Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Embrace it. Talked to a 35 year old girl for about an hour last night, she seemed nice and things started going well... then she started talking about how she sells essential oils in what is very clearly pyramid thing. I found this to be a huge turn off/red flag. She Facebook invited me to an essential oil sales party thing today. Uhg.
Private party? to discuss and sample her different lines of body rub and oils????

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Embrace it. Talked to a 35 year old girl for about an hour last night, she seemed nice and things started going well... then she started talking about how she sells essential oils in what is very clearly pyramid thing. I found this to be a huge turn off/red flag. She Facebook invited me to an essential oil sales party thing today. Uhg.
Khane has already confirmed that as long as she wears deodorant, her essential oil fixation shouldn't be a big deal. Also, as long as it pays decent and it's legal, who cares. With all due respect, if you want to attract the doctor instead of the essential oil chick, dump the piercings.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I can't even imagine the amount of pseudo scientific bullshit that would be spouted at an essential oils sales party. No way in hell could I keep a straight face or remain silent. Even if she is making decent money, she is doing it by scamming people. So either she is a shitbag or dumb as shit.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The only experience I have with essential oils is my wife sometimes uses them in boiling water to clear her sinus. It does a decent job at that. Especially if you neti pot afterwards to actually get the gunk out.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Onoes is prepared to endure a lot to get essential oil on his dong. I bet he taps that in the next two weeks, or at least tries....

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I can't even imagine the amount of pseudo scientific bullshit that would be spouted at an essential oils sales party. No way in hell could I keep a straight face or remain silent. Even if she is making decent money, she is doing it by scamming people. So either she is a shitbag or dumb as shit.
Well I guess it depends. If she's selling them on the basis of supposed curative properties, then I absolutely agree--she's either a dumbass or a charlatan. But I had a girlfriend at one time that was into that shit, and it was only because it made the house smell nice. She had a vaporizer and would swap out the oils every week.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I look at people that do pyramid selling schemes to be low sub-humans. What poor life choices have you made to lead yourself to this place, dear saleswoman?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
You can't talk sense into the people who buy this shit, either. I have a co-worker that suffers from autoimmune problems and she spends thousands of dollars on craniosacral therapy, we don't talk anymore because I flat out told her that she was being scammed. She got really mad at me, apparently the purveyor is "one of her best friends, she wouldn't do that to me!"

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
That's the thing. People involved in that shit are mostly true believers who don't actually make money on it, since they're spending tons of money on it themselves.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think the worst is when friends or family get involved in that shit, and then hit up all their friends and family and co-workers and shit. I just find that really really tacky and I pretty much instantly lose any respect I might've had for you. I've been hit up for Amway, cell phone plans, etc.

Oldbased

> Than U
Partner's Niece started selling that shit a few months ago when she got fired from some shitty job and mailed us a "brochure" which I tossed in the trash.
She's Mormon too which pretty much confirms the whole page.

iannis

Musty Nester
The only experience I have with essential oils is my wife sometimes uses them in boiling water to clear her sinus. It does a decent job at that. Especially if you neti pot afterwards to actually get the gunk out.
I expect it's the neti pot that's doing her more good than boiling oils.

I'd tell her to go pick a bunch of mint and boil that. I've got mint all over the fucking yard. It doesn't have to be something that you get at the GNC. You just go out into the yard and pick the shit that doesn't look like grass.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I expect it's the neti pot that's doing her more good than boiling oils.

I'd tell her to go pick a bunch of mint and boil that. I've got mint all over the fucking yard. It doesn't have to be something that you get at the GNC. You just go out into the yard and pick the shit that doesn't look like grass.
I've done it both ways. Sometimes when I'm so plugged up the neti pot just runs into a dam of snot and no water can even pass. I huff some of that oil mixture concoction (though I'd imagine huffing some Vicks would do about the same) and it clears me out a bit and lets the neti pot water flow.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What about just steam? The last thing I do when I shower is blow my nose because the steam always loosens up the mucus. I don't think the oils are doing anything.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
When on a tinder date with a chick a while ago. Told her I study close relationships in my PhD program, and she said "oh then you must know about [whatever the fuck the 4 color theory about how people get along is]?" I said no, I've never heard of it, and she looked at me with such confusion, like everything we do is clearly useless if we didn't use this obvious best way to understand relationships. I thought about saying we do science, not pop psychology, but she was Asian and hot so I censored myself. Then she told me her best friend is a high school psych teacher and teaches her students that and all kinds of other pop psych shit. I died inside

10 minutes later she said she was going to a good friend's essential oil party next week.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I was like 8 my parents got involved in selling Amway and we always had to follow them to the person above them's house for Amway meetings. Even at 8 I knew this was some straight up bullshit.

The only plus was we got a soda machine that would carbonate water and you could add soda syrup to it. Like 20 years before a sodastream ever came out. Shit was cash in my neighborhood.