Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fleshlights and similar products are good until you need to clean up.
Probably more like worthless LEOs doing bullshit entrapment "sting" operations.

See, you bait them in with the cougar and then switch it to stuff like, "you need to meet my daughter!" Dude eventually relents and meets the daughter only for it to be a sting operation and then you're a pedo for agreeing to meet the daughter because you actually wanted to meet the mom.

They stopped doing this in Tampa because of the level of bullshit it was lol.
Speak of the devil...

"Throughout the operation, officers and undercover detectives placed ads on websites and apps which are commonly sought out by suspects seeking illegal sexual contact with children," the Phoenix Police Department explained in a news release about the operation.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Thread been dead for nearly 30 days. I am shocked but happy see everyone is doing well in their relationships.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm out of the country for 28 days at a time. Eliminates all problems for a month but It also eliminated the occasional "woke me up with a blowjob" updates.

iannis

Musty Nester
I tried to do my part. I asked someone to marry me. YES IT WAS A BIOLOGICAL WOMAN.

She thought I was joking. Feels bad man :(

Oh well, at least I still have all my stuff.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Was it a stripper? None of the strippers ever took me seriously either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Was it a stripper? None of the strippers ever took me seriously either.

After thinking about it I suppose it IS better that she said no thinking it was a joke rather than thinking it was serious.

Everything's coming up Millhouse.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
Thread been dead for nearly 30 days. I am shocked but happy see everyone is doing well in their relationships.

I can add some angst in for good measure.

On Saturday I told my wife I’m not sure I want to be married anymore. We’ve been together for 10 years, married for 4 and have a 1 year old son.

Until I said it out loud I was confident. As soon as I said it I started to doubt myself and what my motives are.

In the past 18 months I have set up my own business which is doing well but honestly takes up all of my attention and brain space 99% of the time. Money has also been very tight. We’ve survived but we’ve lost all spare money for holidays etc due to me giving up a well paid job to pursue my dream. My Grandma, who was a huge influence on me and lived to 93 years old, passed away, my son was born 12 hours after she died. I have struggled a lot with the feeling of injustice that my son didn’t get to meet my grandma, particularly as it was so close.

My wife is very ‘safe’. We rarely argue and it is only ever about tiny things. My major feeling is that our relationship is gone. I still care about her deeply as a person and don’t want to see her hurt, I also think she deserves to be treated better. When I look at her I’m not attracted to her anymore, I’m struggling with the fact I often have no motivation to be at home and would rather be at work. I neglect her and it feels like it’s by choice.

I am trying to figure out my thoughts but have many things conflicting and conflating. I own a gym which is doing well and has a real community. Our members love coming to the gym. They rave about it being their special place. I’m realising that I’ve put everything into it and that ultimately these people go home to their lives and families and I’m left with an empty building.

For months the ‘single life’ has been on my mind. Not necessarily other women, although I’ll mention that in a second, but living alone and having freedom. Since speaking to my wife I have started feeling an overwhelming sense of dread and fear about being alone. I don’t know if that is what’s motivating me to doubt everything I felt before or if I just hadn’t really thought about it.

For the last month I have been texting a girl from my gym. She is a member so it is stupid of me. I fear I’ve been the stereotypical mid 30s man. I’m 33, she’s 23. She’s absolutely stunning. We flirted for a while in person then started messaging and she got very flirty and then sexual over the weeks. I asked her on a date and we went out. I was aware she’d been dumped by her last boyfriend and he didn’t explain why he just left and she had been damaged by that. Our date was fantastic, seriously great. 5 hours of non stop eye contact. I felt no guilt about being out with another woman and when we kissed a couple of times towards the end of the night I felt nothing but excitement. We agreed to go out again. I had told her my marriage was over and lied that I’d told my wife months ago.

When I asked her out for a second date the next day she said we needed to talk. On Monday we spoke and she told me she had an amazing time and shares my feelings about it but can’t get her head straight about being with someone and thinks it’s to do with her ex. I know she’d been on a date in January with a guy and the date hadn’t been great but she told me that she’d had the same thoughts then and thought our date was so good that it would help her move past them.

I can’t lie, I’m gutted. I haven’t fully processed it yet but I’m sure it’s a mixture of the fact our date and connection were so good, she’s so attractive, it was giving me a new vine to swing from immediately and it was new and exciting and I felt alive again. I also feel like I need to change her mind and seeing her each time she comes into the gym is all I’ve focused on since. That feels naive though and having been in a relationship for 10 years all these feelings are alien to me again.

I also wonder if my date on Friday is what motivated me to speak to my wife on Saturday. And then whether this girl doing this is what’s motivating my doubts and fears of being alone. I have decided not to tell my wife as I think it would only hurt her.

I also think I have struggled with being a dad. Before my son was born I felt strongly about being around as much as possible. Now I think about ways I can not be around. I have a lovely relationship with him but I worry I don’t feel what everyone else feels. The prospect of being a part time dad somewhat appeals to me and that makes me feel awful.

When I told my wife she said she had been feeling similar things - that she’s been unhappy with how I’ve been for a while. That she’s known I’m unhappy in life and struggling. She isn’t sure what she wants but she knows she needs me to change. I don’t know if I’m capable of it and actually if I even want to. The reason my business is doing so well is because I’m putting so much into it.

I have asked my wife if we can take some weeks and maybe months to just keep talking. Keep speaking about how we feel and what’s best. My mum says we should stay together for my son but I feel like that would be wrong as he would see me grow into an even bigger dark cloud over the home and I think my wife and I could be that rare example of friends who co-parent.

I am a highly stressed person and with all the stuff gone on in the last 18 months I fear it’s all piled up on me and I’m not thinking straight. I’m also quite a self destructive person and get restless and make impulsive decisions.

I have decided to speak to a counsellor - I’ve found talking to a few close people to me has helped. Not to come to a decision but the weight feels lighter. I am hopeful that speaking to a counsellor will give me some insight and clarity.

Am I truly unhappy, am I just afraid of the commitments I’ve made, am I afraid of being alone and that’s making me doubt it. Many questions to try and answer.

If I’m honest it all feels very unfair to my wife.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm on Saturday you wanted a divorce, then a bunch of mental gymnastics... ahhh here it is,

For the last month I have been texting a girl from my gym.

The real reason you said it.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
What a piece of shit. Tell your wife what you did and take your punishment like a man. Nice example for your son.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Typical for guys to be out of sorts after child because the mother dedicates all time and focus to the baby. It sounds like you may have some neediness/self importance issues that are amplifying it.

There's a clear right and wrong answer here it just depends on what kind of person you are.

I think you've made a good decision with the "if you love them set them free" equivocation should you punch out. You'll get exactly what's convenient for you and be able to convince yourself you did what's best for everyone.

• 2Solidarity

Hosix

All labs matter!
I can add some angst in for good measure.

On Saturday I told my wife I’m not sure I want to be married anymore. We’ve been together for 10 years, married for 4 and have a 1 year old son.

Until I said it out loud I was confident. As soon as I said it I started to doubt myself and what my motives are.

In the past 18 months I have set up my own business which is doing well but honestly takes up all of my attention and brain space 99% of the time. Money has also been very tight. We’ve survived but we’ve lost all spare money for holidays etc due to me giving up a well paid job to pursue my dream. My Grandma, who was a huge influence on me and lived to 93 years old, passed away, my son was born 12 hours after she died. I have struggled a lot with the feeling of injustice that my son didn’t get to meet my grandma, particularly as it was so close.

My wife is very ‘safe’. We rarely argue and it is only ever about tiny things. My major feeling is that our relationship is gone. I still care about her deeply as a person and don’t want to see her hurt, I also think she deserves to be treated better. When I look at her I’m not attracted to her anymore, I’m struggling with the fact I often have no motivation to be at home and would rather be at work. I neglect her and it feels like it’s by choice.

I am trying to figure out my thoughts but have many things conflicting and conflating. I own a gym which is doing well and has a real community. Our members love coming to the gym. They rave about it being their special place. I’m realising that I’ve put everything into it and that ultimately these people go home to their lives and families and I’m left with an empty building.

For months the ‘single life’ has been on my mind. Not necessarily other women, although I’ll mention that in a second, but living alone and having freedom. Since speaking to my wife I have started feeling an overwhelming sense of dread and fear about being alone. I don’t know if that is what’s motivating me to doubt everything I felt before or if I just hadn’t really thought about it.

For the last month I have been texting a girl from my gym. She is a member so it is stupid of me. I fear I’ve been the stereotypical mid 30s man. I’m 33, she’s 23. She’s absolutely stunning. We flirted for a while in person then started messaging and she got very flirty and then sexual over the weeks. I asked her on a date and we went out. I was aware she’d been dumped by her last boyfriend and he didn’t explain why he just left and she had been damaged by that. Our date was fantastic, seriously great. 5 hours of non stop eye contact. I felt no guilt about being out with another woman and when we kissed a couple of times towards the end of the night I felt nothing but excitement. We agreed to go out again. I had told her my marriage was over and lied that I’d told my wife months ago.

When I asked her out for a second date the next day she said we needed to talk. On Monday we spoke and she told me she had an amazing time and shares my feelings about it but can’t get her head straight about being with someone and thinks it’s to do with her ex. I know she’d been on a date in January with a guy and the date hadn’t been great but she told me that she’d had the same thoughts then and thought our date was so good that it would help her move past them.

I can’t lie, I’m gutted. I haven’t fully processed it yet but I’m sure it’s a mixture of the fact our date and connection were so good, she’s so attractive, it was giving me a new vine to swing from immediately and it was new and exciting and I felt alive again. I also feel like I need to change her mind and seeing her each time she comes into the gym is all I’ve focused on since. That feels naive though and having been in a relationship for 10 years all these feelings are alien to me again.

I also wonder if my date on Friday is what motivated me to speak to my wife on Saturday. And then whether this girl doing this is what’s motivating my doubts and fears of being alone. I have decided not to tell my wife as I think it would only hurt her.

I also think I have struggled with being a dad. Before my son was born I felt strongly about being around as much as possible. Now I think about ways I can not be around. I have a lovely relationship with him but I worry I don’t feel what everyone else feels. The prospect of being a part time dad somewhat appeals to me and that makes me feel awful.

When I told my wife she said she had been feeling similar things - that she’s been unhappy with how I’ve been for a while. That she’s known I’m unhappy in life and struggling. She isn’t sure what she wants but she knows she needs me to change. I don’t know if I’m capable of it and actually if I even want to. The reason my business is doing so well is because I’m putting so much into it.

I have asked my wife if we can take some weeks and maybe months to just keep talking. Keep speaking about how we feel and what’s best. My mum says we should stay together for my son but I feel like that would be wrong as he would see me grow into an even bigger dark cloud over the home and I think my wife and I could be that rare example of friends who co-parent.

I am a highly stressed person and with all the stuff gone on in the last 18 months I fear it’s all piled up on me and I’m not thinking straight. I’m also quite a self destructive person and get restless and make impulsive decisions.

I have decided to speak to a counsellor - I’ve found talking to a few close people to me has helped. Not to come to a decision but the weight feels lighter. I am hopeful that speaking to a counsellor will give me some insight and clarity.

Am I truly unhappy, am I just afraid of the commitments I’ve made, am I afraid of being alone and that’s making me doubt it. Many questions to try and answer.

If I’m honest it all feels very unfair to my wife.

Being a part time dad appeals to you? I mean what in the fuck. It should make you feel awful.

Sorry but that just irritates the fuck out of me. Some of the divorced guys on here like me? We didn’t have a choice in becoming a part time dad. We adjusted and I am at my best when I am dad. But it was never something that appealed to me. Ever.

• 5Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm gonna need some FoH sleuthing and confirmation this isn't a copypasta from some subreddit called "saddads" before I jump in the dog pile

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
For months the ‘single life’ has been on my mind. Not necessarily other women

For the last month I have been texting a girl from my gym

You know how i know you're lying to yourself?

All i heard was a bunch of excuses. Life is hard, i opened my own business, i got a kid, my grandma died, now i want to fuck this fine piece of ass at my gym and i don't feel like fucking my wife anymore.

You go ahead and destroy 3 people's lives (well 2, it seems like you're too much of a piece of shit to realize the life you have) just to get a piece of that ass, see how worth it is in a few months.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Being a part time dad appeals to you? I mean what in the fuck. It should make you feel awful.

Sorry but that just irritates the fuck out of me. Some of the divorced guys on here like me? We didn’t have a choice in becoming a part time dad. We adjusted and I am at my best when I am dad. But it was never something that appealed to me. Ever.
I dunno. It's one of those "You don't know what you got until it's gone". As a most-definitely full time dad, there are many evenings I wish I was a part-time one. I'm sure if I literally had to give up half the time with our kids, I'd think different, but when the noise-level is just non-fucking-stop after a stressful day at work...I get it.

The rest of his post, though? Nah...

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Aren't you asian? Yall are the loudest mother fuckers on earth, you're one to talk! :p

I get it tho. Noise level and activity level after coming home from work used to be rough. It gets better as kids grow older though.

Nowadays my boys are going on 10 and 12, i know i look forward to get home. I had some rough days when they were much younger for the reason you just described though.

That was never an excuse to get a strange piece of ass tho, to put it back into the context of the original thread :p

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's amazing the myth of Soygen's asianness has persisted to this day. Does that speak towards Soygen or more towards us?

It's merely a human reaction. If something is being annoying, how do I reduce that annoyance? In the case of a young kid, part time custody is usually the only "logical" answer, so I can at least understand how someone might arrive at that conclusion.

It does get better though. I had the same issue when my son was younger. I didn't bond with him like my wife did and she's definitely more "into it" than I am at this point. Men, especially the type on this board, have trouble with that aspect. That doesn't mean you jump ship though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
It's amazing the myth of Soygen's asianness has persisted to this day. Does that speak towards Soygen or more towards us?

tenor.gif

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users