Marriage and the Power of Divorce

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Or you're just a beta bucks sucker and she's gettin the real D on the side from an ex NFL player. He's also African American. Live with that.
Cucked by Utnayan
frown.png

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I swear 50% of the arguments I've ever gotten into with an SO were because "all the relationships I see on the TV shows I like are full of drama and ours is way to chill so we need to fight about something to be more like the TV shows I like." (With the other 50% being somehow related to alcohol consumption, mostly mine).

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My wife was the other way around. The first big fight we got into (over some stupid bullshit I'm sure) she was ready to call it quits. Turns out she'd never fought in a relationship before, and figured that meant it was over...

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I wish I had some better advice for you. Her "issue" concerns a matter entirely out of your control, which is probably the source of her current moral conflict. I don't mean to pry, but how much of her angst do you think is sexually related?
I don't want to get into a lot of detail here, but I will say this much. I am starting to suspect that it is a pretty big factor in it. That is just guesswork on my part, and since she has such a hard time really talking about any of this and giving me any details on specifics, I can't really say for certain. Part of it may just be my insecurity in all of this.

Nothing really new to report. We are going about our lives as if nothing is going on. I am just focusing on staying as positive as possible and helping out where I can.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I don't want to get into a lot of detail here, but I will say this much. I am starting to suspect that it is a pretty big factor in it. That is just guesswork on my part, and since she has such a hard time really talking about any of this and giving me any details on specifics, I can't really say for certain. Part of it may just be my insecurity in all of this.

Nothing really new to report. We are going about our lives as if nothing is going on. I am just focusing on staying as positive as possible and helping out where I can.
You may have already posted this, but how old is she?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, just turned 34 in August. So thinking on that now, she was actually 23 when it happened I guess. Cause the accident was in May, and I had just turned 27 in March.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Serious suggestion: would you be up for some arrangement whereby she can sleep with another person? If it's mostly sexual, and you can find a way to address that, the relationship may go on. If it doesn't work, well you were getting divorced anyway

I volunteer Brad for the job

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
As I've stated, I don't think he should suggest any solution besides individual counseling and listening until she is finished with her surrogate pregnancy.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Serious suggestion: would you be up for some arrangement whereby she can sleep with another person? If it's mostly sexual, and you can find a way to address that, the relationship may go on. If it doesn't work, well you were getting divorced anyway

I volunteer Brad for the job
Yeah I didn't want to say it, but you essentially just wrote what I was thinking when I asked her age. 34 is pretty much the height of female sex drive. In my experience women in their mid thirties can't get enough sexy time.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I didn't want to say it, but you essentially just wrote what I was thinking when I asked her age. 34 is pretty much the height of female sex drive. In my experience women in their mid thirties can't get enough sexy time.
He could be that dude in prison break.

Woman is probably just out of her mind due to the pregnancy.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
PM me her cell, I'll tell her, and arrange a time and place to handle the situation. I assume she's batshit crazy, I'm only doing this if it's going to make headlines.
We've lost him Rerolled. Good night sweet prince.