Marvel Heroes 20xx

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
lol they're adding ult upgrades to the store. Wouldn't be surprised if Founder exclusive costumes hit the store before the end of the year at this rate.
Could already basically buy ult upgrades, a lot of people did it during teamup sales and gifting. Still pretty lame.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
175G for Groot during a sale, so I'm expecting the price to start at 300G for the new item.

My biggest complaint about the game has always been that there's 50+ heroes but it feels like their design is more appropriate for a game with a tenth of the number of characters. I don't expect this new token to change my mind about that at all.

Vorph

So is there like no server side XP boost at all for this event? I don't remember it being so bad last time, but I was getting like 80k from XP orbs in CMM this morning. There's the indirect XP gained from opening the chests, but still... meh.

Since I don't really need marks anyway, I was thinking this is a good day/weekend to drink an ES potion. What's the usual strategy for maximizing it? I was thinking I'd stand in CHT hub and just go in and out the elevator every ~8 minutes for easy trash kills right around the corner. Is there any benefit to popping an extra ~150% SIF while doing it?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
best way to use an ES potion is to use the lower cow levels. Pop in, kill a pack with a level 20 ult, go back to hub, wait for ult to come off cooldown and repeat.

Vorph

Heh, this is going to take awee bit longerthan I thought. I hit the 100 ES mark only 20 minutes into the buff and it lasts 3 hours.

I think I'm waiting too long between trips out though. It was a Galactic Guardian boost that I used, so I have like 315% SIF now, and doesn't that drop the timer between ES drops down to like 5-ish minutes?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SiF doesnt drop the timer down, it just makes it more likely youll find an ES after the minimum time.

Vorph

Is 8 minutes not an official number then? I did a little testing yesterday and got some after only 6-7 minutes.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never have trouble at 7 minutes and will often get them down to about 6 and a half, hence my suggestion of using a level 20 ult cooldown as the timer.

Vorph

Don't have a L20 ultimate, I've changed mains too many times and I still don't have all the useful synergies yet so that's where all my ES goes. I'll have ~1600 once I finish this boost, but it's going towards Elektra, Ant-Man, and Nightcrawler. Elektra synergy is godly and bumps She-Hulk off the list for phys heroes, thankfully (since Elektra actually looks fun to play). Even if I spend the rest on tokens I'd still only end up with Spider-Man at ult 10.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Kind of getting back into this after a Looooong hiatus. (Last time I played was shortly after Rogue was released). Story mode seems like the go-to way to level toons now? Is rogue still as bonkers as she used to be? Any new character I should be looking out for?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If anything rogue is even more OP than she used to be.

Elektra was a surprisingly smooth hero release considering their recent track record.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol so much for my cautious optimism. Everyone was pretty happy with the state of Emma's QoL review, then yesterday they beat her half to death with a nerf bat for no particular reason and pushed her live today. Bunch of fucking morons.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The ICP leaderboard is apparently resetting every 4 hours, so if you can just log in every now and then throughout the day and do 1 wave in both versions of ICP for the placement rewards.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
5 internets to the man who posts a 'nerf emma frost' thread in her forums.
Funny part is people were bitching about how her review sucked when she was on TC. Her review thread was the most toxic thread I may have ever seen in any game forum. The people who actually used math and understood mechanics were run off by the people who know jackshit about the game and just wanted cool sparkles and new costumes. People were all pissed about the lack of specializations when her review by far has had the most open builds. For once a reviewed character actually has the ability to spec real hybrid builds without being burdened by specializations. Her review really made me look back at the community and realize how useless and vile the playerbase is. I want them to never have a TC for reviews and only allow certain players access to test characters from here on out. Give some incentive for these people (G rewards or something).

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TGbcM55.png

And now they are going to nerf the damage and just make it another rogue race. Shame.