Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Don't worry too much about the bond right now. Mom's will always have a stronger bond initially. When they are toddlers, the father/daughter and mother/son bond will usually be stronger. Towards the end of the toddler stage is when that will change and that's when you'll start to teach him how to be a man.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah that's sorta normal. Like I'd probably go insane if I sat at home all day with the kids. But I'd cherish it at the same time, I love being with them. There are times I come home and decompress in the car for 5 minutes before stepping into hell. I have one night a week where when the kids go to bed I tell my wife to leave me alone and I game until 2am

But wanting to be a part time dad is a big yikes

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I didn't know my daughter till she was 25. I can honestly say not a day goes by that it doesn't pain me mentally. All the things I missed in her life. First steps, first day of school, first date, a million everyday things that just come up etc...I can't imagine wanting to only see half of that. You don't just make up for that being there 50% of the time.

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife hasn't been feeling too well lately, went into the doc to get it checked out. They were thinking it's her gallbladder and had to get an ultrasound, now they found something on her liver, have to get another image of that.

I know I'm boarding the freakout train way too early but there ain't much i fear in life other than losing my wife.

She asked me not to tell anyone until we have results, but i gotta spill it somewhere. Just a vent session and I can not freak out in front of her about this.

• 11Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 3Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 17 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hey man good luck, whatever it is. Let's hope it's nothing!

I feel you man. If I lost my wife I'd be a single dad and nothing terrifies me more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Am I alone in thinking that maybe, at least in the right context, allowing yourself to freak out a bit and be vulnerable in front of your spouse can be cathartic for both you and her? I suppose it comes down to what we mean by “freak out” huh?

• 1Like

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I alone in thinking that maybe, at least in the right context, allowing yourself to freak out a bit and be vulnerable in front of your spouse can be cathartic for both you and her? I suppose it comes down to what we mean by “freak out” huh?

For me freak out means wanting to cry just discussing it. The rationale part of me knows it's way too early to be this emotional about it and getting ahead of things. Just like I've said, losing her is about my only fear in life, something that'll make me irrational.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Depends on your woman. My wife prefers me to be stoic, logical and strong while she freaks out.

Well, maybe not so much the logical part until after she's unloaded some of the freakout.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think if you freaked out crying to your wife that would probably worry the fuck out of her. My wife would freak out if I did that

• 1Solidarity

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's it, I gotta be strong about it and was blowing some emotional steam here, thanks for that.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully everything turns out for the best.

And I have to say the amount of prostitutes on Tinder is insane.

iannis

Musty Nester
not all whores are cheap!

Seriously though, not all cities are big. I'm sure LA tinder is rotten with prostitutes as well. But they get less screentime when you've got more non-whores who are just D.T.F.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Where do you live? That's not something I see here.
That should be obvious. I mean its not blatant advertising prices, but its pretty obvious whats going on. Endless profiles seeking sugar or telling you to hit up their sc/ig for a fun time.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The 30 year old lieutenant here at work is proposing to a girl with a 2nd grader. He has known her for like 6-9 months I think.

He spent $19k on the ring ..... this dude is so whipped and I think he will be divorced in less than a year.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
He spent $19k on the ring

I don't understand this at all. If I'd spent that much on my ring my wife would have killed me (GG $100 lab-grown stones). I get that there are swaths of women who see it as a status symbol, but the fact is if guys just collectively fucking refused to shell out that much it wouldn't happen.