I also avoid canned lines since any girl with half a brain sees through those in a second.
Yeah, one more Tinder pro-tip. Never let the back and forth messaging drag on-- as soon as she shows interest and you've gotten basic details out of the way, hit her up for her number, particularly after an exchange that elicits a smiley face or positive response.. If you drag the exchange on too long you risk losing her out of either boredom, or because someone else started Tinder messaging her that is more interesting.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Not to mention, if she won't give up the digits, you can move on quickly to someone else.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Also, all women want to know what a man's dick looks like. So keep that in mind.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yes, send them dick pics as your opener. May as well just speed up the process.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do you guys take a bunch, like one where your dick is on a towel at the beach, one sitting in a chair at the movies, one riding a bike, etc?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yes. I think the only rule is don't take a picture of your dick in front of your car.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
If it's a Firebird, you don't need a dating app to get laid. They'll flock to you.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm aware, I was asking because of Bumble.

I have 6 matches so far, none have sent messages. LoL
I mean ... did you miss the entire conversation on how people use Tinder/Bumble? Match everyone then filter out when mutual matches occur. You got filtered. No need to take it personally its all a game of numbers.

Tenks

Yeah, one more Tinder pro-tip. Never let the back and forth messaging drag on-- as soon as she shows interest and you've gotten basic details out of the way, hit her up for her number, particularly after an exchange that elicits a smiley face or positive response.. If you drag the exchange on too long you risk losing her out of either boredom, or because someone else started Tinder messaging her that is more interesting.
Wombat is giving out really good online dating advice in general here. This isn't exclusive to Tinder from my experiences.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I mean ... did you miss the entire conversation on how people use Tinder/Bumble? Match everyone then filter out when mutual matches occur. You got filtered. No need to take it personally its all a game of numbers.
Yeah I suppose, I didn't think of it that way. One did message me, I extended the match and she shot me a response saying she didn't know she had to message me first.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I went back and checked my msg exchanges. I averaged ~25 messages before asking for (and typically receiving) digits. IIRC, my current girlfriend told me she thought I was never going to ask for her damn number. Heh.

I think FW is right on this one. If they are talking to you for a few messages, they want to exchange #s.

Tenks

My rule of thumb when I did traditional online dating was 3 message exchanges I ask for her number / make real plans. Sometimes it would happen sooner but 3 was my hard cut-off. And she she skirted around it I'd just drop the communication because I didn't feel like wasting my time.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I went back and checked my msg exchanges. I averaged ~25 messages before asking for (and typically receiving) digits. IIRC, my current girlfriend told me she thought I was never going to ask for her damn number. Heh.

I think FW is right on this one. If they are talking to you for a few messages, they want to exchange #s.
Honestly, there's very little risk in asking for it too soon. The worst she'll say is "I prefer to keep talking in this app for now", at which point you reply with something along the lines of "oh, It's probably for the best, my ankle bracelet just started beeping for some reason so it's not the best time to talk". You'll either get her number right after that, or soon after.. Also, the older the woman the more likely she is to cut to the chase and want you to ask for her number asap.. If she's 35 plus you can pretty much ask for it after the initial exchange, especially if you say something like "I'm old fashioned and like to talk on the phone". That's a guaranteed win with the older crowd.