Marvel Heroes 20xx

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have Iron Man at 60 and I just got SW to 50. SW is fragile but yeah once you have Chaos Warp, she fucking destroys midtown. She's not great at terminals though, really fragile and not very good single target damage.

Still, I'd definitely say she's one of the faster levelers in the game.

Goatface

from doomsaw after going a couple of days of saying nothing had changed

some bosses had retooled ai and adjusted armor from light to heavy, which is like giving them 10-15% more hps
(this includes Rhino, Blob, Juggernaut, Mega-Sentinel, Taskmaster and a few other story-mode bosses)

which appears to introduced this bug -

a few confirmed bosses who double-dipped into both armor and defense passives and will be fixed with this week's patch (Man-Ape in One-Shot and Kurse verified fixed at all levels, including Story-Mode, not just Cosmic

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's amazing how quickly Gaz has managed to destroy ~11 months of goodwill from making up for one of the shittiest launches in the industry since AO.

Though to be fair, I don't even really give a fuck about the Omega System. It's a bloated mess that has had everything interesting in it turned into +0.01 Gooder (or worse) like the rest of the boring nodes. I don't want to do the equivalent of a legendary from rank 4 to 5 every day for the next year, and if the system was actually really strong I'd just never consider coming back if I was 5000 points behind the cap.

What is driving me away is the fucking loot, just like Path of Exile did. PoE still has a lock on "stingiest loot system created by mankind" but MH makes up a lot of ground by having nearly 40 heroes now and making it ungodly time-consuming to fully gear even one of them. Gaz fucking up right and left the past few weeks, first by making mistakes and then by trying to cover them up, just makes it that much harder to hold onto to any hope that they'll get their shit together with the really important stuff.

Argarth

On the verandah
It's amazing how quickly Gaz has managed to destroy ~11 months of goodwill from making up for one of the shittiest launches in the industry since AO.

Though to be fair, I don't even really give a fuck about the Omega System. It's a bloated mess that has had everything interesting in it turned into +0.01 Gooder (or worse) like the rest of the boring nodes. I don't want to do the equivalent of a legendary from rank 4 to 5 every day for the next year, and if the system was actually really strong I'd just never consider coming back if I was 5000 points behind the cap.

What is driving me away is the fucking loot, just like Path of Exile did. PoE still has a lock on "stingiest loot system created by mankind" but MH makes up a lot of ground by having nearly 40 heroes now and making it ungodly time-consuming to fully gear even one of them. Gaz fucking up right and left the past few weeks, first by making mistakes and then by trying to cover them up, just makes it that much harder to hold onto to any hope that they'll get their shit together with the really important stuff.
It's really quite extraordinary, and this rubbish with the Omega System, stealth changes, rushed hero releases/reworks (IW & Wolverine for example) has only served to give me the final push I needed to go and play something else.

I've had a ton of fun though (~30 heroes, two fully geared with blessings, maxed leg., well rolled uniques & arts. etc, but was getting bored with terminals). Since I've no interest in raiding in this game, the thought of grinding it all out again with several other heroes (as you mentioned) just makes me want to puke. So, I've started out totally from scratch in RoS, and having a blast so far with my Crusader; will see how long the fun lasts I guess =)

Funny you should mention PoE; I quit last year with a couple of character in the mid eighties, after sinking several hundred hours also. I played fully self-found so yeah, inevitably the shitty loot was the final straw there. I check the forum every couple of months, and the "feedback" posts have hardly changed in all that time - crap loot, map currency sinks, "forced" trading, and de-synch... lol

re MH, I'm not sure how Gaz will proceed. Once you are cruising through cosmic terminals, there really isn't much of a carrot left, especially if you play mostly solo like me. Some have been begging for a Cap-level story mode (with appropriate loot) for a long time, and if they did that -AND- made it possible to dial in your own difficulty setting (like torment in D3 I guess?), I think it might add a much needed layer of variety to the end game.

I've kind of stopped caring really, so for the foreseeable future it's probably too late for me anyway.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Info on Rocket Raccoon 52 review:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discu...2-design-notes

Hi!

I met with the team working on the Rocket Raccoon level 52 review just now to get a few early pieces of information.

Here's the quick download:

Basic pistol attack is getting a cooler animation

Basic rifle attack option is being added to be more in line with the movie / comic

Minigun Laser is being added

Tactical Destruction being changed to Gauss Rifle with tweaks to performance

Plasma Cannon being added that launches a very heavy plasma burst which leaves a giant ground AOE

Groot receiving some tweaks, more info on him later

Gun Turrets will receive a burst of attack speed when they are deployed to help Rocket's who want to be more mobile

Other turrets functionality is consolidated into Arc Turret and Warp Turret.

Rocket's Defense Screen is being upgraded to work similar to the Halo Xbox games, where it will recharge over time when out of combat. You can also manually do it, but some Rocket's may opt to remove it from their hotbar with this new change.

Rocket Dash being added as a burst of speed from your jetpack. This is a dash travel option.

Burrow changed to Laser Drill theming, not a huge change in function.

Targeting Array active/passive combo will consolidate most of the passive and include an active component that directs your turrets to fire at a specific enemy (!)

Assault Doctrine and Battery Doctrine are new mutually-exclusive specializations that allow rocket to specialize as a Turret Master or Gun Master. Each has an active component (Assault has a reload and Battery allows you to spawn all turrets).

H7 Fleetslayer allows you to deploy 4 tactical nukes at a time

MechFall is the new Ultimate and summons the Thanos-Buster Mechsuit for your enjoyment.

That's it for now, more next week.

Goatface

Ryolnir_sl said:
We're working on this week's Summer Beach Party event! You'll get to see it in TC tomorrow.
doomsaw_sl said:
We also have a Summer Beach Party "Big Kahuna" Legendary which will launch tomorrow [on Test] for this week's event.
so is every weekend going to have an event now?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
There was a ton of weekend events before MH 2015 came out, nearly every weekend, so I'd be surprised if they didn't continue with that.

Edit: Did something happen with the Rerolled guild? I logged in earlier and it was fine, logged back in just now and I'm not apart of it anymore. I didn't join any groups so I shouldn't have left it.

Edit 2: Nevermind, relogged and its working right. Weird, never had that happen before.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone know the official time the server rolls over to the next "day"? Specifically for daily login reward.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Open the thingie and check the Shared quests, bottom right has a timer until reset and it's the same reset I'm fairly sure. Think it's midnight PDT or so.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
so is every weekend going to have an event now?
One of the F2P profitability strategies is to have weekly updates/events, as the data shows it keeps players logging back in and ups the longevity of the game as a whole. So yeah, these events are a core feature of the game.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
is any of the armor drive items BIS of anyone?
sieges targetting system is good for a couple heroes, probably not bis but usable until you get some of the red/cosmic only artifacts. the rest are trash like every event item.

Vorph

Just be aware that Siege Targeting System can roll extremely shitty. If it's not really close to 421 brut, don't buy it. Getting a perfect one isn't hard, took me maybe 15 or so vendor rerolls.

The event items don't all suck though. Fred Dawson's Hot Dog Cart is BiS for Cyclops, Storm, and Iron Man. Too bad about the Perfect Wave though. As a slot 4 with +3 skills it was pretty damn amazing, probably even enough to get me to play this weekend in spite of being pissed off at the game. As a slot 3 with +1 skills is a piece of shit compared to Hot Dog Cart and pretty much every hero-specific unique. Sunglasses look like shit too. Even Ms. Marvel's slot 5 is better than those, and that's a unique that people normally use a cosmic in place of.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the hot dog cart is in no way shape or form bis for storm. i also highly doubt it for cyclops but i dont know enough about his uniques off the top of my head to outright deny it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dawsons might actually be second BiS for Cyclops, but it's definitely not better than a God of Thunder, which is what I'm using on him atm. As for Iron Man, yes it's unquestionably better than Extremis, and probably better than God of Thunder for Iron Man since his damage is split between energy and physical.

Not sure on Storm, God of Thunder is probably better for her too, but it seems like a tossup between her own slot 3 and the hot dog cart.

Vorph

Cyclops BiS (Theorycraft) - Marvel Heroes 2015

As for Storm, that one's just my opinion but I think 382 DR, 80 spirit, and +2 to all skills is an obvious choice over either of her own uniques.

Don't ignore the fact that rolling a near-perfect Hot Dog Cart is trivial (I have three of them for those three heroes I listed) which is a pretty big advantage over any unique you get as a drop.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
im confused. even the thread you posted doesnt have the hotdog cart as BiS, only in contention for it.