Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So, I've been dating this girl for a few months now. Things are going pretty well, despite the fact that it's a long distance relationship (different continent type of distance) but despite that I've been able to visit her, and she has come to visit me, and end up having a very nice time together. Sure, she's given me a bit of grief two or three times about some stupid detail (like how I couldn't tell she had been a bit worried about some problem I wasn't even aware of), so she's not perfect, but it's never been something that has set off a major red flag warning yet.

And yet, I don't know why, I feel like she's been lying to me or hiding something from me. I don't know what about, but something. Something in my gut is telling me to be weary, but I have absolute zero evidence for this or anything like it. Fuck!

Anyway, I thought I'd get that off my chest, and as a possible introduction to some bigger story.

Pass on the LDR they never work and just blind you from other things that are more fun and a lot less effort.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah unless there is a concrete plan to get together more permanently already worked out, there is nothing but failure ahead. This is not to say they can't be a friend you hook up with when they blow through town every once in a while, but trying to build a relationship over a distance with no firm plans to move closer is a road to major heartbreak.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Antilles

Idiot Savaunt
My wife and I started long distance. That lasted for about six months, after which she found a way to move out to me. We spent those six months visiting each other trying to work out a way for one of us to move, and now here we are almost ten years later.

It can definitely work out but you absolutely have to be serious about closing the distance and doing it sooner than later. If there are no long term plans for someone to relocate then yeah, no point in getting too serious with her.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't listen to Hatorade. I've been with my girlfriend for 12 years in an LDR. I've been sending her money every month and I'm hoping to finally meet her next year!

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't listen to Hatorade. I've been with my girlfriend for 12 years in an LDR. I've been sending her money every month and I'm hoping to finally meet her next year!

That you were able to impregnate her through telepathy is the impressive part. I mean, she told you she never talks to other guys and chicks never lie. Soygen has mind powers.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
That you were able to impregnate her through telepathy is the impressive part. I mean, she told you she never talks to other guys and chicks never lie. Soygen has mind powers.
What can I say? My dick has reach.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
people are rational.

I'd like to know from the chicks who post here if they think girls are rational when it comes to relationships. It seems to pretty unanimous amongst the guys that they're not (not counting panface).

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
That is a very big question to which there is no simple answer. Additionally, the answers proffered would be from such a minute sample of the population they would carry little weight.

(This is how I side-step...did it work?)

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to know from the chicks who post here if they think girls are rational when it comes to relationships. It seems to pretty unanimous amongst the guys that they're not (not counting panface).

That is a very big question to which there is no simple answer. Additionally, the answers proffered would be from such a minute sample of the population they would carry little weight.

10-times-mr-spock-blinded-us-with-brilliant-logic-10-photos-5.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

This feeds nicely into the whole women hate other women trope, since the obvious conclusion is you have very few female friends as a result of disliking most other women, hence the small sample size.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

It's actually a fairly direct answer to my question. I just had to read it twice to get it.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Someone posted this on Facebook, obviously because of how outdated it sounds. I thought these all sound pretty reasonable if you're a jobless stay-at-home wife. Noodle, share this with your wife.

bTujHeI.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I told my wife that if she ever becomes a stay at home wife, I'm retired from everything that isn't Going to work. She better turn into Betty Draper.

• 3Solidarity

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
OK...the sample size to which I was referring was the number of "girls" here at the FoH...although I may include some of you in that now.
There is NO simple answer to that question because of the multitude of variables...demographics and biographics alone are a tangled web.

If you were to ask each of us directly and individually how we in our lives behave, whether it be from a "rational" or ....I am guessing "emotional" point of view, we could give an answer...or maybe not.

I want sausage onion and jalapeno pizza and a bottle of malbec.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Man, I hate onion on pizza(but I love onion in general).

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Someone posted this on Facebook, obviously because of how outdated it sounds. I thought these all sound pretty reasonable if you're a jobless stay-at-home wife. Noodle, share this with your wife.

The tips are over the top on subservience. On the other hand, my girlfriend & I both work and she often is home first. I had to tell her that when I walk in the door is not the time to launch into a long talk about everything that needs to get done or whatever else is going on.

You had the chance to set your stuff down, sit down and unwind for 10-15 mins. Give me the same courtesy.