Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
i feel ya on the prolonged abstinence. Couple years back, I got stuck with a needle of unknown origin. Since we didn't know what diseases the fucker had, they put me on some kind of aids exposure protocol. No fucking my wife for 6 months. Couldn't even kiss her for 3 months.

TBH, when my wife got her innards removed, I don't remember having to abstain. We did a laproscopic surgery that I think left the ovaries. Is that what you did or did they open her up and gut her like a fish?
That is what she had too. Doc said six weeks of no saunas, no swimming, no baths, no sex etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So around May or so the in-laws had a get together. I was talking with the father in law about how all us guys should get together and do a fishing day trip around fathers day.

Fast forward to the day before Fathers day and my brother in law text me, hey what time are you heading up tomorrow, I had no idea what he was talking about and found out that they had planned the fishing trip but I was never invited. He spilled the beans about the trip I wasn't supposed to know about and plain old ignored the subject after asking what time I'd be heading over there.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the whole shit soured me a bit. Talked with my wife about it and she was saying oh he just wanted to take his boys with. But they (the in laws) never once in our 16 years together have done anything on fathers day. But in the same year I suggest something to do, they all do it minus me, hard to not take that personally.

• 1Mother of God

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
So around May or so the in-laws had a get together. I was talking with the father in law about how all us guys should get together and do a fishing day trip around fathers day.

Fast forward to the day before Fathers day and my brother in law text me, hey what time are you heading up tomorrow, I had no idea what he was talking about and found out that they had planned the fishing trip but I was never invited. He spilled the beans about the trip I wasn't supposed to know about and plain old ignored the subject after asking what time I'd be heading over there.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the whole shit soured me a bit. Talked with my wife about it and she was saying oh he just wanted to take his boys with. But they (the in laws) never once in our 16 years together have done anything on fathers day. But in the same year I suggest something to do, they all do it minus me, hard to not take that personally.
Jizz on his daughters face and send him a photo.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

No, your instincts are correct here. That's just a shitty thing to do. I really hope you say something to him the next time you see him. That's hurtful, and he needs to know it's hurtful. Just something simple like "thanks for the invite to the fishing trip I suggested." Then walk away. Might seem passive aggressive, but he is a dick and he deserves to feel uncomfortable/badly for something like this.

I'm having the devil of a time with my parents in law. They both have been diagnosed with Alzheimers. Last time I saw them my father in law didn't remember who I was, which hurt, not because he was being a dick, but because he and I had a really great relationship. It's hard to see him disappearing because of the disease. He got very agitated and I had to leave their condo to get him to calm down. Half hour later I came back and he greeted me joyfully. He then proceeded to start up a discussion about a piece of music he and I discussed to death about 15 years ago, picking up that conversation like it had been happening ten minutes before.
My mother in law has always been less than pleasant. Now she's just mostly silent. She seems to be more aware than her husband of the freedoms that are being taken from them. No car or license, no bank or credit cards (she was online buying so much that it was a massive problem), no ability to just get up and go on a vacation or anywhere. She's just getting angry, and she is focusing that on me. She remembers that I was there to move them into their assisted living place, and she's blaming me for her having to be there.

Alzheimers is a really, really fucking shitty thing. The only positive that has come out of this is that my wife and her brother have become a lot closer as they together deal with it. Another down side is that the other brother has become a total dick in this, saying that the other kids are excluding him in decisions (they are, because he's a waste of skin and tries to override decisions by feeding fear and descension to his parents in their confused state).

You don't get to pick your own family. And really, you don't get to pick the family you marry in to. It's tough out there. Be good to yourself, don't let parents drag you down.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, your instincts are correct here. That's just a shitty thing to do. I really hope you say something to him the next time you see him. That's hurtful, and he needs to know it's hurtful. Just something simple like "thanks for the invite to the fishing trip I suggested." Then walk away. Might seem passive aggressive, but he is a dick and he deserves to feel uncomfortable/badly for something like this.

I'm having the devil of a time with my parents in law. They both have been diagnosed with Alzheimers. Last time I saw them my father in law didn't remember who I was, which hurt, not because he was being a dick, but because he and I had a really great relationship. It's hard to see him disappearing because of the disease. He got very agitated and I had to leave their condo to get him to calm down. Half hour later I came back and he greeted me joyfully. He then proceeded to start up a discussion about a piece of music he and I discussed to death about 15 years ago, picking up that conversation like it had been happening ten minutes before.
My mother in law has always been less than pleasant. Now she's just mostly silent. She seems to be more aware than her husband of the freedoms that are being taken from them. No car or license, no bank or credit cards (she was online buying so much that it was a massive problem), no ability to just get up and go on a vacation or anywhere. She's just getting angry, and she is focusing that on me. She remembers that I was there to move them into their assisted living place, and she's blaming me for her having to be there.

Alzheimers is a really, really fucking shitty thing. The only positive that has come out of this is that my wife and her brother have become a lot closer as they together deal with it. Another down side is that the other brother has become a total dick in this, saying that the other kids are excluding him in decisions (they are, because he's a waste of skin and tries to override decisions by feeding fear and descension to his parents in their confused state).

You don't get to pick your own family. And really, you don't get to pick the family you marry in to. It's tough out there. Be good to yourself, don't let parents drag you down.

I've been debating on saying anything, I think I'm going for the disconnect route and just be the c and e in law only. See ya at Easter and see ya at Christmas. No birthday parties no Thanksgiving, just the key holidays and see ya next year.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've been debating on saying anything, I think I'm going for the disconnect route and just be the c and e in law only. See ya at Easter and see ya at Christmas. No birthday parties no Thanksgiving, just the key holidays and see ya next year.

Passive-aggressively punishing them will only make things worse. Be a man and tell them they hurt your feelings and give them a chance to make it right. Then whatever happens get over it and get on with your life. They can be shitty if they want to, you don't have to stoop to the same level or make yourself unhappy by dwelling on it.

• 6Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 6 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
You say you’ve been with your wife 16 years… do you have reason to think your FIL doesn’t like you or is this an isolated incident?

• 1Like

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You say you’ve been with your wife 16 years… do you have reason to think your FIL doesn’t like you or is this an isolated incident?

I do not think there's a dislike or anything. Doing any kind of activity as a group has never been done other than just get togethers at their house. Which is why I brought up the fishing thing.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I do not think there's a dislike or anything. Doing any kind of activity as a group has never been done other than just get togethers at their house. Which is why I brought up the fishing thing.
Have you considered… they have been going on all this time?

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 3 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Just talk to them. Don't be passive aggressive. You either get an apology and they try to make up for it or you you get clarity on what they actually think of you and then you can tell them to fuck off.

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Or, alternatively, don't talk to them. Why waste your time in life dealing with assholes?

My mother told my sister yesterday that she doesn't remember kicking me or her out of the house. So because she doesn't remember it, it never happened, and we must be making it up. We're obviously both delusional.

I haven't talked to my parents in 12 years, and this is why. Why the fuck would I sit there and talk about how that shit hurts my feelings to fucking psychopaths. What a waste of time.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Or, alternatively, don't talk to them. Why waste your time in life dealing with assholes?

My mother told my sister yesterday that she doesn't remember kicking me or her out of the house. So because she doesn't remember it, it never happened, and we must be making it up. We're obviously both delusional.

I haven't talked to my parents in 12 years, and this is why. Why the fuck would I sit there and talk about how that shit hurts my feelings to fucking psychopaths. What a waste of time.
Imo that would be the next step, if they are assholes about it and have no good explanation.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>

Set up your own fishing trip with some friends. Make it the trip of a lifetime, hook a monster fish, and have it stuffed/mounted. Then give it to your in laws for Christmas.

• 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

If you aren’t invited they don’t want you around, move on and find new people to hang out with.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Seems like the best route. I can speak from experience. 2 BIL's never got invited to anything ever. After 16 years, it is pretty clear they don't consider you part of the clan. Life gets better when you stop giving a shit about people who don't give a shit about you.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Earlier today my wife and took a sauna together. She was feeling very frisky and asked if I was up for fooling around. We have never really fucked in the sauna for obvious heat related reasons, but today I was feeling good and I really try to not decline when my wife initiates. Somehow my wife managed to call our 14 year old on the discord app, I have no idea how she did this.

Anyway fast forward to later this morning when my wife was dropping our boys off at practice and my 14 year old says, "Mom can I talk to you?" He was embarrassed and nervous to tell her, we are not sure what he heard. But he definitely heard "fuck me." The call only lasted a minute and we weren't do anything super kinky or role playing in any way so it can't be that bad other than he knows it isn't always lovey dovey and his Mom says "fuck me." I told my wife don't worry, it isn't as bad as him walking in on us and seeing it. I am not happy it happened, but I am not really upset either. I am sure we will all laugh about it 10years or so.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Nothing like telling your 19 year-old son and his friends you’re done playing CoD for the evening and he makes the mistake of asking what you’re going to do…

“Your mom, bud.”

• 5Worf
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 5 users