Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I don't disagree with you in principle but I'm just stating that not 100% of the time it's a horrible idea.

That's your dick talking.

It's still a horrible idea. Horrible ideas can also work out. It doesn't make them not horrible ideas.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Don’t fuck people you work with, and don’t work with people you fuck. I am pretty sure that’s written in the Bible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chantmaster

Lord Nagafen Raider
Soo.. how important is your job? probably worth the risk...

Whats the worst that can happen, you get tossed out on your ass, probably worth it.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Why does everyone think that dating a co-worker automatically results in job loss? With the exception of dating a manager / subordinate I've never seen it happen once in the 20 years I've been in the work force. And I've seen a lot of co-workers date, breakup, be awkward and do plenty of retarded shit.

That whole "don't dip your pen in company ink," bullshit wasn't supposed to apply to a single person dating another single peer. It was supposed to apply to married men in power who were fucking (probably also married) secretaries in their spare time.

If you are halfway normal, you can date a person who works in the same building as you and turn out just fine.

• 2Like

chantmaster

Lord Nagafen Raider
As long as you are not in direct work related contact, there is not an issue. Here they are.

It's normal to have company policies against it, because it causes issues in project teams, for 360 performance reviews etc.

Example: In your team of 3, your spouce does crappy work, who gets the blame? The last guy.
After a hard breakup, are you going to be doing great work as a team with your ex? When you get kids and one ends up with custody, will it still be great?

It only gets worse if one partner is supervisor, and nobody can complain about the other, but even best case, can the boss fire/reprimand one partner without having issues with the other?

That is why it is in general best if one partner moves to other divisions etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Why does everyone think that dating a co-worker automatically results in job loss? With the exception of dating a manager / subordinate I've never seen it happen once in the 20 years I've been in the work force. And I've seen a lot of co-workers date, breakup, be awkward and do plenty of retarded shit.

That whole "don't dip your pen in company ink," bullshit wasn't supposed to apply to a single person dating another single peer. It was supposed to apply to married men in power who were fucking (probably also married) secretaries in their spare time.

If you are halfway normal, you can date a person who works in the same building as you and turn out just fine.

Stupid drama makes the workplace toxic, mostly. And then whoever's doing the schedule has a pain in their ass. Human nature being what it is, and the tendancy of shit to roll downhill.

But yeah, I don't mean that literally "oops, we broke up" PINKSLIP!

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
As long as you are not in direct work related contact, there is not an issue. Here they are.

It's normal to have company policies against it, because it causes issues in project teams, for 360 performance reviews etc.

Example: In your team of 3, your spouce does crappy work, who gets the blame? The last guy.
After a hard breakup, are you going to be doing great work as a team with your ex? When you get kids and one ends up with custody, will it still be great?

It only gets worse if one partner is supervisor, and nobody can complain about the other, but even best case, can the boss fire/reprimand one partner without having issues with the other?

That is why it is in general best if one partner moves to other divisions etc.

I already stated the obvious (and you restated it) but everyone knows that manager/subordinate relationships are playing with fire. That is not the case here. I'd also agree that being on the same team especially where team work is a major factor for success is probably also a bad idea. But working in the same building with two separate job roles (and I'm assuming different direct managers) isn't really all that risky aside from the workplace drama resulting from a break up. Even with average drama, that likely means maybe one tough year but it's definitely not going to mow down your career like people seem to be conveying.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Why do you pooh pooh workplace drama? That shit is important. I've seen a number of workplace couples. The only ones I can think of where it didn't end with at least 1 of them out of a job were the cases where they were married first. There's one where they may have met at work and got married and 10+ years later are still happy. Actually probably 20+ years because one kid is in college.

It's not always a firing but sometimes it is. In one case the woman quit after a divorce and her friends at work got him fired a few months later. You're a fool to willingly risk that kinda shit. Unless it's a job you don't give a fuck about. I mean if you're a line cook and the new hostess is making doe eyes at you, plow away brotha. Worst case scenario there is you work as a line cook at the restraunt next door. All of the advice against fishing off the company pier assumes you've got a career that you like.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If you work in a restaurant, it is practically a job requirement to date and/or sleep with coworkers.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
An acquaintance of mine dated a girl he worked with on the down low as it was frowned upon. One day someone walked into one of the meeting rooms and saw him grab her butt. When she was asked about it by her boss she claimed sexual harassment, he lost his job and they never spoke again.

Depending on the environment, not worth the risk.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Why do you pooh pooh workplace drama? That shit is important. I've seen a number of workplace couples. The only ones I can think of where it didn't end with at least 1 of them out of a job were the cases where they were married first. There's one where they may have met at work and got married and 10+ years later are still happy. Actually probably 20+ years because one kid is in college.

It's not always a firing but sometimes it is. In one case the woman quit after a divorce and her friends at work got him fired a few months later. You're a fool to willingly risk that kinda shit. Unless it's a job you don't give a fuck about. I mean if you're a line cook and the new hostess is making doe eyes at you, plow away brotha. Worst case scenario there is you work as a line cook at the restraunt next door. All of the advice against fishing off the company pier assumes you've got a career that you like.

I didn't "pooh pooh" it, it's the biggest risk in my opinion. Your experience is completely contrary to mine though. I've never seen anyone get fired that wasn't a manager/subordinate of the person they were dating and I've some seen some real dramatic bullshit work relationships too. I've probably seen more people lose jobs over messy divorces with spouses they don't work with honestly.

I'm not saying go to work and hit on every woman you see, but if I found a girl I was really into at work and the feeling was mutual then I wouldn't let myself be crippled by fear of losing my job if it goes south.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
An acquaintance of mine dated a girl he worked with on the down low as it was frowned upon. One day someone walked into one of the meeting rooms and saw him grab her butt. When she was asked about it by her boss she claimed sexual harassment, he lost his job and they never spoke again.

Depending on the environment, not worth the risk.

Well he did something stupid and got fired for it. If you are one of those people who has to fondle your girl everytime she's in eyeshot then yeah you should never date someone from work. I was also assuming some basic common sense was going to be applied.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well he did something stupid and got fired for it. If you are one of those people who has to fondle your girl everytime she's in eyeshot then yeah you should never date someone from work. I was also assuming some basic common sense was going to be applied.

As the story goes, she initiated it and he was returning the contact. I don't have reason to disbelieve him, he's not the type to tell tales like that and I did meet her when they were hanging out so I know that part was true too.

But whatever, either way, I'd tend to error on the side of caution and just avoid it.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Boob size picked, now just to wait for surgery. I have to admit boob shopping has to be one of the more enjoyable forms of shopping.
IMG-3754 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
As the story goes, she initiated it and he was returning the contact. I don't have reason to disbelieve him, he's not the type to tell tales like that and I did meet her when they were hanging out so I know that part was true too.

But whatever, either way, I'd tend to error on the side of caution and just avoid it.

I'm sure he was a swell guy and got screwed. My point is that you're inviting all kinds of trouble if you start playing grabass at work whether it's a co-worker or not.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Boob size picked, now just to wait for surgery. I have to admit boob shopping has to be one of the more enjoyable forms of shopping.
View attachment 186455

Alright soo..... You're wife already has nice tits. Now that we have a frame of reference, in my personal opinion... I would say no way jose on bigger tits. BUT! I do not like huge double D tits. I feel like they get in the way and start to sag and get disgusting pretty early in life.

I mean shit. What the fuck is she looking for? Those are some nice titties.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I could motorboat those titties thoroughly

Edit: I assumed those were pics of her trying on inserts. If those are her tits now wtf?