Marvel Heroes 20xx

Troll_sl

shitlord
Liking Hawkeye. Not so fond of Storm. Hoping to find Rocket or Cyclops as a drop.

Definitely a ton of fun for a F2P.

hazmandoo_sl

shitlord
Got involved in a Venom kill last night that is guess is a random world event of some flavour? Basically about 50 people trying to spam Venom who isn't much bigger or well defined than a regular character, was near impossible as a melee character (Hulk) as he jumped around so much. Still, I stayed around, endured the lag and hit him when he was close enough and 5 mins later collected loot.

Not really sure, but there is a NPC in a room north of the Crafting room in Avengers Tower that appears to allow you to replay the storyline starting from any point you wish. Not sure how it works, or if it messes up you current progress on another character(s).
The storyline is both character and account based.
There are certain rewards you can only get once per account, like the free random starter from beating the prologue, and some rewards that are once per character, like +25 hp for beating doc ock. You'll have to reset the story to maximize your alts.
If you reset your story, its reset for everyone of your characters. If you beat the storyline, endgame content and pvp are still available and unlocked. You can reset to a chapter if you want. Say if you want to redo chapter 2, it will erase all your chapter 2 to 8 content, but prologue and ch1 are still done.

Caliane

Scarlet witch is a beast. She seems very OP!
yeah. that aoe burn is beast. (I got +3 to that aoe burn on gloves, 2 levels before I could even get the skill. haha. that was funny, just running around dropping that and instakilling entire packs before others could kill 1 target) Shes a bit weak vs fast moving single targets. bosses. Since her moves are largely ground targeted. I imagine debuff builds are better for that.
i'm building mostly damage atm. the aoe root, the aoe burn.

how is end game stat point allotment? should I be saving my skill points ala d2? or just go ahead and invest as I go?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
yeah. that aoe burn is beast. (I got +3 to that aoe burn on gloves, 2 levels before I could even get the skill. haha. that was funny, just running around dropping that and instakilling entire packs before others could kill 1 target) Shes a bit weak vs fast moving single targets. bosses. Since her moves are largely ground targeted. I imagine debuff builds are better for that.
i'm building mostly damage atm. the aoe root, the aoe burn.

how is end game stat point allotment? should I be saving my skill points ala d2? or just go ahead and invest as I go?
You can find respec tokens. Doubt they drop as much as before, but hopefully you'll find one while leveling so near "endgame" you can respec into the skills you think are best.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
so i switched to storm and i didnt restart the story right away, i didnt wanna lose progress didnt know switching to her would do that, anyway how do you start from the first quest with a new toon? or do i just waypoint back and not do its own quests etc.
You can warp to any spawn point you've already been to from the portal deal in Avengers Tower. So, for a fresh lvl 1 you should warp to raft. You won't have any quests there, but the bosses will respawn and you can work your way through the story again (indefinitely). Not an ideal system, but it works well enough.

Solo'd first purple daily yesterday (Madripoor) - fucking took forever at lvl 27, but got some good loot and 2 levels of xp. Definitely tuned for groups though, as shit hits really, really hard (and Deadpool is squishy as hell).

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You can warp to any spawn point you've already been to from the portal deal in Avengers Tower. So, for a fresh lvl 1 you should warp to raft. You won't have any quests there, but the bosses will respawn and you can work your way through the story again (indefinitely). Not an ideal system, but it works well enough.

Solo'd first purple daily yesterday (Madripoor) - fucking took forever at lvl 27, but got some good loot and 2 levels of xp. Definitely tuned for groups though, as shit hits really, really hard (and Deadpool is squishy as hell).
So basically i just replay through zones, if i want to actually start playing the character and doing quests i have to reset all my progression, am i understanding this right?

I only wanted to give storm a go because it said "characters that havent been played in a while have better chance to find stuff" figured id give her a go for a bit see if i can pop another hero out.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Don't quote me on this, but I believe it only reset the current chapter. If you're in the middle of chapter 6, and a new character at chapter 1, you can still warp back to the previous character at chapter 6 but you will be at the beginning of it.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
You can reset yoru progress to any chapter. Some rewards are 1 time only, most regular items and permanent boosts you can get again (just no Funbux store stuff)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wow the packages after release suck compared to the pre-release ones. $15 more bucks and you get fortune cards instead of in-game currency.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
It is rather disappointing. I had bought Cyclops for $20 and was thinking about getting one of the $60 dollar packs to try out more heroes, but with the pre-order packs gone from their website, and the available packs in steam being almost $90, I guess they think they'll truly get their $750 out of some folks who want all the heroes.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I got Punisher because I am a huge Punisher geek, but is there any true OMG Overpowered hero that is out there? I hear Thor is pretty nice but hulk looks cool too.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pretty sure Captain America is considered the best character for end game grinding at the moment due to being able to use a build that lets him block all damage. Watched a stream last night with a level 40 Cap where he could face tank any boss while his partner, a level 39 Colossus would get crushed down after a few solid hits from boss(think was Mr. Sinister). With them doing major balancing the week leading up to launch I'd say just pick a character(s) you like cause I'm sure they have some major changes in the works right now once they get most of the major bugs fixed(annoying loading screen sound).

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Are there in-game ways to unlock all the characters, or are most of them purchase-only?

Lenwen

Silver Squire
I seem to have bad luck in this game. The two characters I got to 30 are both messed up/bugged in some ways. Cable's synergy doesn't work properly, doesn't gain any attributes, and either the Hulk's defensive buff or defense itself is wonky. Definitely not fun getting one or two shotted in group content due to a mistimed reaction while in melee range.

Seananigans: heroes does drop in game, though they are quite rare. So far I have gotten hulk and black widow to drop.

Goatface

are the costume upgrades worth it? should be worry about them while leveling up or wait till endgame?