Marvel Heroes 20xx

Argarth

On the verandah
By the way, for everyone who thinks Thing is bad. Think again. He is a goddamn beast after his buff in 1.0
I really like Thing and hope his 52 review isn't a complete train-wreck (like Wolverine's was imo, better now). The problem I have with him is that I hated Head-butting when that was his best move, and NOW his best move is a Backhand Slap.

FFS, in what universe does the Thing go around slapping bosses with the back of his hand??

Sigh... pure retardation if you ask me. =(

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I've always said that I had fun playing Thing. I also don't think Thor is bad (if you spec him for AoE abilities...I tried a melee build and it was boring as hell). With that said, Iron Man blew them both away.

It's really just about finding the build that you like for that character, I think. Instead of running to the forums for the "best" build when you're starting a character, I'd recommend putting a point into each power along the way and seeing which ones you like and which ones you don't. Then, after you've tried them all, decide on your favorites and respec to just those.

Goatface

love thing, but have not geared him up properly. have him in mostly xp/sif stuff right now. which means for most cosmics have to do some ping-pong which i think it fun, but slow.
what i read his 52 is near last on the list, so i don't know if should invest him now or one of my other toons.
even done right are tanky toons needed on raids? they really don't seem that great in pug xdef.

speaking of cosmics, does boss drops only come from the boss or can it come from the chest(s) too?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This game is pretty damn fun. Ended up picking Rocket Racoon as my starter cause I figure he will get a big boost to capatalize on the movie being released in August. Anyone have a link on the best way to farm or aquire splinters?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Splinters just seem to flip out pretty consistently boosting your rare item find I believe buffs how often you will see them but basically the more you kill the more you find. They were popping out like crazy this last weekend. Good way to get them is if you get a group in midtown you wind up tagging and getting credits for hordes of things so you tend to see a lot of splinter drops when doing it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've always said that I had fun playing Thing. I also don't think Thor is bad (if you spec him for AoE abilities...I tried a melee build and it was boring as hell). With that said, Iron Man blew them both away.
That's the main issue. I think every hero can probably be played effectively with enough effort, but there are simply a few of them that are head and shoulders above the rest. Nobody face tanks and deals damage at the same time--while giving no fucks at all about spirit--like Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight has a sig that annihilates a single target in a way that very few ultimates can even compare to, etc. It's not that the 'average' heroes are bad, they just tend to pale in comparison to the best ones.

even done right are tanky toons needed on raids? they really don't seem that great in pug xdef.

speaking of cosmics, does boss drops only come from the boss or can it come from the chest(s) too?
Have not done/have no interest in the raid, but people who've taken Ms. Marvel to it are complaining that her tankiness is completely wasted there and it's all about max dps because there's timers on everything and pretty much all damage can be avoided.

Boss drops are from bosses only, not the chests.

Anyone have a link on the best way to farm or aquire splinters?
Splinters drop every 7-8 minutes as long as you kill something at least close to your level. The timer ticks while afk in a hub, etc.

SIF (not RIF) doesn't speed up the timer, it simply increases your chance of getting a 2- or 10-pack ES drop. Doops occasionally drop 3-packs, rarely 6-packs. Chests have about a 50% chance of dropping a splinter, and neither doops nor chest drops reset your 8 min timer afaik.

Best way to farm them is to buy an ES potion, afk in a hub, and go kill a few things in Midtown every ~8 minutes. Of course that means not playing the game at all until 3 hours worth of boost is used up, which takes a pretty long time when you're in a hub for, say, 8 out of every 10 minutes.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think the timer is actually ~15 minutes on splinter drops. And the potions drop that to around 7. Could be wrong about that.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Any suggestions on what non starter to get first? Also the buy one get one free they have going on, is that good if you buy a character with G or is it only good if you purchase it straight up?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I went random with my first few eternity shard purchases. The BOGO is only good for G purchases not eternity shard purchases. Honestly every hero I have tried has been fun in their own way. As said by others some just excel at their schtick like ms marvel is about the best tank you can get at the moment or at least the best rounded one.

If you want to save up for a pretty good hero right off the bat taskmaster is a pretty good choice. He is pretty darn strong and is only 200 shards.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Any suggestions on what non starter to get first? Also the buy one get one free they have going on, is that good if you buy a character with G or is it only good if you purchase it straight up?
If there is no character that you know you want already then what would you like to do? Stealth, area damage king, single target king, etc.

After I got characters I liked in comics I went with synergy bonuses that help the entire roster first.

Khane

If you want to raid:

Wolverine, Black Panther, Gambit, Moon Knight, Squirrel Girl, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Cable, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel are the heroes I know are very good in raids. There are two guys who main Thing in my SG too and they wreck shit but they have been playing since the beginning and have like 1500 omega points each already.

The ones I left off aren't necessarily bad I just have no idea how they perform in a raid environment.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think the timer is actually ~15 minutes on splinter drops. And the potions drop that to around 7. Could be wrong about that.
Na base timer is 6-8, seems to vary a bit, was faster during events it looked like. The potion simply increase drops, you get a lot of 2 and 3 drops at once.

Besides name color change, are there benefits to presitiging a character?
Prestiging gives a basic costume, 3 costumes gives you a random costume from the crafter(lvl 20), random meaning it can be another/the same basic, but can also be an enhanced costume or whatever.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
And given the amount of costumes in the game your odds of getting a better costume than a basic one is pretty high.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay, thank you. I had a couple basic costumes sitting around that I don't really like. Wolverine's is pretty rancid.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
New Reaper schedule for holiday weekend:
RedWhiteAndLoot.jpg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
WTB reaper event that buffs loot quality instead of just quantity [of blues and purples].

Also, I timed my ES drops this afternoon and was getting them almost exactly at the 7 minute mark (about 15 seconds over was the longest). That's without any boosts.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
If you want to raid:

Wolverine, Black Panther, Gambit, Moon Knight, Squirrel Girl, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Cable, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel are the heroes I know are very good in raids. There are two guys who main Thing in my SG too and they wreck shit but they have been playing since the beginning and have like 1500 omega points each already.

The ones I left off aren't necessarily bad I just have no idea how they perform in a raid environment.
You're gonna need SW in a raid for her aoe debuff.

Khane

I've cleared every boss but Surtur 3 times now. There is no one character that's needed. In fact, we don't even have a raiding SW in our SG