Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sometimes post partum can be hard to put into words, if it is that. You're being a bit too hard on her.
I don't know how I'm being hard on her. Venting here? Sure. But it's not like im walking around the house bemoaning about my lack of getting laid. If anything I act supportive about it

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
This one hurts because of the truth

View attachment 152860

I joke a lot about Lindz but I feel like people really think I stalk her and zaara it something. I do love my wife and im not a cheater, although if people jerk off to the idea of a forum affair I won't kill that.

My wife would definitely have had a total fit about that and cleaned all of it. My house is fucking spotless, and if I go around and tilt things 2 degrees off kilter she notices the first time she walks by. It's fucking creepy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd prefer your wife man. I'm having anxiety about this shit.

The worst is when she invites people over. Even if I don't know or like them I get anxiety because of how it looks. I'll do anything in my power to not be home.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'd prefer your wife man. I'm having anxiety about this shit.

The worst is when she invites people over. Even if I don't know or like them I get anxiety because of how it looks. I'll do anything in my power to not be home.

I have the reverse because my wife won't invite anybody over, and then when she does won't let them touch anything, gives them paper plates to eat on because she doesn't want to dirty up our good dishes (why fucking have them then?) and goes around sweeping where they've been sitting after they get up. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't embarrassing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ok the paper plates things and sweeping would be mildly insulting if I were over someone's house. As equally insulting as brushing aside random shit on a table.for them to have a place

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Ok the paper plates things and sweeping would be mildly insulting if I were over someone's house. As equally insulting as brushing aside random shit on a table.for them to have a place

On the plus side it means I don't have people hanging around my house often.

Haha. We do get invited places a lot and she is normal at their house. :)

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
My wife and I keep the living area clean but I do bitch at her about getting rid of old things - attic (third floor) is packed with her old shit and also have some crap in the garage. It would bleed over into other rooms if I didn't

My brothers wife is crazy OCD about cleaning. Gets it honest from her mother. We were down visiting for the holidays and she and her mother had dueling vacuums going on regularly. Doesn't bug me - I just laugh and give my brother hell. But hey his tables are tidy and clean.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lindz

#DDs
If only it was "just clean shit up" for me. I mean that would be lovely, but there is so much stuff my husband doesn't even see that needs to get done. If it's on a list maybe sometimes he'll do some but there is so much shit I can't put on a list. Like today I did a ton of laundry and noticed my kids drawers were getting full, so I sorted through them, donated a bunch, tossed other stuff in the garbage. Our dog was getting really matted so I spent half an hour brushing her out and cutting out the mats. Then I called around to get estimates for a new fence and emailed middle daughter's teacher. None of that is shit I can put on a list, but it's just stuff that needs to get done.

I mean I don't blame him - I've been the one managing the house for ten years so I know the transition is going to take a bit. But like... I'm exhausted. I'd be totally fine doing all this shit if he was picking up more of the other stuff.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is there some sort of weird rule in your house about what you can and can't write down on a piece of paper?

Because I'm pretty sure you just gave us all a list of what you can't put on a list.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

lindz

#DDs
But none of that is stuff I knew I needed to do until it popped up. Well some of it was, like the fence shit. But the rest is just stuff I come across while doing other stuff. Does that make sense? It's that I think that way - I'll see something that needs to be done that may not have been obvious. And like I said, I'm not blaming him for that. He's never thought that way about household stuff. Maybe I need to just not do it and put it on a list for a later date. I don't know.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ahh yes. Housework. The quantum mechanics of the stay at home mom.

I wouldn't bother trying to teach him, it's hopeless.

lindz

#DDs
I haven't been stay a stay at home mom for years though I've continued to do it while working full time for the last several years. We've had some major changes recently though and we're dividing it now. Or trying to. It's just a tough transition.