Marvel Heroes 20xx

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
If it was a boss that was actually hard, like magneto, there's no way I'd be able to beat him with 5 extra levels. Shit's ridiculous.
I must have missed the Magneto buff from beta. I've soloed every other boss with Punisher but Magneto just seemed impossible without a reliable leap ability to escape his force field of death that covers half of the screen.. Even after recruiting two more people will still died multiple times.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I faced Magneto twice last night. Once with a Storm + Deadpool + Deadpool and another with a 5man. Don't remember all the characters but Deadpool, Cyclops, Wolverine for sure. The first time was a mighty pain in the ass. Eventually we zerged him down. The second time he was laughabally easy. Not sure what the issue was.

Oh I meant a heals when injured magneto. Saw that once and noped out of there.
First time I got to daily magneto was lvl 24. I promptly died in two hits. 4 levels later it takes 4 hits to kill me, makes a huge difference. I don't know how a non-ranged is supposed to beat him. I think you can group up for the solo dailies anyways? I've figured out how to beat him with no deaths on black widow. It involves nothing but rolls and basic attacks. :/ That's most bosses though. Sometimes you got to zone out and heal up, especially if he's going to trap you over by the entrance with his force field. Some people recommend pinning him in the corner with a character that can block, like thing, while others range attack him down. I've never tried it though.

Magneto was way easy in beta. i don't think I died on him in then. Definitely join a group for the storyline version. I feel like taskmaster and hood moved a lot faster in beta. Hood especially was tiring as a melee. Taskmaster's damage was definitely toned down. They nerfed bullseye and kingpin too. I don't think bullseye instant-kills anymore and kingpin used to spawn non stop adds. Now its like 3 goons every so often.

lanludar

Silver Squire
Well I wanted to try and play this today but get invalid username/password every time I try to log in. The 58 page thread on the forums about this problem makes me think its not just me though. Great launch so far...

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you play through Steam, do you still have to register on their site (like Torchlight 2)?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If you play through Steam, do you still have to register on their site (like Torchlight 2)?
Yes, once the game launches you have to enter your account and pw from their site.

Just played the tutorial as the Thing, pretty happy with his likeness to the Hulk.

EDIT: Not the greatest game ever but for free this is pretty awesome.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the heads up, Oblio. I plan give it a go soon. How are the game and servers holding up on release day?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Well I wanted to try and play this today but get invalid username/password every time I try to log in. The 58 page thread on the forums about this problem makes me think its not just me though. Great launch so far...
You have to go to their website and do the forgot password. They will send you a new temp pw you can then change it back to exactly the same pw you already had. The game should work for you after that.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
playin as scarlet witch, found a storm character through the tutorial, anyone else playing and wanna group up?

Tenks

If I have the client from a few days ago am I fine and should just patch up or do I need to uninstall/install fresh?

-edit-

nm that news article on the splash page is a few weeks old

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playing Colossus and Black Panther, makes me wish the game wasn't Diablo style, but like DCUO / CoH.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Ooooooooh, so stoked this game is finally out. I plan on playing me some Scarlet Witch and I'm going to CC the fuck out of everything.

I'm installing on steam, does anybody know if you can use your steam wallet to unlock characters if you so desire? Or still have to go through their site?

Caliane

Gave it another shoot post release.

Definitely enjoying it more this time around. still wouldn't really recommend it. Playing scarlet witch and aoeing all of the things.

Tenks

Since the in game store uses funny money I'm guessing you still have to go thru them

xzi

Mouthbreather
Came back to post that I am finally on and you can in fact use your steam wallet to buy stuff in their store.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys, I bought a vent for the Rerolled Bloodbowl league, but no one ever uses it. So I would like to extend it to the Marvel guys to use. It is only a 10 man server ... enjoy.

Name: rerolled.typefrag.com
Port: 63046
Password: nuffle

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
so i switched to storm and i didnt restart the story right away, i didnt wanna lose progress didnt know switching to her would do that, anyway how do you start from the first quest with a new toon? or do i just waypoint back and not do its own quests etc.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so i switched to storm and i didnt restart the story right away, i didnt wanna lose progress didnt know switching to her would do that, anyway how do you start from the first quest with a new toon? or do i just waypoint back and not do its own quests etc.
Not really sure, but there is a NPC in a room north of the Crafting room in Avengers Tower that appears to allow you to replay the storyline starting from any point you wish. Not sure how it works, or if it messes up you current progress on another character(s).