Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
22 years ago today I took my Wife out on our first date.

So I'm definitely getting laid tonight. ;)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Jeez, i'm not a straight to fuckin kind of guy but 22 years is an awful long time to wait.

• 18Worf
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 18 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Playing the long game. I can honestly say it's been about the same time the wife and I first got together. I couldn't pick out the date on a calender at all. Lucky to get the season.

Borzak

I didn't know most guys kept track of it other than the wedding date. I thought about it last night. I think it was the fall semester. We really never had a first date. She drove 40 miles to where I lived to bring me some cough syrup. That was our first "date". Close as I could come up with. I do remember the year. Now that I think of it pretty sure I never took the cough syrup either.

Bonus points for pulling off the wost timed joke in the world. Laying in bed, 40 miles from her house/school. On 15 acres alone, no road traffic at all at 2am. "So I don't understand women, that's why I keep them in one pound packages in my freezer". She didn't run screaming. I knew I had a keeper.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I only keep track of it literally because it's the same day. If I have to say how many years I've been married I actually have to think

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
My wife and I keep a tidy house. Its was much easier when I went back to work and the having both kids in school now.

My kids are 7 &5 and we are now pushing chores. It was tough because it is easier to do just do the job. Now we just tell them we cant do any of the fun stuff they want until they finish up. We have missed out on a few kid activities because they were used to waiting us out.

I can say it's well worth it now. They load and unload the dishwasher, keep their rooms clean to include vacuuming and my son can clean his bathroom toilet with no supervision. Hes even packing his lunch for school everyday. We just started working on having them fold their own clothes.

My son even makes breakfast (peanut butter toast) saturday while we sleep in until 8am.

It was a tough few months but hopefully in a few years I'll just pay them to be my cleaning company. 😀

Shark makes an electric steam mop that cleans tile floors really easy. Just buy extra pads and wash them as soon as your finished.

• 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah we're pushing chores hard now on the kids, they're getting better. I think there's two issues with my situation, one is that 2 of my kids have some mental health issues, really only a major issue with my middle girl, getting her to do things can turn into a full day event and when she decides to go hardcore then you aren't getting anything out of them. Second issue is my wife just can't pop the titty out they mouth. Like, our oldest is 10, at 10 I was mowing the lawn and doing dishes and all kinds of shit, she doesn't need to be babied she needs to be challenged and appropriately rewarded. Fucking frustrating.

But they are getting better. I need to be consistent, really, establish a chore routine and a reward system and stick with it. We're come up with like 3 different things and fucked it off each time because it just becomees more work making them clean than it would to just do it myself.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah man I was mowing the lawn, cleaning the bathrooms and vacuuming the entire house every weekend when I was 10

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Wife made a chore chart for my 5 year old. He can earn money or extra tablet time if he does all his chores. Mostly they are just picking up the toys he gets out. Been working pretty good so far.

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Met the wife April 20th, 2007, started dating June 01, 2007, married March 20th, 2010. Get with it plebs, remember those dates! Makes it easier I suppose that the first time I met my wife was a forum get together from the old Vault message boards, for Asheron's Call. So it was her, and about 6 others that either lived, or happened to be in Vegas that weekend.

Last edited:

Borzak

I'm sure if I asked the wife she could pin it down better. I'm not that dumb to come out and I say I do not know to her.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I have a thing going for my pals who get married, someone did it for me and i love them for it. My wedding gift to you is your wedding invitation framed in a sweet frame so you can hang it on your wall. The bitches love it because it is pure Romance. The dudes love it for the practical reminder of the date.

Never had better feed back on any gift.

Speaking of first dates, i fucked my wife on ours and i really enjoy reminding her of it. She blushes as if its a negative then i reminder her it all worked out for her.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I fucked my wife on the 4th date and rolled off her bed into a makeshift thin wall and almost busted through into her brothers room. I always remind her because the dude saw me come into the house that day and for sure knows I defiled his sister

He also caught her giving me road head since he was in a tall truck and drove by

• 2Worf

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Did I mention that my Wife was a virgin and raised with that hardcore
Catholic guilt when I met her? I am not gonna list them, but I am sure you guys/gals can imagine the order of events prior to the actual deed.

• 1Worf

Borzak

No, I rarely accomplish anything the normal way. Redneck "dating".

I got sick, left school, I was the grad student teacher.

She called after I got home. I was coughing. She said she would bring me some medicine. I lived in a tiny cabin at the time. Living room with kitchen and laundry against one wall, bedroom, bathroom. That was it. I loved it.

We talked, once I put 2 and 2 together that was it. Yes we had sex without a real first date. She spent the night. She was not used to being able to walk around naked out to the porch or deck in the middle of the night. Laugh if you want, it was so peaceful. Eye opener for her. She basically moved in shortly after. She was 19 and I was 25. Such a cradle robber, and I loved every minute of it.

After that my professor had to grade her stuff and that was the only thing that changed school wise. I'd probably be in jail nowdays.

My late 70 year old great uncle owned the cabin and lived maybe 500 yards away on the same property. About the 3rd time she spent the night my uncle came waddling by and said "I saw your study partner leaving this morning" and winked. "Good choice for a study partner". Lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Quality Calories