Marvel Heroes 20xx

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Do ya'll think Cosmic MM/ICP will make people think about defense, or will certain heroes become "tanks" and groups will just be 1 tank, 4 dps?
I went full defensive artifacts and omegas yesterday on hulk to test out. I even changed my secondary spec to a ranged hybrid spamming tremor fists and using his life leech basic. It made a noticeable difference but the difference was not appreciable. Instead of losing 3/4 my health bar I lost 1/2. A 2 shot is still a 2 shot. It was also taking so much longer to kill stuff that I wasn't any safer because of how much extra shit was on my screen. And this is with good gear.

The problem with this game is Gaz has gone WAY overboard with diminishing returns. Defense is also way too overbudgeted as an affic on most items. You simply can't get enough of it. So with diminishing returns hitting it hard around 13k defense and the fact that it's really hard to get to the 20k or so you'd need for a measly 60% damage reduction it's basically a "get it to 12k then forget it exists" stat.

The only way to tank in this game is to play a hero that has tanky powers. Someone like Thing. You cannot make yourself tanky enough via items and omegas, which is kind of stupid.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah did some cosmic MM on Punisher and the amount of "I died? I didn't even see anything...." was absurd. Pretty quickly logged out.

The brotherhood wave was the most unfair. Sometimes I'd die before I even finished loading up the bosses and people. Otherwise, Cosmic mm wasn't too bad. I was playing Storm so I could stay out of the way of everything. Usually its random mobs that would get me, not the bosses.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
It's a little absurd. Wonder if this is what they are tuning with the patch?
Probably killing drop rates and hopefully fixing the disconnects. Zone will probably be not worth going to after their hotfix if its how they usually tune things the day after release.

Khane

So I finally found the right mix for my hulk. Normal dps spec but 20 points in hulk tough instead and 1 in meteor strike. Relic of Subterannea, 800 def uru, HP on insignia, white suit jacket and ACCoC.

27k hp, 19k phys def, 18k on all others. Still not terribly safe but I can take a few more auto attacks. And I still brut with sig for 7-10 mil and 1.2-1.6 mil with gamma strike.

I've come to the conclusion that the patrol zones are just not suited for higher difficulty settings. There are still too many unavoidable deaths even in the best gear. They are fairly easy in a well geared group and the new invisible woman adds a lot of survivability but they are just boring as a group zone. It's tedious, not difficult.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The tedium and not difficulty argument was the exact same one I usd in SG chat earlier today.

But with the way insignia and 4 stat cores rain from the sky, it's the kind of tedium you really cant avoid. Although the prices on 4 stat cores should start to plummet pretty quickly.

Khane

Seems like the cores and especially the insignias are not dropping nearly as much as they were yesterday.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well they claimed the only thing they were going to adjust was the HP on the Doom clones and the frequency they dropped HoDs.

Khane

Like 10 minutes after I posted that I Man-Ape dropped an SWGN for me

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't have much time to play last night, but is it just me or do the mobs in NORMAL Industry City hit harder?

Did I miss something?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Did a full raid group cMM yesterday. One of our officers got 3 SWGN in about 2 hours. There is absolutely no reason to do the mines one-shot anymore.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I didn't have much time to play last night, but is it just me or do the mobs in NORMAL Industry City hit harder?

Did I miss something?
It feels like they fucked up projectiles again on Mondays patch. Gun dudes are raping again. Not the first time it's randomly broke in a patch.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Got a friend thinking of giving this game a shot; anyone who is familiar with the other big aRPGs (D3/POE), mind chiming in with their thoughts on Marvel Heroes? Things that are good, things that aren't so good?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I've played all three, and I consider this one a large margin better than either other one. PoE suffers from poor engine, D3 is just boring as all fuck (despite having a stellar engine), and Marvel is just plain fun. TONS of progression routes, or at least, things to do to progress your account, which is the main thing that keeps me playing. Between having so many unique characters to level, and the Omega system, I'll probably never run out of things to do. And the engine is definitely solid, despite not being Blizzard-level amaze.

Also familiar super heroes are more fun and interesting to me than... well, generic idenity-less fantasy heroes.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got a friend thinking of giving this game a shot; anyone who is familiar with the other big aRPGs (D3/POE), mind chiming in with their thoughts on Marvel Heroes? Things that are good, things that aren't so good?
Ive played a ton of all 3 and it really depends what your looking for in an ARPG. Marvel Heroes is just plain fun to play, you move around quickly, destroy big packs of mobs with large aoes and see big pops of loot. It reminds me of Diablo 2 a lot more than any of the other ARPGs.

Downsides? No difficulty curve at all. Its easy as fuck right up to red raids which is more of a gear check than anything else before it becomes easy. As someone who plays hardcore leagues in other ARPGs, Marvel Heroes is a serious disappointment on the difficulty. The new game modes that were just released is an example of this. Cosmic midtown and ICP are basically a constant stream of people rushing from the spawn point back to the boss. No penalties for dying or anything, just zerg rush the boss. Seeing that the devs think this is ok and that players enjoy doing this makes me think Marvel Heroes isnt the game for me.

I also consider the community a downside in Marvel Heroes. The comic book nuts are out in force and mostly suck at the game. I end up surprised half the people I play with can put on pants in the morning and the game is balanced with them in mind.

Khane

You should join a supergroup Byr. The game is way different in a decent super group.

Cosmic MM and ICP are a joke (well, fuck cosmic ICP. Hyde and Batroc do way too much damage with completely untelegraphed attacks) when you go in with a decently geared group.

As for your friend Eidal this game has its fair share of problems but like the others have already said, it's just plain more fun than the other 2 big ARPGs. PoE is for heavy min maxers that like different leagues and hardcore. D3 is for, well I have no idea who D3 is for. MH is fast paced and fun and has a TON of heroes (45 are playable now and they add new ones all the time). It's got itemization issues and the engine is not nearly as responsive as it should be. And the mouse pointer "capture" is terrible. Pretty much the worst I've seen in any game. I constantly just lose my pointer on the screen, and the teleporting abilities slide the screen instead of just moving with the character. But it's still fun to play